Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

glassjaw

Dollfie Body suits

glassjaw

I just finished reading this in Kotaku,

http://kotaku.com/5917647/inside-this-girly-doll-bodysuit-theres-a-lady/gallery/1

Doll body suits, really? I know were in the doll hobby but this is something else, it doesn't creep me out, actually it intrigues me but would never wear one its just too weird.. specially guys wearing them. each to their own I guess.

What do you guys think would you guys wear a doll skin? laying around somewhere, maybe afterwards hack someone to pieces..

2mhv8ds.jpg

Tieren

Doesn't seem that much different from cosplay.

baldylox

I can't recall the name of this but it's pretty big in Japan. Lots of people do it and Danny Choo posts about on his site often. Some people view it as creepy because 9 out of 10 times, a cute anime girl is being cosplayed and inside the suit is a guy. So some people have issues with that.

I say, if you're having fun and not harming anyone, then go for it. I know I'd TOTALLY do it if I could get away with it. LOL

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lulu

I must say, those masks are far better than some of the ones I've seen, which makes this person far more "attractive" in my opinion.

I don't think I'd ever wear them to the extent or in the same was as Miina but I must admit I am drawn to the masks, they seem like a gorgeous blank canvas to paint something beautiful onto.

Now what I'd love are a few of those bodysuits! for cosplay, due to the fact that I have scaring, annoying marks and unfortunately recently terrible acne (not on my face though) so some of those would be great!

A market in the UK cosplay scene for such a thing? hmmmmmmmmm

On a side note: some of her wigs are gorgeous.

Prinz

Very cute! If the masks are well made, it's really nice to look at! However, I wouldn't wear it myself since I'm a little bit "claustrophobic"...

Poofiemus

You know, looking at the site you linked, Glassjaw, I think what usually bothers me about kigurumi is the execution; I haven't liked many but I do like the ones in that article. The masks in that one have quite a bit of subtlety and dimension to them, but most of the ones I've seen are fairly flat--and as a result, usually wall-eyed and kind of creepy.

I don't think I would ever do kigurumi myself, mostly because I've never liked wearing full masks. (Which is in itself partially because I don't like wearing contacts, and full masks and glasses don't really get along!) Still, I do recognize the appeal of getting to be something different for a few hours, and of the amount of work that goes into making a good mask.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

glassjaw
I don't think I would ever do kigurumi myself, mostly because I've never liked wearing full masks. (Which is in itself partially because I don't like wearing contacts, and full masks and glasses don't really get along!) Still, I do recognize the appeal of getting to be something different for a few hours, and of the amount of work that goes into making a good mask.

Ahh, Kigurumi..so that's what they're called, Actually for me it depends well as as a raging dude with running full on Testosterone.. wouldn't mind an iron man suit.. any suit as long its kinda cool in a way..

Actually I remember seeing a couple of videos in YouTube I forgot the link but it disturbed me ever since.

RaveOfNightmares

Every time I see a kigurumi, the immortal words of Admiral Akbar burst through my head at full volume:

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

DJStarstryker
Every time I see a kigurumi, the immortal words of Admiral Akbar burst through my head at full volume:

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

Well, most ARE men. The person that the original poster put a picture of is a woman though.

I find kigurumi cosplay incredibly creepy. It has everything to do with that doll-like mask they wear. The person is moving around like a human, but they have this face that can't blink or react, just being stuck in that one expression. And it's kinda doll-like on top of it.

IMO, kigurumi is the worst kind of cosplay that exists in Japan. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see ManFaye and the male Sailor Moon with hairy legs cosplayers. At least they aren't wearing those creepy masks.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^