Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kaylynh1

severe damage on ddII body, any hope?

kaylynh1

so my friend got a second hand ddII body and when she got it the neck piece was replaced by a piece of plastic on a ball joint. It also had the terrible but common mishap of snapping at the waist joint when she tried to bend her, thankfully she got ALL her money back because the previous owner said it was the post offices fault (yea we dont believe that really but hey whats done is done) well for awhile we had her put together so she could work but a couple nights ago EVERYTHING whent to hell, the neck piece broke (wich hey we figured we could get a cool cat piece), and then we tried taking her apart to see what was broken in the neck which ended up in a shredded torso TTnTT (nomatter what we tried we couldnt get the waist piece fixed so she finally decided she would just glue the chest to the lower body, wich was fine since she wasnt selling it and technically got it for free) long story short the glue spread pretty far in some places and we just werent able to pull it free so we cut off the chest vinyl.

so THEN we decide to see if there was any more damage to the skeleton. we got the legs off and after we took of the vinyl calves the skeletal piece underneath snapped off! trust me there was no rough housing, my friend had gently bent the piece down just like normal. This breakage is what bothered me the most honestly, I think its behind the help of 2part epoxy and the like

So in one night we had a doll break in 3 spots!

My friends pretty hopeless right now but i think theres ways to turn this around, right now these are the good parts of the body:

8260506112_4fd3f897ce.jpg

broken parts:

8260512306_69690edb17.jpg

original photos belong to mitsuki, I will take pictures of the damage as soon as i can

i dont know if anyones ever bought dd3 pieces and fitted them to a dd2 but thats kind of what i want to do, at least for the lower body since thats got the most damage. (looking to get the lower abdomen with skeleton and perhaps the legs too)

Also does anyone have a spare left leg? lol no im serious I could try getting new legs but i would have to buy a whole new set (thighs AND calves) and that just seems like leg over kill. I'm determined to salvage this girl!!!

At home: Carrie (kos-mos), Mia (miku),Bjd's: Creator (soom sard), riley (bobobie Apollo mod), Quinn (feeple 60 Chloe mod), Chloe (leekeworld tan mickhaila)

Eventually: rise kujikawa, saber extra, mariko, alisa

waha

As far as I know, no DD3 pieces will fit the DD2 body.

kaylynh1

is there any pictures fo the dd3 skeleton?

At home: Carrie (kos-mos), Mia (miku),Bjd's: Creator (soom sard), riley (bobobie Apollo mod), Quinn (feeple 60 Chloe mod), Chloe (leekeworld tan mickhaila)

archangeli

Depending on the way the neck part is broken, it could be replaced with a metal neck joint from coolcat

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=dp-04&Category=382741

I'd need to see photos of the rest of the damage before offering any advice o.o

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

archangeli

is there any pictures fo the dd3 skeleton?

The feet do

I bought an odd DD2 body that was missing parts, including the foot armature. I bought a pair of DDS/ DD3 feet (I don't remember which, but they are interchangeable too) from Volks thinking if I needed to make minor modifications to the foot joint or leg shaft I could do that, but the feet fit on perfectly. They come off with no more or less effort than a regular pair of DD2 would.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

waha
The feet do

I bought an odd DD2 body that was missing parts, including the foot armature. I bought a pair of DDS/ DD3 feet (I don't remember which, but they are interchangeable too) from Volks thinking if I needed to make minor modifications to the foot joint or leg shaft I could do that, but the feet fit on perfectly. They come off with no more or less effort than a regular pair of DD2 would.

That's good to know. Wonder if the same stands true for MDD/MDD3 feet? Must research!

Jezrah
The feet do

That's good to know. Wonder if the same stands true for MDD/MDD3 feet? Must research!

As far as I can tell, they are not interchangeable. If you pull off the original MDD foot, you have a foot with a long skinny shaft coming out. But the MDDIII foot has the cup-like part coming out (like a DDIII/DDS) that then slides on to the internal shin rod. So in one, the shin is included in the ankle, and in the other, it's a separate piece that slides in to the ankle and knee parts. (I don't know if I'm describing it well.) Even if you cut the shin part off on the first MDD, I'm not sure the rod is the same width; it would have to be measured maybe.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Bellatrix

You can buy a neck joint on coolcat, and buy a very heavily damaged old DD2 body to get pieces to change to this one of yours.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

kaylynh1
You can buy a neck joint on coolcat, and buy a very heavily damaged old DD2 body to get pieces to change to this one of yours.

do you know where anyone is selling damaged dolls?

Aronzo96

Are you a member of any other doll forums? If there aren't any in the marketplace here, sometimes I see broken dolls show up on Den of Angels for cheap, and they do allow sales of DDs there (even though it's primarily a resin BJD forum)

shinegamix

the feet are the only thing that are interchangeable. they had to do that because of the booted outfit (think sabers nanoha/fate...) the rest is all dd2 or dd3 only

making my triumphant return