The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

juu-yuki

DD Closet and Storage (Updated April 24)

juu-yuki

UPDATE April 24, 2013

I took a study break to clean up my DD closet. All of my DD clothes and accessories were getting out of hand. My boy stuff are stored with my girl stuff.

Since my last post, I've added an extra support hook to the middle of the rod. All of the clothes were getting a little too heavy for the rob to support alone.

DSC_3190_zps09f31d86.jpg

The rob now holds the majority of my tops and outerwear. The order goes like this: jackets/coats, dresses, blouse, sweaters, cardigans, blazers, hoodies, school uniforms, and tank tops.

DSC_3191_zpsb5068214.jpg

Shoes are stored underneath.

DSC_3192_zps36f6ef00.jpg

Then bags, socks, underwear, and other stuff.

DSC_3194_zps832db641.jpg

Since the last post, I have moved my bottoms into boxes.

DSC_3196_zpsdd3bc1b4.jpg

Pants, and shorts are stored in the smaller box.

DSC_3201_zps6762a58b.jpg

Skirts and petticoats are stored in my larger box. It has 2 layers. The first has all my skirts and short dresses. The bottom layer holds all my longer dresses and petticoats.

DSC_3210_zpsa51cc6e6.jpg

I have three trays. The first holds all the bikinis, bras and panties.

DSC_3211_zps5b2ed24c.jpg

Middle tray holds all my unused coat hangers

DSC_3215_zps0ff76d73.jpg

Last tray holds all the socks, legging, tights and garters

DSC_3220_zps4687ada5.jpg

Under all those trays are my hands and some eyes.

DSC_3222_zps218bc04a.jpg

The cardboard drawer at the end carries all my ribbons, gloves, chockers and ties. The other two compartments are empty.

DSC_3224_zpsa9aaac7f.jpg

Moving away from the DD closet, I have another area for storing the accessories.

DSC_3225_zpsfc17efa7.jpg

Jewellery such as necklace, pins, earrings, and bracelets are stored here. Ribbons and hair ties are stores in another container.

DSC_3227_zps8c55a396.jpg

DSC_3229_zps5b80a86a.jpg

I have two bags. These hold all my headbands, scarfs, hats and hair accessories.

DSC_3231_zpsa7cf74d4.jpg

Moving onto my little red box. Headphones, camera, cups, glasses, and just some random stuff.

DSC_3236_zpsb4d88b4e.jpg

In the back are my instruments and mics.

DSC_3237_zps3c5ff6c0.jpg

DSC_3238_zps5146148e.jpg

Finally, I have two huge boxes full of clothes. This is where I keep my sets that I want to keep together, for example Kimonos, maid outfits, big formal dresses and cosplays.

That is it for my collection and how I store it. Let me know how you store your DD items.

====================================

Posted: August 4, 2012

I finally had time to clean out my dolly closet. Now that it is clean, I thought I would share how my girls store their clothes and shoes.

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

This is not actually a closet, it's just an empty shelf space that I had laying around. The background is just some reused wrapping paper. I will get a proper backboard later but for now, that will have to do.

It is organized by long coats/jackets, long dresses, skirts, bottoms, and tops. Below that would be where I put my girl's kimonos and under skirts. The white container holds stuff like hats and scarfs.

DSC_0160.jpg

All my girl's shoes. >v< Organized by tall boots first all the way down to the shorter ones.

Beside it, I have a tray for socks and underwear. The little blue thing holds some accessories along with extra clothes hangers. I have another storage area where I put my accessories but I will introduce that next time (its kind of messy right now).

DSC_0161-1.jpg

The rod is held up with these old hooks that I found in my garage.

DSC_0164-1.jpg

The rod itself is an old metal curtain hanger from a couple years ago. It is 2 piece of strong metal that fits into each other so you can adjust the length.

