Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Till Troll

Halterneck top pattern: tutorial to come soon

Till Troll

Hi

As promised, the halterneck top pattern from Baldylox's post. I've got photos for a tutorial ready but haven't finished it yet, so it'll come soon :s

Some quick pointers til I do that tutorial

1. The straight long sides of the front and back halves should be place on the fold of the fabric to create the full front and back pieces.

2. If you ignore the sharp taper on the sides (like I keep doing >.<) this top won't slide over the DDdy bust piece and will sit below it :p I did this on the top I made for the tutorial, so it doesn't fit my DDdy properly. Looks great on the DDII L bust tho!

3. There are no seam allowances in these pieces: add the seam allowance that you feel comfortable with.

4. The top has a tight fit, so feel free to add some ease/give at the sides if you want something looser.

5. Gather the bottom of the bust pieces so they fit in the cup shapes on the front piece.

6. I make the front and back as solid pieces, and take off the doll's bust to put this top on. Add a join at the centre back using doll velcro or small poppers for making it easier to put on and off.

7. I am not a professional pattern maker or anything like that, so if you think the pattern should be different/improved, go for it!

8. Keep your girl nearby and try it on as you go along: on these scales, with such a tight top, getting a seam just a little wrong can mean it doesn't fit: I have this happen alot too. I should be more careful!

http://tilltroll.robmeerman.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/haltertoppattern-2.jpg