Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Taidai

>:3

Taidai

Hey all!

I'm Tai, pretty new to the whole doll thing but that hasn't stopped me from jumping in head first. I've just purchased all the parts to a Dollfie Dream Sister and words cannot describe how excited I am.

Since I've always had a passive interest in fashion, I'm probably going to be making all of her clothes save a starter outfit and PJ (because who wants to just move somewhere and wait weeks to have actual clothes right? )

I took an interest in dolls about 3-4 years ago when a coworker did a bunch of photography of them and they've always looked freaking adorable, since then I've been too broke to get one but somehow ended up with a gargantuan anime figure collection instead. So after attending Anime North and checking out the doll panels and events, I just couldn't put it off any longer.

Anyways, I'll probably be lurking the newbie section for a good long time. If there's any awesome faceup or clothes making tutorials I would definitely appreciate the help. I'm also keeping a blog of my own of all the (mis)adventures I have.

Nice to meet everyone!

Be sure to check out my misadventures in the Dollfie Dream world:

I have NO idea what I'm doing and my Flickr

sarynkitamo

Woo! Another Canadian! SOON WE WILL CONTROL EVERYTHING!!!

I mean... er...

Welcome!

I can't wait to see your DDS once she's all put together! Not to mention the clothes... I bet you can sew better than I can. ;D Let me know if you spot any easy-looking tutorials! I kind of want to learn how to sew for my girl (it must be easier than Slim Minis, right?).

That's roughly how I got into BJDs (and eventually DDs), seeing some in person at Anime Evolution in 2008 after seeing them on DeviantArt... well, I had to get one!

Saryn

donpablo

Welcome! I'm super new too having just won Cirno. Good luck with your project!

archangeli

Hi and welcome!!

I'm glad you had a great time at Anime North and that it helped convince you to get a DD for yourself!

Where did you get the DDS internal torso frame? Volks Int'l and Volks USA have been out of stock for ages @__@"

~ archangeli

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Taidai
Woo! Another Canadian! SOON WE WILL CONTROL EVERYTHING!!!

I mean... er...

Welcome!

I can't wait to see your DDS once she's all put together! Not to mention the clothes... I bet you can sew better than I can. ;D Let me know if you spot any easy-looking tutorials! I kind of want to learn how to sew for my girl (it must be easier than Slim Minis, right?).

That's roughly how I got into BJDs (and eventually DDs), seeing some in person at Anime Evolution in 2008 after seeing them on DeviantArt... well, I had to get one!

Saryn

Yah fer shure dere eh? Get some back bacon on da barby que and watch de hockey game!

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome! I'm super new too having just won Cirno. Good luck with your project!

Congrats on winning that, I am not jealous whatsoever...

...really <.<

...totally not >.>

Hi and welcome!!

I'm glad you had a great time at Anime North and that it helped convince you to get a DD for yourself!

Where did you get the DDS internal torso frame? Volks Int'l and Volks USA have been out of stock for ages @__@"

~ archangeli

And this is what I meant by misadventures, since I didn't actually bother to look at the final order (being FAR too excited) I noticed the frame wasn't in there. Oh well, guess I'll do her faceup and other stuff while I wait. Or scour the internet like a madman. Thanks for pointing this out, luckily, it's the only thing not on there.

What an inauspicious start. I love it, pretty typical of my projects. *runs off to blog about epic fail*

Edited by Guest

JoltFiend

Hello and welcome!

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Tieren

I hope you're able to get your internal frame part soon! Or maybe you'll give in and pick up something else while you're waiting...

I was considering building a DDS for my first until I noticed that the DDIII has the same flexibility and one of my interests is sewing some clothes so the standard size helps.

Bellatrix

LOL almost everybody here comes from USA or Canada! XD

Welcome, though!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your stay here

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Taidai

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

@Tieren, I was considering DDIII as well but pretty much due to me being the poor person I am, I could only budget enough for a DDS. Might get a DDIII later though.

By the way, here is a link to my blog. Hoping to get some feedback and critiques about my projects

Nehelenia

Hi and welcome! I can't wait to see how will your first girl turn out ^^

Taidai

Necroing my intro thread to announce my return! Finally getting a DDS frame so I'll have a full doll to give me motivation again

ovada

Hello and welcome!