The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Error-Chan

DD to DDdy bust tutorials? (USED with photos of mine.)

Nelly19

Good that's cleared up for me I have to add a large bust from Japan on my list.

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

Pistachio

Oh this thread will be so useful for me later when I get my DDy body! I also wish the DDy busts were more natural so I'll probably be doing the same thing eventually.

N2DollsNow
Yeah, my Haruka has an M bust on a DDdyIII body, there should be no issue.

Was your M bust modified from a DD2 or DD3 bust part? I bought a DD2 L-bust cheaply recently, but I didn't want to ruin it or damage/weaken the parts of the DDdy3 body just to make it work.

Cauldroness
Yeah, my Haruka has an M bust on a DDdyIII body, there should be no issue.

Was your M bust modified from a DD2 or DD3 bust part? I bought a DD2 L-bust cheaply recently, but I didn't want to ruin it or damage/weaken the parts of the DDdy3 body just to make it work.

I used a DD2 bust part, since that's all I had at the time. I did the modifications a little less than a year ago, and I haven't had any problems with the DDdy3 body as a result. The shoulder looks slightly different, with a touch more of the joint visible (especially if you don't push the arms in tight), but nothing major.

I dug up this photo (warning: she's naaaaaaked): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/Cauldroness/Temp/HarukaNewLook01_zpsbf3dd260.jpg

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

crimsoncat

I used a DD2 bust part, since that's all I had at the time. I did the modifications a little less than a year ago, and I haven't had any problems with the DDdy3 body as a result. The shoulder looks slightly different, with a touch more of the joint visible (especially if you don't push the arms in tight), but nothing major.

I dug up this photo (warning: she's naaaaaaked): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/Cauldroness/Temp/HarukaNewLook01_zpsbf3dd260.jpg

I am very seriously contemplating modding a small DDIII bust on a DDyIII body to get even more of a pear shape. We'll see how I feel after I get my DDy girl.

How did you get the bottom line of the torso to look so smooth after you cut it? Did you just cut very carefully or did you smooth it out with a tool?

snooze_button_cat.png

Cauldroness

I think the key is using an exacto knife instead of scissors. You get much more control and a finer, cleaner cut.

I used a pencil to sketch out where I wanted the bust to end, and kept erasing and re-drawing it until I was perfectly happy with the location, curve, evenness, etc. Then I used an exacto knife to cut along the line. I think I trimmed a little lower than most people do, because I wanted as tight a fit as possible to emphasize the gentle slope of the pear shape. Then I just went back with the exacto knife and cleaned up the edges until they were as smooth as possible. The last step was just a little bit of fine sandpaper on any spots that looked rough.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cptmorgana

I am not a neat cutter at all, so after several tries of making the edge as neat as possible i tried sanding and i found it did work for me it was very fine sanding paper from tamiya and it took minimal work.

So sanding is a possibility (allthough i must admit that i bought my m bust secondhand and it seems it isn't one of the youngest which made it easier for me to try)

moonglo

So, I've got a quick question...I'm interested in putting a DDIII M bust on my incoming DDYIII Alna. Do I have to cut into the bust to make it work or can I just change out the DDYIII bust with the DDIII bust? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I only saw DDII busts being cut and I'm just still learning - newbie here.

Alna Niimi Airy Alisa Aoko Beatrice Miku Lucy Kirika KOS-MOS Neris Nia Rin Rise Saber Sakuya Sheryl Alice Akira Chihaya Makoto Mariko Marisa Melty Miki M.O.M.O Ranka Ranko DDH-06 Cirno Ilya Maria Millhiore Noumi

Oni-Chan
So, I've got a quick question...I'm interested in putting a DDIII M bust on my incoming DDYIII Alna. Do I have to cut into the bust to make it work or can I just change out the DDYIII bust with the DDIII bust? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I only saw DDII busts being cut and I'm just still learning - newbie here.

any bust, be it DDII, DD3 or DDS, needs to cut/modified if fitting it to a DY Waist/Body, as the DY Torso is much smaller Under the bust area than DD or DD Bodies

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Eustia

any bust, be it DDII, DD3 or DDS, needs to cut/modified if fitting it to a DY Waist/Body, as the DY Torso is much smaller Under the bust area than DD or DD Bodies

It doesn't -need- to be. I have two Dy girls I put regular L busts on, and it required no modification at all. But they're wearing clothes, so I'm not worried about the look of the join. It fits just fine, but may not be as aesthetically pleasing for people who want the exposed skin. I've never even looked closely since I dress all of my girls immediately.

Oni-Chan

It doesn't -need- to be. I have two Dy girls I put regular L busts on, and it required no modification at all. But they're wearing clothes, so I'm not worried about the look of the join. It fits just fine, but may not be as aesthetically pleasing for people who want the exposed skin. I've never even looked closely since I dress all of my girls immediately.

Ahh, My Apologies then, I thought I read somewhere that it was a tight fit to get a DD Part onto a DY body, thus the need to modify ^x^

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

moonglo

Thanks, everyone for the speedy replies! I guess I'll try out a L bust and see how I like it. I keep my dolls fully clothed, so as long as it looks good with clothes on, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks again!

Alna Niimi Airy Alisa Aoko Beatrice Miku Lucy Kirika KOS-MOS Neris Nia Rin Rise Saber Sakuya Sheryl Alice Akira Chihaya Makoto Mariko Marisa Melty Miki M.O.M.O Ranka Ranko DDH-06 Cirno Ilya Maria Millhiore Noumi

moonglo

Hey, hey!!! Anyone know if the DDIII bust can fit on the DDdyII body and if so, is it possible to use DDIII arms instead of the DDII arms?

Error-Chan
Hey, hey!!! Anyone know if the DDIII bust can fit on the DDdyII body and if so, is it possible to use DDIII arms instead of the DDII arms?

From what i know and DD II will not fit DD III body parts.

and for the bust its the same for the DDII busts. you will need to mod them or it will barely fit.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png