Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mangaemi

Legit/Official Volks Outfits?

mangaemi

So, I recently bought a outfit on ebay that stated it was an authentic volks MSD/MDD outfit... It hasn't arrived yet (nor have the outfits from the Kyoto 9 release from last week). So I'm just curious... on actual clothing, how can you tell if the outfit is an official volks piece. On the shoes I guess you can tell b/c they stamp their logo on the inside of the sole right?

Not that I'm saying I just have to have official volks clothing, but I hear their quality is pretty great - and the ebay auction I bid on was only for 30$... and it was super cute which was the main reason I got it but it doesn't come with the bag or tag (like the Tenshi no Koromo insert) - but the listing claimed it was an authentic piece.

Was just curious since yikes, some of the volks outfits go for alot of money o___o on ebay - but if they're not recent outfits where you can verify it on the volksusa or volks.co.jp website, how d'ya know for sure?

Any wisdom is appreciated!

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

shinegamix

volks clothes have tag with their logo on the inside. just like wit huumin clothes

making my triumphant return

archangeli

It can take a bit of looking, but you can still find the images of older Volks outfits on the Japanese and USA site. Even if the items aren't available for sale anymore, they don't delete the pages from their server (at least for now - let's hope they keep it this way).

If you have a photo of the auction item, some of us might be able to help you identify it.

Generally, Volks items have a little white tag sewn into the seam of the item with the VS logo in black. It's double sided (meaning the VS logo is on both sides).

On some items the tag is red (for jeans usually). The logo has only changed once (a long time ago) if I recall correctly so it's easy to identify.

The tag will only be in "bigger" items like shirt, pants, dress. Sometimes the petticoats will have the tag, sometimes not. Socks, hairbands, etc don't have a tag on them.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

mangaemi

I'll upload the image - but my Kyoto 9 clothes came in the mail...

and this will sound VERY newbie, but I wasn't expecting the MDD outfits to be... so...

BIG!

Which that's awesome! I don't know why I was just thinking 40cm would be so much smaller... silly I know, but they look so pretty!!! >______<

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

shinegamix

you should check the clothes for the tags so you know what it looks like. yes mdd is smaller but still big

making my triumphant return

mangaemi

shinegamix - so I read your post and thought "duh... I really should check the tag on my legit clothes!" <--- I totally didn't think of that.. (sometimes I'm a little slow.. XD)

unfortunately the items from ebay are not legit (Super cute and clean) but not true volks items... not too upset b/c they were really cheap price wise...

Though, now i have the nice issue of my Strawberry Pink Heart outfit having dark spots on the apron and some weird yellow stain on the pinkblouse... sooo I guess sometimes label isn't everything... XD (assuming Volks will be helpful in either replacing it or saying how to fix it... two items out of the 5 for the outfit had stains... that's kinda unsatisfactory esp since they are supposed to be new)

DJStarstryker

Volks is usually pretty good, but they've had some QC issues lately. I (and probably a lot of others in the DD community) blame the whole Saber Extra/Saber Alter v2 pre-order fiasco. Volks is having to pump out so many of them so fast, and then they're still making lots of clothes and other dolls on top. The QC issues didn't seem to happen as much before the Sabers thing.

I've never received stained clothes from Volks before though. That sucks. Hopefully they can do something about it.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

mangaemi

Yeah so I got my reply today... "Please understand that these kinds of small marks do occasionally

occur and may not always be considered defective."

Which is kinda funny - b/c the shoes I had to return them because they were flat out damaged (I mean a big crease down the side of the vinyl to me is damaged). They did offer me a refund if I wanted to ship it back and they refund it on my card.

I just am a little put off (and maybe thats due to hormones XD) - I'm sure my love for real volks outfits will come back in time when I order another one... I mean the Azalea Kimono is fine (with the exception of the notions being a little cheaply sewn on - but that I can fix)

waha
Yeah so I got my reply today... "Please understand that these kinds of small marks do occasionally occur and may not always be considered defective."

Wait, this was straight from Volks USA/International and they gave you that answer?

mangaemi

Well at the start they said: "Looking over the photos, we can see some of the spots, but we are

unsure if it would be considered defective since we do not make the

final decisions in these matters." (I sent them 6 photos, but it was on my iphone and with gray spots on white sometimes you have to see it in person. The pink blouse has some yellow almost marker stain on it - maybe a little bit smaller than half a tictac?).

But that last bit "Please understand that these kinds of small marks do occasionally occur and may not always be considered defective" is straight from Volks USA's service email. I mean they did offer to refund me my money if I ship it back, and maybe only the Japanese branches can determine what is damaged/defective.

Not saying I should be expecting the moon (or maybe a free pair of shoes... lol) - just, what is the definition of "damaged/defective" - does the outfit need to arrive at my door step on fire? lol I kid... I kid... XD