Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Keats

Got my first DD Saber Alter V2 yay!

Keats

Hey guys! My first post, I think, sorry I'm not sure if this is the right subforum to post this in.

A couple of years ago I say the pre-order for the original Saber Alter DD. I hesitated, I hesitated... (also didn't really have the money, and there was no Volks USA back then, I think), and then time made the decision for me. Later, I saw the auctions for the Maid & Casual outfits, almost got those but didn't get those because I didn't have the Saber. Another regret. Then, much later, I learn about Saber Alter Ver 2. Unbelievably, I missed that pre-order! I panicked and emailed Volks. They said wait until the end, we'll see if we have any left. So I kept emailing them and emailing them, June, July, August, September, every month I would email them for a status update. At last, about 10 days ago, I got a reply, saying that they had one left for me, so I quickly ordered it, paid it, and received it today! Yay! I also got the swimsuit and the tracking outfit. She's now proudly standing next to me. I'm really happy They upped the prices a little bit, so my total was $900 & change.

I have to say though, with all the warnings for staining, and cracks in the DDIII body, I'm pretty worried. The wig and clothes were also pretty difficult to get on, so a better manual would have been nice But ok, I managed. I will now start my quest to find Saber's other outfits, including the original Saber Alter one.

It's funny how they grow on you, like babies. It's probably because you have to do everything for them, dress them, tie shoes etc etc. At first, I thought it would be like a figure, of which I have many, but I now realise that I stepped into a completely different world. It's a matter of time before I will start buying more outfits & clothes. I will needs hands, bodystockings, shoes, pants, everything! God help me and my wallet. Maybe I should've gotten Saber Nero as well? Who knows. Anyway, thanks for reading, just wanted to share!

shinegamix

welcome. and yes i am already used to having an empty wallet

making my triumphant return

Misheru

Yep, welcome to the madness.

Get used to being broke, but happy.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Keats

Yessssss when's the KOS-MOS pre-order?

Hypercurve

Congrats and welcome!!! Alter is one of the loveliest DD sculpts

It's a very addictive and expensive hobby. I'm used to being broke all the time, and my wallet tries to crawl away from me every time I reach for it!!!

Keats

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Just as a side-question... has Saber Alter's first outfit ever been released as just the set of clothes?

Thanks!

bethykins

Just as a side-question... has Saber Alter's first outfit ever been released as just the set of clothes?

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, outfits that come with dolls originally are only ever sold with that doll at release

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

Keats

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, outfits that come with dolls originally are only ever sold with that doll at release

Thanks! Too bad for me then Might get a KOS-MOS to actually trade for a Saber Alter 1st...

I noticed that Volks has these October Costumes... there's a few I like, but how do I order them? Through the volks.jp or volksusa website? I get the feeling that the volksusa webstore doesn't list everything...

Keats

Hmmm I had her wear her outfit for maybe 2 hours, just removed it, and now there is some staining around her neck and her behind. She does look lovely in the outfit, but I would rather have her wear something simpeler.

I also took the opportunity to really look at her, in the end, it's just a doll.. there's many gaps/ill fitting pieces when you turn them, and she doesn't have as many freedoms as a human. So what's really really special about it to warrant the price, except for the head, eyes, wig & clothes?

Being a guy, I'd love to have an animated one someday... but..

RaveOfNightmares

Thanks!

Thanks! Too bad for me then Might get a KOS-MOS to actually trade for a Saber Alter 1st...

I noticed that Volks has these October Costumes... there's a few I like, but how do I order them? Through the volks.jp or volksusa website? I get the feeling that the volksusa webstore doesn't list everything...

Welcome to the fun zone!

The October stuff will first be sold through the volks.jp website, followed by the volksusa webstore a couple or few months later. I usually try to get some stuff through the jp site, then try to get the things I was unable to get originally from the USA site when it's put up on there.

Hmmm I had her wear her outfit for maybe 2 hours, just removed it, and now there is some staining around her neck and her behind. She does look lovely in the outfit, but I would rather have her wear something simpeler.

I also took the opportunity to really look at her, in the end, it's just a doll.. there's many gaps/ill fitting pieces when you turn them, and she doesn't have as many freedoms as a human. So what's really really special about it to warrant the price, except for the head, eyes, wig & clothes?

Being a guy, I'd love to have an animated one someday... but..

