Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

The Evil Maid Outfit and Rei

baldylox

A little over 3 months have passed since I ordered the Saber Maid set from Volks Lottery for Dolpa 24. I was so happy that I won this outfit because my little Rei loves dressing up as a maid. She really keeps the house in order too when she is in Battle Maid mode.

So she was super excited to learn that I got that set for her. It was an extremely long wait but it finally arrived.

Unfortunately, in those 3 months, I found out that this particular outfit has horrible staining power. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about how fast peoples girls were getting deep and dark stains on them. After reading so much on the subject, I had to make the hard decision to sell this outfit as soon as it came in. There was no way I could let my dear Rei be damaged so badly.

When I arrived home the other day, I found that the mail had already been taken into the house and I had the horrible feeling that the Saber set had arrived. My fear was confirmed when I went into the bedroom and found Rei already opening the outfit....

Oh no... I am too late!

5581368431_9b751faa15_z.jpg

"Papa, Papa, look! It came, it finally came!"

5581958946_ce02d9348f_z.jpg

Oh Rei, I really wish you hadn't opened that package. We need to talk about that outfit....

<>

5581953510_c2f2903b2e_z.jpg

Rei, I'm so sorry about this but I cannot let you have that outfit. It has.... "issues".

"What issues? It looks fine to me!"

5581964432_bdaf132d4e_z.jpg

Well Rei, it's like this...

"STOP right there Papa. You're messing with me correct? You are just trying to pull my leg right?"

I wish I was Rei but I can't let you wear that outfit. It would be terrible if you did.

5581375689_4bb6ee18f3_z.jpg

"No! I have been waiting so long for this! You cannot take it from me right as I get it! This is not fair at all....sniff. WHY are you being so mean to me Papa?"

5581383203_7f0c54cacd_z.jpg

Rei, please come into the computer room with me and I will show you why I can't let you keep this outfit. It's way easier for me to show you than it is to try and explain.

"Sniff.... this had BETTER be good."

5581971828_dae5c3df70_z.jpg

Alright Rei, please look at this. I know this may not be easy to see but you need to see these pictures so you understand why I am not letting you keep this set.

"What happened to that poor girl?"

Rei...... the Saber Maid set has stained her. As you can see, it did it badly.

5581966358_812f73e8cb_z.jpg

"What? A Volks outfit stained? No way."

Yes Rei, it did. Look at this picture. This outfit was only on this girl for less than 10 minutes and this is what happened to her.

"Oh my.... that is horrible!"

5581381315_2334696c3f_z.jpg

Yes, it *is* horrible Rei. Her Papa was so upset about it, he thought he may have to get her another body due to the stains. But he is trying to give her treatments as you can see here.

"That poor girl..... how could Volks release a set of clothing that does THIS?"

5581973418_2f3ff5ffed_z.jpg

I have no idea Rei but there is no way I could let something like this happen to you. You are too important to me to have something stain you so badly. You remember how bad Yoko was stained when I first adopted her right? And she was nowhere near as bad as this poor girl is. I know you don't want to have to go thru those treatments like Yoko did.

"No... Yoko was brave and strong for doing those treatments. I know the stains hurt us. And it took a lot of treatments to get Yoko fixed."

Yes it did. And I don't want you to go thru that process if I can avoid it. I know you wanted this set more than anything but if it will damage you, I have to say no and not let you keep it. Do you understand now?

"Yes Papa...."

5581974936_8f9194f39c_z.jpg

"BUT!"

What is it Rei?

"You have to PROMISE ME that you will find a suitable replacment for this outfit for me! I need a new outfit that shows my status as Head Battle Maid!"

I swear to you that I will do everything I can to get you a better outfit that won't damage you.

"You had better!"

I will dear. Now let me go and get supper ready.

5581389599_9b1aea5be4_z.jpg

After I leave, Rei quietly talks to herself in hushed tones........

"Now I know..... I know for sure. There are no more doubts for me."

5581960790_699074a162_z.jpg

"Papa loves me with all his heart. He really, really does."

5581957100_02dbb0d3da_z.jpg

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OtakuDepot

Oh my God!!! I don't think I've ever see Rei look so cute before. Sometimes it's hard being a parent. I hope your able to find her a nice maid outfit that she'll love.

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

mitsuki

Poor Rei, but she is so adorable! The last shots are masterpieces!

jun97

Wow, Rei is so cute! I loved the last couple of pictures, nicely done!

PlasticFantastic

That staining is the things nightmares are made of.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Halcyon

I enjoyed reading the story. Thanks, Baldylox!!

Rei is so adorable!!

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Galvatim

Poor Rei, she was so excited! I hope you can find another maid outfit or stain proof this one for her!

"What? A Volks outfit stained? No way."

I hate to break it to Rei, but I've found Volks outfits are the most likely to stain... Though to Volks' credit, they have gotten much, much better.

