Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  

Black Wig Liner

Hey all,

I just received a couple of new wigs, and I noticed that the inside of the wigs are made with a black material. I'm not sure if the material will stain or not. I was thinking of using something on the inside to protect the head from staining, but the wigs are pretty exact to the DD head. I can't see them fitting with a silicon head protecter attached.

Any help?

Kumi

Two words: Saran Wrap

Best way to hold on saran wrap on a DD head?

Kumi

Wrap around, I presume.

It's self-adhesive and kind of sticking to everything, so what else You may need?

Don't tell me You never used this thing (or any other cling food wrap)...

Jezrah

What kind of wigs are they? Do they have any elasticity at all? I have a black Volks wig made for DDs on one of my girls, and she wears a silicone cap and a cloth cap under it. Although it fits on her head with nothing under it, it has elastic along the sides in the cap part, so it can stretch over the double wig caps as well. But if it has no give at all, like the ones for Saber and Rise, then it probably won't fit over a cap, so yeah, cling wrap. I've also heard of some having luck lining the inside of the wig cap itself with white tape, but I've never tried it personally so I can say as to the success of that method.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

I have a Volks wig that has some extra space on it when I put it on my 03 head. I bought a new wig which is a 8-9 BJD wig, and it fits, but it's not as loose as the Volks wigs are. I'll give the saran wrap a try, because honestly, that's probably the thinnest thing I'll be able to get. Keep the suggestions coming, though! ^_^

Nekopon

I think I've head someone using clear tape before, it might work out for you.

finnleo

The clear fresh wrap is unfortunately not 100% protective, it might slow down staining, but over time it might still happen.

my experiences even though with using fresh wrap as protection:

Haruhi hasnt stained eventhough her default wig has been on full time since I got her years ago.

Mashiro did not stain immediately, but probably due to the very humid summer her default wig stained after months of use.

Rise's head stained slightly after just a week, but it might be because of the much softer vinyl used with her head.

Edited by Guest

Nekopon

True. Rise's head is a staining machine enough with silicone head cap on. Stained within the month.

I don't tend to leave the wigs on my girl for long periods of time. Usually, I'll dress and wig them for a photo shoot for a small time, and then takes everything off to put her away. So, I pretty much just need a method that will keep her from staining for short periods of time.

amaris

If they are pretty snug I would suggest the saran wrap too. My friend used to use that on her dolls and didn't have stain problems.

I've put the wig on without a liner, and didn't have any staining problems, so far. I just don't like how hard it is to put on these dang wigs!