For all the dark/black of Alter 2nd's outfit, it's nice that only 1 or 2 pieces stain much at all, the underwear only staining at the side seams. This is astonishing to me, especially after the staining nightmare that is the original "Saber's Maid Set", which is notorious for being a horrible stain maker. My Mari has quite bad stains from that maid set, including some very dark black stains on her arms from the sleeve cuff threads.

The thing that really makes them special is what you put into it. From the clothing and hair, to the hands and eyes, to any other customizations you make, to that little voice inside that speaks to you when you look into her eyes, almost as if she's actually talking to you. Each and everything you do makes them special, the price is something that can only be justified by you if you determine it to be right for you.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Keats

The thing that really makes them special is what you put into it. From the clothing and hair, to the hands and eyes, to any other customizations you make, to that little voice inside that speaks to you when you look into her eyes, almost as if she's actually talking to you. Each and everything you do makes them special, the price is something that can only be justified by you if you determine it to be right for you.

Well said, those words are really true.

Thanks for all the advice! The stuff on volks.jp seems quite expensive, I'll have to think about it a little bit. Is their quality much much better than what you can buy from other shops? Looks like a nice pair of boots is like $50, and about $100 for a simple outfit...

Poofiemus

Part of that is quality, part is brand name, and part is the crap exchange rate. Volks is kinda one of the "designer" names in the doll clothes sphere (Dollheart and to some extent Soom also come to mind), so they do milk their brand power to some extent. Their stuff is quite well made though (save for their occasional staining oversight), much nicer than most of the stuff I have for myself actually. Top that off with getting only 78 yen to a dollar lately, and you get prices where many of us tend to pick and choose outfits we *really* love to go after. There are other places with cute stuff for less if you hunt a bit.

Congrats on your first girl, by the way!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Keats
Part of that is quality, part is brand name, and part is the crap exchange rate. Volks is kinda one of the "designer" names in the doll clothes sphere (Dollheart and to some extent Soom also come to mind), so they do milk their brand power to some extent. Their stuff is quite well made though (save for their occasional staining oversight), much nicer than most of the stuff I have for myself actually. Top that off with getting only 78 yen to a dollar lately, and you get prices where many of us tend to pick and choose outfits we *really* love to go after. There are other places with cute stuff for less if you hunt a bit.

Thanks, yea I was kind of looking online... most cute outfits go for around $100.

I saw this one that I really like, but.. noname from China for $120? Too much, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Cosplay-Gothic-Dress-Set-fits-Volks-SD-DD-DDS-Dollfie-Dream-M-Bust-/261114294162?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item3ccb9fef92

I saw a few other cute ones, but it's difficult! I will look around more! Saber Alter is pretty pale, so my guess is that high-contrast outfits suit her better.

RaveOfNightmares

Thanks, yea I was kind of looking online... most cute outfits go for around $100.

I saw this one that I really like, but.. noname from China for $120? Too much, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Cosplay-Gothic-Dress-Set-fits-Volks-SD-DD-DDS-Dollfie-Dream-M-Bust-/261114294162?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item3ccb9fef92

I saw a few other cute ones, but it's difficult! I will look around more! Saber Alter is pretty pale, so my guess is that high-contrast outfits suit her better.

That outfit you linked looks to be well made at least in the pictures, and considering that it's a fully lined, full outfit with shoes, $120 doesn't seem to be a bad price for all of it. Who knows if the actual quality is as good as the pictures though.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Keats

That outfit you linked looks to be well made at least in the pictures, and considering that it's a fully lined, full outfit with shoes, $120 doesn't seem to be a bad price for all of it. Who knows if the actual quality is as good as the pictures though.

Thanks, yea I'm considering it! It looks at though most of the clothes are not really tight fitting... which is what I would like to see, of course

RaveOfNightmares
Thanks, yea I'm considering it! It looks at though most of the clothes are not really tight fitting... which is what I would like to see, of course

The only real place that has truly tight fitting clothing made for DDs is at http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/home.phtml.

Keats

The only real place that has truly tight fitting clothing made for DDs is at http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/home.phtml.

Thanks, yea that's useful!

Would the bunny outfit for a DDS fit my DD? It's this one:

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=rab3_6

There's one for a DD with a L bust, but I don't want it to be too big...

Thanks!

smallricochet

Maybe just get SD size from ebay then, perhaps?