Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

My girls at Animazement!

baldylox

Two weeks ago I went to an anime convention in Raleigh NC called Animazement. While I've been to lots of DragonCons in Atlanta, this is the first one that was all anime centric. So it was really cool going.

I also met up with some good friends there who also own Dollfies. We all brought a bunch of our girls to meetup and have some fun!

I brought Rei, Mai and Ryomou. Of course, Ryomou got the most attention from me since she's so new. But I still got some cool pics of my other girls too.

What we all did was carry the girls around with us all day, a different girl each day. The first day, Friday, was Rei. I was praying on seeing someone cosplaying as her and then after a few hours, lo and behold, I found one! She was really good too!

5775847469_8b87c6c837_z.jpg

Love those eyes. Too bad my Rei was hiding her face behind her kitty hands! Silly girl!

Our hotel was right across the street from the convention center so we could easily see our room from the front of the center. This gave us an idea....

5775919893_e2e9064ef9_z.jpg

Whoo hoo! You could see all our girls in the window easily! But wait, what the heck is Mai doing over on the far right??

Here is a horribly blurry shot of them at night.

5776468720_5aa3137a81_z.jpg

Saturday morning was Ryomou's turn to go out so Rei and Mai stayed in the hotel room watching for us and looking at cosplayers. Mai was counting Narutards all day.

5776494092_9c2b319360_z.jpg

I liked this shot of Rei and her reflection:

5776629312_583f40763a_z.jpg

Later in the day, I got to meet up with the most awesome girl ever....

A Ryomou cosplayer!! She was sooooo nice! And she loved my Ryomou!

5776549050_7c70f795a2_z.jpg

She and her friend were cosplaying Ikki Tousen girls and were really happy I had my DD with me. They had seen them in pictures but never in person. So they were both happy to take pics with my girl!

5776555678_2e3b221d15_z.jpg

And of course, my inner fangirl was all a twitter so I *had* to get my picture with Ryomou! Look how freaked out I look! I was so nervous!

5776567866_6392eb9891_z.jpg

So after all that, I was done for the weekend! Ha ha! Nah I'm kidding. Later we went back to the room and I picked up Mai. So we headed back out and then sat down to watch people go by in costumes. The Dollfies drew a crowd wherever we went too, people stopped to ask about them, take pics of them... it was really cool.

Here is Mai and Ryomou hanging out after signing some autographs.

5776592650_0dcfa4d94e_z.jpg

A closeup of Mai:

5776064667_ecdb2f130a_z.jpg

After all that, we went back to the room to settle down and go grab supper. We left the girls in the room for this so they all piled into the window again to watch the crowds across the street.

5776618082_df08274d80_z.jpg

After supper we wanted to go out and take pics of our girls out on the streets. There were some really cool areas around the hotel so we headed outside armed with cameras and Dollfies! here I am holding Ed's Saber Lily and Ryomou. Saber is looking at me like "Who the hell is this guy? That's not MY Papa!"

5776912408_09615cfb37_z.jpg

There were some neat lights out in front of the place that resembled cages. Of course, Ryomou wanted to do some dancing so she hopped right in!

5776381929_1c4c73d7cc_z.jpg

Across the block were some huge light towers that changed colors and had some neat leaf effects on them. Here are some shots of Ryomou in front of them.

5776387271_56f778cf70_z.jpg

5776406919_903952e06b_z.jpg

5776989304_fe9e7e125a_z.jpg

Even tho in this shot Ryomou is out of focus, you can see what the entire light tower looked like. These are in downtown Raleigh in the City Square.

5776450973_73602905d9_z.jpg

And now the light fountain. Damn this thing all to hell...

It was really cool looking and all tho.

5776457533_54582f4d5c_z.jpg

Here is where things went bad. See the little guy on her left? he was handcuffed to her. He is a friends resin doll.

5776463983_0cc509a73c_z.jpg

Just as I was taking that picture, a nice gust of wind blew thru and toppled Ryomou over backwards.

Into the fountain.

Dragging the resin boy along with her.

We were NOT happy.