DSC_0167.jpg

Finally, these are my little plastic clothes hangers. They are the perfect size for DD clothes. Cost me about $0.4 a piece. >~<

Edited by Guest

baldylox

Wow, that is so friggin cool! An actual closet for their clothing! I wish I had something like this for mine. I really like things in order and easy to find. As it is now, all my stuff is in bags inside those large plastic containers that slide under a bed. Easy to get into but finding things is difficult.

Great idea for this setup, I'm impressed with how nice it looks and how organized it is! Even their shoes are done up super nice! I envy you.....

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Innocentsake

So many beautiful clothes & shoes *o* -Makes sure Momoko isn't looking- Hehe, this is great! Definitely gives me ideas for the future. Everything is so organized which I love

Poofiemus

Whoa, that looks awesome! Not like my DD stuff, which is kinda shoved into a drawer. ^^;

Also, do I see Angell Studio's Phoenix dress set? Been oggling that, so if I'm guessing correctly, mind if I ask how it fits?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Nekopon

Wow, great looking closet! I've been thinking about having a proper place for all my clothes but I haven't thought about how to organize them. By set or by type of clothing? This certainly helps!

Where did you get the mini clothes hangers? They're adorable!

PrettyCranium

Looks great, and is way more functional than plastic bins. Now you can actually see everything!

archangeli

I love this! It's so nice and organized!

I'd love to have a dolly closet like this - but my kitties would get into everything...

But curious - where did you get the plastic hangers from?

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Janeway

This is so cool love this idea and l like the pictures.

Semienigma

Okay I have to say, that is WIN right there. Pure Win!! Its so nicely organize and even has hangers! Okay...I need to make me one of those so everything won't just get squished to death in plastic bags!

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

juu-yuki
Wow, that is so friggin cool! An actual closet for their clothing! I wish I had something like this for mine. I really like things in order and easy to find. As it is now, all my stuff is in bags inside those large plastic containers that slide under a bed. Easy to get into but finding things is difficult.

Great idea for this setup, I'm impressed with how nice it looks and how organized it is! Even their shoes are done up super nice! I envy you.....

Billy

I was doing it the plastic tub method too before I decided to make a closet. It's always a big mess whenever I go through it. The pieces in plastic bags normally never goes back to where they came from. Underwear and socks flying everywhere

So many beautiful clothes & shoes *o* -Makes sure Momoko isn't looking- Hehe, this is great! Definitely gives me ideas for the future. Everything is so organized which I love

Glad it helped ^^. I am lucky, I don't have much clothes. Sooner or later I will have to find a bigger space and a strong rod to support all the weight. T^T

Also, do I see Angell Studio's Phoenix dress set? Been oggling that, so if I'm guessing correctly, mind if I ask how it fits?

Yes it is =)

I've only tried it on a DDS M bust but the fit is great. It should fit a DD3 just fine, maybe L bust but not a DDY.

Where did you get the mini clothes hangers? They're adorable!

Try Ebay. The ones I got are for American girl dolls.

Looks great, and is way more functional than plastic bins. Now you can actually see everything!

It feels great too, when you are going through which outfit to put on your doll. -sweep sweep-

I love this! It's so nice and organized!

I'd love to have a dolly closet like this - but my kitties would get into everything...

But curious - where did you get the plastic hangers from?

I actually have this behind a large wallscroll to prevent dust. Taiga still gets nosy sometimes but he learns not to touch my dolly things pretty quickly.

Try Ebay.

Okay I have to say, that is WIN right there. Pure Win!! Its so nicely organize and even has hangers! Okay...I need to make me one of those so everything won't just get squished to death in plastic bags!

...And take forever to find what you want/ take them out . I've been there.

Good luck with the closet.

YukiOokami

Oh my god, that is so ADORABLE. I wish I could be that organized. >w< At first, I only planned on getting one Dollfie Dream, but I think it's already increasing to two. But I may just stay with two. This makes me want to organize all of their stuff, when I get them both.

Poofiemus

Yes it is =)

I've only tried it on a DDS M bust but the fit is great. It should fit a DD3 just fine, maybe L bust but not a DDY.

