Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
djgamer

Greetings from the center of the US

djgamer

Hello everyone. I'm not good at these forum intros. I'll just start by saying I stumbles across these by shear accident. I looked at them and though, "Huh, that's kinda cool." The more I thought about it, the more I wanted on. It's been a growing obsession now for over a week. I really want to get one of my one and build a character from an RPG I'm working on. She's basically me. She's a knight. There's only one problem now, VOLKS is all sold out of the body I had planned on buying. Oh well, guess that's a sign for me to save up some money.

Proud captain of two lovely squires, Kimberly and Airana

PrettyCranium

Sounds like a great project! Looks like it will be a bit of a wait for the body to be restocked, though.

djgamer

Yeah, also, thing is that I already have it in my head to find a way to craft the armor for her. I have 0 skills in toy making, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Poofiemus

Welcome! Cool project idea. I know there are resin doll fans who have made their dolls into RP characters, but I can't think of any DD owners so far off the top of my head.

For armor, I'd say look up how cosplayers do it. A lot of them use craft foam with *incredible* results, which would be lightweight enough not to hinder posing as well as relatively inexpensive. (A lot of the effect comes from good painting.) It's totally do-able though!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

djgamer

Here's a link that might be helpful:

http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

Wow, that looks great. That may just be what I do for her, thanks a bunch. Also, for those interesting in following this project, I've started a thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4315&p=68083#p68083

mangaemi

welcome welcome! hopefully we can get you on track with a body! : ) it's a lovely... and addicting hobby... XD

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

djgamer

As I am rapidly finding out. I can barely entertain thoughts of anything other than finding my girl to bring home. Now, the question is, how am I going to explain this to my girlfriend? XD

Poofiemus
As I am rapidly finding out. I can barely entertain thoughts of anything other than finding my girl to bring home. Now, the question is, how am I going to explain this to my girlfriend? XD

I'd say pitch it as a new creative outlet. You've had this character for a while, and you'd like to manifest her in a new, particularly epic way. And point out that since these dolls are so customizable, if you decide you'd rather have the doll become someone else, or even still your character but on a day off or in an alternate universe, changes to keep her fresh are a relatively simple (and fun!) thing to do.

It may also be worth trying to find a local doll meet to show that while doll owners are sometimes geeky and eccentric, it's not like we're perverted pedo-bears or antisocial weirdos who only talk to inanimate objects.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

djgamer

Well, that's both of us. XD We're both big into anime and I'm almost sure I may end up having to get her one based off Sailor Mars or another character from my RPG that was created by her that is the main character's lover. She's a rescued catgirl slave mage.