Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nelly19

Wig styling advice

Nelly19

How do people get such awesome looking wigs? I know you can cut and restyle heat resistant wigs, and I have seen the regular scissors and the thinning scissors but how do you use them and what effects to they give? Coolcat sells them both but I don't never stand what the thinning scissors does, this can help me restyle my dolls wig when it comes. Are there any tutorials I can look at to get a better understanding? Thanks!

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

DivinitaAria

I can take a picture tomorrow that shows a comparison of using thinning shears and regular shears on hair

But a tip would be not to cut the fibers horizontally, as it'll result in a blunt, awkward and unnatural look. Using regular shears to snip the ends of the fibers vertically results in a more natural look. Thinning shears (cut with the serrated edge on top) won't cut all the fibers you put in between the blades, it'll cut just a few here and there and it'll result in a natural look and will thin out fibers.

Also, for heat resistant wigs, using a hair straightener on a low setting will really really smooth out the fibers. I have a new cosplay wig I've been styling and I'll show a comparison

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Nelly19

Thank you that would be a big help

Learning that its safe outside my shell too