Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Bellatrix

JP videogames...

Bellatrix

Do you like them? Do you play? Which ones are your favorite?

I have Wagamama Capriccio, Chu x Chu Idol 1 & 2, Alice Parade, and some less famous ones!

But I'm still trying to understand how can I really play with them xD

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

JoltFiend

The only ones I play really are the music/rhythm games, like Taiko no Tatsujin and Project Diva. I'd like to get into the RPGs because a good number of them don't get localized for the US, but I really would like to know what's going on in the game, story-wise.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Coffee

I'm a bit confused by your thread title.

I'm guessing you mean JP-only released titles?

Because there are plenty of Japanese games that are released outside of Japan.

I have quite a lot of NTSC-J games since I'm collecting games, sort of. XD

But my favorites have to be all the rythm/music games such as Project Diva, Taiko no Tatsujin, Ouendan and Happy Dance Collection. XD

I mostly try to buy games where you need to know as little Japanese as possible to play as I can't really speak Japanese.

Though I have a couple of games I'd love to be able to understand when I play, such as Tenerezza, Purumui Purumui, Klonoa Heroes, KimoKawaE!.

I also love the PS2 port of the NiGHTS game~! XD

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

Galvatim

I have a few Japanese games...

I've got Fate/Stay Night for PC. There's a fan-made English patch for it. It's worth it for the story, the "naughty bits" aren't why people play/read Nasu's visual novels. I also have the PS2 version, which can be used with the patch to add the voice-overs by the (Japanese) anime cast.

Otherwise, I own and have played Fate/Tiger Colosseum, and Nanoha A's Portable, both for PSP. Both of these are fighting games, so they aren't too hard to play, even with the language barrier. Tiger Colosseum is pretty fun to take on trips. I've still got to get around to picking up the sequel someday.

I have but haven't played: Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero (also have English ver.), To Aru Majustu no Index, and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun for PSP, the Haruhi Nintendo Wii game, and Fate/Unlimited Codes on PS2 (have Eng. ver. for PSP).

Oh, and my precious copy of Biohazard 2 (Resident Evil 2 in the west) for Dreamcast. Dreamcast can play games from other regions with a bootdisc, so it's a good system for import gaming. Since I know RE2 like the back of my hand, and the dub remains in English, it's not hard to play at all.

It's true, I bought a bunch of these games for pack-in Figmas... I have a problem...

Deinbeck

Project Diva

I've been playing Cave shooters badly for a few years now as well

Coffee
It's true, I bought a bunch of these games for pack-in Figmas... I have a problem...

But it's much more fun to buy a game that comes with something special, such as figurines.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

Bellatrix
I'm a bit confused by your thread title.

I'm guessing you mean JP-only released titles?

Because there are plenty of Japanese games that are released outside of Japan.

Yesh, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

JoltFiend

Hahah, I forgot about Tiger Colosseum. I have that and Upper. I had picked up a copy of the Index game only for the Misaka figma. I haven't even opened the game yet. XD

Nightmare Tea

If Touhou Project counts, then yes, lots of that..

Tieren

I bought project diva 2nd so I could play it on my PS vita. Definitely going to get Project Diva Next later this year. Haven't decided on digital or physical card yet. I'd prefer the latter but it's more trouble to get.

Coffee
Yesh, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Sorry if I annoyed you by saying it...

SakuraSylph

Indeed. I've got several Japanese-only games for each system I own from PS1 on forward. Here are a few of them that I can think of off the top of my head:

PS1: Bust a Move II Dance Tengoku Mix, DDR x lots, Chocobo Racing

PS2: Gunslinger Girl, more DDR, NiGHTS, Fate/Unlimited Codes

DS: Ouendan, Taiko no Tatsujin, Game Center CX, Shoko Nakagawa's Sukashikashipan Man, Gyakuten Saiban

PSP: Project Diva, K-ON, iM@S SP

x360: Deathsmiles, Espgaluda II, The Idolm@ster and sequels

I'm particularly partial to The Idolm@ster series since I love Chihaya to pieces. And Deathsmiles, 'cause hey, gothlolis. I'd love to make a Chihaya DD cosplay one day, and one of my favorite YJA scores was a full Casper DD outfit (Deathsmiles chara). But looking back at the list, I think I really liked pretty much all of those.

SakuraSylph

mangaemi

My husband and I really want to get Idol M@ster, but there's just so bleepin' many of them... and of course for the Xbox (or PSP which I hate as a gaming console).

Though we did get Railfan for the PS3 only because we love Japanese trains and it's just a big dorky fun little simulation game. XD

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

SakuraSylph
My husband and I really want to get Idol M@ster, but there's just so bleepin' many of them... and of course for the Xbox (or PSP which I hate as a gaming console).

There's really just two iM@S games for the X360 that you need to worry about if you want the story. That's iM@S 1 and 2, literally... Live For You is fun but optional as it's a rhythm game like Taiko / music video player. So, there's not really too many.

The other games are Dearly Stars for the DS (haven't played), and the first trio for PSP.. The PSP ones are all the same game, just they had to split it in 3 since there's so many idol girls. The saves are compatible across them. Just pick the one that has your favorite girl in it if you don't want to buy 3 PSP games. But honestly I wouldn't worry about any of these portable games until you've done the two X360 ones.

SakuraSylph

Anna-neko

hmm... Haven't got a chance to play many of them: old systems needed mods and can't afford newer stuffs in general (PSP and 3DS, why u no cheaper)

do we count DDR in this mix? Because I've clocked faaaaaaaaaar too much time (as I'm sure many have) with that game (r more like 4 different versions of it) in a friend's basement on his modded PSx

There was a Slayers RPG: early 90s, SNES. Didn't even have any translation patches or anything, and just one lonely half-finished WalkThru on the interwebz (ended up playing the game and actually helping the person finish their write-up)

Played the hell outta Sakura Taisen 2 and 3! Didn't have a bootdisk, but the Dreamcast could be tricked with a very high-tech trick - piece of string to pop it open instead of the button (boot any American game, pop the lid and toss Japanese game in before system realizes anything happened)

It was a bit crazy because the Dreamcast was in one corner of the room while the PC with the super lengthy dialogue translation was in other, and I'd run back and forth every 10 minutes. Plus the system needed major (and multiple, thing was a test of patience!) tricking to actually boot up ST3 (possibly newer region~lock code or something)

anyone ever pop ST3 disk into a CD-player and have Erika's cute voice tell you that this isn't a music disk but a game?

Have also played Fate/Stay Night and Umineko no naku koro ni - thank you fan translators!

Attempted Fate/hollow ataraxia and after looping thru the same damn day 4 times got bored

sofiel

Ps1: Some japanese dragon ball fighting game, i bought for 100$ at the flea market xD along with the special disc and spring thing so i could play it in my ps1 lol...

Ps2: parapara paradise is the only game i had to get my ps2 modded for to play.

ps3: no japanese games for that.

Psp: for my modded psp, i got lots of japanese versions because i never wanted to wait for us release xD.

dissidia, monster hunter, project diva, kira kira music night, and a bunch of other randon japanese games that i cant remember because i didnt like them enough to stay with them. Also had the GBA emulator on my psp, i play one piece japaense game, and some other gba ones. its been so long. (i love my memory stick and all the games i had on it ;-; )

JoltFiend

anyone ever pop ST3 disk into a CD-player and have Erika's cute voice tell you that this isn't a music disk but a game?

I haven't done it for ST3, but I did with Magic Knight Rayearth for the Sega Saturn. It's Hikaru giving you the message