Awesomesauce! I've loved that set for ages but never sprang for it because I wasn't sure how it'd fit. Nanoha would be the one to get it for sure, so I don't have to worry about shoving Agatha's big ol' DDDy booty into it. XD Thanks very much for sharing with me, enabler!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

a88_angel

This is a great idea! All of my kids clothes are just in decorative boxes but this is much nicer. Quick easy way to assess the girls' wardrobes. I have rooms for all my kids why not closets too? Thank you for the inspiration!!

Pahsmina

Oh gosh that's SO cute * _ * Now I feel bad for keeping my DD clothes in plastic boxes on my desk....

2xRYydm.png

Own- Melina - DD Rise Kujikawa, Luke Triton - MDD hybrid, Clive Dove - DD hybrid, Arianna - DD Yui Hirasawa

juu-yuki

UPDATE April 24, 2013

I took a study break to clean up my DD closet. All of my DD clothes and accessories were getting out of hand. My boy stuff are stored with my girl stuff.

Since my last post, I've added an extra support hook to the middle of the rod. All of the clothes were getting a little too heavy for the rob to support alone.

DSC_3190_zps09f31d86.jpg

The rob now holds the majority of my tops and outerwear. The order goes like this: jackets/coats, dresses, blouse, sweaters, cardigans, blazers, hoodies, school uniforms, and tank tops.

DSC_3191_zpsb5068214.jpg

Shoes are stored underneath.

DSC_3192_zps36f6ef00.jpg

Then bags, socks, underwear, and other stuff.

DSC_3194_zps832db641.jpg

Since the last post, I have moved my bottoms into boxes.

DSC_3196_zpsdd3bc1b4.jpg

Pants, and shorts are stored in the smaller box.

DSC_3201_zps6762a58b.jpg

Skirts and petticoats are stored in my larger box. It has 2 layers. The first has all my skirts and short dresses. The bottom layer holds all my longer dresses and petticoats.

DSC_3210_zpsa51cc6e6.jpg

I have three trays. The first holds all the bikinis, bras and panties.

DSC_3211_zps5b2ed24c.jpg

Middle tray holds all my unused coat hangers

DSC_3215_zps0ff76d73.jpg

Last tray holds all the socks, legging, tights and garters

DSC_3220_zps4687ada5.jpg

Under all those trays are my hands and some eyes.

DSC_3222_zps218bc04a.jpg

The cardboard drawer at the end carries all my ribbons, gloves, chockers and ties. The other two compartments are empty.

DSC_3224_zpsa9aaac7f.jpg

Moving away from the DD closet, I have another area for storing the accessories.

DSC_3225_zpsfc17efa7.jpg

Jewellery such as necklace, pins, earrings, and bracelets are stored here. Ribbons and hair ties are stores in another container.

DSC_3227_zps8c55a396.jpg

DSC_3229_zps5b80a86a.jpg

I have two bags. These hold all my headbands, scarfs, hats and hair accessories.

DSC_3231_zpsa7cf74d4.jpg

Moving onto my little red box. Headphones, camera, cups, glasses, and just some random stuff.

DSC_3236_zpsb4d88b4e.jpg

In the back are my instruments and mics.

DSC_3237_zps3c5ff6c0.jpg

DSC_3238_zps5146148e.jpg

Finally, I have two huge boxes full of clothes. This is where I keep my sets that I want to keep together, for example Kimonos, maid outfits, big formal dresses and cosplays.

That is it for my collection and how I store it. Let me know how you store your DD items.

hironohiro

Oh wow that is so neat! (pun intended) Wonder how many articles of clothing that is :o

katnaper

Awesome! Its so organized, mine is currently a mess right now. LOL. I have yet to reorganize everything and I wish I had a place to hang all their clothes. Right now I put all the default outfits in a plastic container with all their default wigs but that's about it. Must reorganize stuff soon.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Naruki

This is so awesome, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now since my dolls have a lot of clothes. It's really cool to see how you accomplished your closet area and how much neater everything looks all lined up.