I love those last two shots! Great pics!

scripple

Baldylox told me there are stories that this outfit has stained through body stockings in a short amount of time. That's just crazy. I have the original release of this outfit and left it on for over a week on top of a cool cats body suit and no staining occurred. Not sure if the original release had better dye setting or if the cool cats outfit works better at stain prevention than the Volks one, but I'm happy I didn't run into problems.

I really like the photography on this one Baldylox. As you know I could tell how the story was going to go even before you added the text to the pictures so you really captured the moments. I love the shot of Rei clutching the outfit close to her. Too cute. The shots at the end great too, very nice portrait lighting.

mitsuki

I think the Cool Cats protective layers are denser weave than the Volks ones. Staining can go right through the loose fibers of Volks body stockings.

baldylox

Thanks so much to everyone! I'm really glad you enjoyed the pictures!

It really was hard to tell Rei no on this. She was so excited about the outfit too! She seems better today tho so hopefully the prospect of getting something else will keep her happy.

I know other Volks outfits stain but my girls all think that their parent company can do no wrong. It's hard finding out that you maker also makes things that can hurt you. I think Rei was more disappointed in Volks than with me telling her no. You could see it on her face as she stared at the package......

Scripple, I do think that your older version is made with different material than the new version. *Everyone* I spoke to that owns this new set says it has stained no matter what they tried, whether it was the soaking in vinegar, soaking with Dawn for 4 days or trying to set the color using other means. All of them still stained afterwards. For Volks to release an outfit that they KNEW was going to be a sought after set and also KNEW it was going to stain quickly is just so wrong. They had to have known this would do damage and yet they sold them anyway. That's pretty crappy if you ask me.

Thanks again for all the kind remarks everyone! Rei is happier knowing people enjoyed the pictures!

Billy

Alphakitty

Aww, poor Rei! I have this outfit for my Saber Lily, but I am so scared to put it on her after all the horror stories. One of these days I'll work up the courage!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Halcyon
For Volks to release an outfit that they KNEW was going to be a sought after set and also KNEW it was going to stain quickly is just so wrong. They had to have known this would do damage and yet they sold them anyway. That's pretty crappy if you ask me.

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=322

baldylox
Aww, poor Rei! I have this outfit for my Saber Lily, but I am so scared to put it on her after all the horror stories. One of these days I'll work up the courage!

I so wanted someone to tell me I could do something to prevent stains from this. But noone could. Everyone said that short of wrapping your girl in Saran Wrap, there is no way to protect from it without getting a thick body stocking for her. And to me, that kills the look of the outfit.

It was a hard decision for me to make. I so wanted my little Rei to have her maid set. She LOVES maid outfits. Having to tell her no was so difficult.

If you do wind up putting your set on your girl, please be careful and have soem type of Oxy10 or Remove Zit handy. You're braver than I am, I couldn't imagine putting that on Rei and knowing it was going to damage her.

Billy

Halcyon

I so wanted someone to tell me I could do something to prevent stains from this. But noone could. Everyone said that short of wrapping your girl in Saran Wrap, there is no way to protect from it without getting a thick body stocking for her. And to me, that kills the look of the outfit.

It was a hard decision for me to make. I so wanted my little Rei to have her maid set. She LOVES maid outfits. Having to tell her no was so difficult.

If you do wind up putting your set on your girl, please be careful and have soem type of Oxy10 or Remove Zit handy. You're braver than I am, I couldn't imagine putting that on Rei and knowing it was going to damage her.

Billy

You could try adding a clear, flexible, and thin vinyl layer (plastic instead of fabric) to the inside of Saber's maid dress. Just an idea. Nothing big!

baldylox
You could try adding a clear, flexible, and thin vinyl layer (plastic instead of fabric) to the inside of Saber's maid dress. Just an idea. Nothing big!

Well, I have already "sold" the Saber set to someone so it's no longer an issue. While I truly wish that I could have kept it for Rei, the deal I have worked out that included that outfit will give me something much, much nicer in the end. And I don't mean another maid set either. I'll just leave it at that.

Billy

Nakitaninja

This is by far your best work yet, Billy! It is educational and adorable. ^^ Sorry your maid outfit didn't work out. I pretty much figure you'd just have to eventually buy a replacement body.... not a good answer, I know.

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

baldylox
This is by far your best work yet, Billy! It is educational and adorable. ^^ Sorry your maid outfit didn't work out. I pretty much figure you'd just have to eventually buy a replacement body.... not a good answer, I know.

Thank you for the kind words! Rei can really be expressive when she wants to. I think she really broke out of her shell a bit more in these shots. She's still tough as nails but now she is showing that she has a soft side yearning to get out too.

Yes, I would have had to get another body if I decided to keep that set and let her wear it. And I don't have the money for that just yet. But it's ok as I let that Maid set go in a trade/deal I worked out with a friend that will let me gain something else that is way cooler than that Saber outfit could ever be. Plus, I may have a lead on another maid outfit that is even NICER than the Saber one AND ITS WHITE LINED. Like all dark colored clothes for Dollfies should be.

Billy