Thank goodness the thing was like 2 inches deep and that was it. Ryomous wig came off, her eyepatch fell off and she got wet all across her back. Other than that, no problems. The little resin guy had his wig come off and he got a tiny nick on top of his head that isnt easily noticeable.

So not cool. Needless to say, we left the fountain area after that!

But thats when we found the LIGHT WALL!!!

There were two of these near the square and one was right by the hotel we were in. It was always mobbed with cosplayers. This one however was always empty so we took over it for a while.

5777018440_1923c0ed68_z.jpg

5776480707_2a39f469b7_z.jpg

5776509363_0dc76de004_z.jpg

The lights kept changing patterns and colors and it was really nice to see. So with all that going on, the girls decided to do some dancing...

POLE DANCING!

5777093344_6fbe9ea1b9_z.jpg

Pole dancing with Saber:

5777087670_ca0710d063_z.jpg

After pole dancing, Ryomou needed a rest. Good thing too because the lights went into some odd pattern of just flickering on and off. Odd looking.

5776590143_fd8aafb635_z.jpg

Shortly after that tho, the wall went nuts!

5777190824_59f90734cc_z.jpg

5776659835_4c66890fbd_z.jpg

Very cool stuff.

After all that we headed back into the hotel to chill out. Here are the girls and Kou in the lobby. GAWD that couch is awful!

5777415676_330a065e33_z.jpg

Feeling bad after the resin boy got injured, all the girls got together and decided to try and make him feel better. What better way than to have a party....

A SEXY PARTY!!

5776903377_0a41bf5580_z.jpg

Pimpin fo sho!

But as always happens at big parties, someone got drunk:

5776850335_9208c08aba_z.jpg

And then got nekkid:

5776865495_a9ca248960_z.jpg

Ryomou being the enforcer she is, went after poor Miu:

5776855813_b07f09db2f_z.jpg

And so ended the convention. We all had a great time and I plan to go back again next year!

Hope yall enjoyed the pics!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

otakusan

it's the 2nd time I see these pictures and I still can't stop laughing at them.. It looked like such an awesome time I wish we had events like this near by..

OtakuDepot

Really great shots, it looks like you guys had a ton of fun. It was great finding the Ryomou cosplayer there while you had DD Ryomou with you.

I love the shots of the girls pole dancing - very cool lighting effects. I felt the urge to tip them a dollar for some reason.

Glad to hear Ryomou wasn't hurt by her fall, felt sorry for the resin head kid though. Trying to impress a hot girl and he ends up falling in the water. hehe

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

scripple

Looks like you had a lot of fun. All the lights reminds me a little of Vegas, as does the behavior of all the girls. Saber needs to work on her pole dancing moves though, she looks a little stiff in that picture.

Too bad about the dive in the fountain, fortunately no serious damage was done, but I'd be pretty upset if I had a resin doll get chipped, even under the wig. But I guess it's about the best place for it to happen.

mitsuki

Those photos are awesome! There is nothing like DD and lots of colored lights and poles...

Resin boy's name is Kouichi, right? He looks like he had fun despite being injured. Littlebearries Kudo needs to be kept away from Mountain Dew also. Look what it did to Miu!

baldylox

Thanks everyone! We had a really great time there! If you want to see more of the con itself and lots of cosplay, check here:

Animazement 2011

The fountain sucked but it wasnt so bad really. Ryomou was totally undamaged. Kouichi had a TINY chip on his head but its hardly noticeable. So no real harm done. His parent wasn't too mad about it.

And yes, no Mt. Dew for Dollfies! It's evil juice!

Billy

MaxArcher

Haha, must've been fun doing all those pictures. I brought Beato to Fanime with me, and then never ended up having time to take her out. AX will be a different story though.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

Averis

Wow, that looked like a lot of fun. I woulda been really worried someone would have tried to break into the hotel room seeing all those DDs in the window, but I'm the worrying type. The fountain incident sucks, of course. I'm glad there was no major damage. I could only imagine how you felt when it happened.

The party at the end is just classic, though. Looks like they all had a good time.

littlebearries

Hmm, yes, yes... seems like a typical anime con XD

It looks like it was a lot of fun!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Strife212
Just as I was taking that picture, a nice gust of wind blew thru and toppled Ryomou over backwards.

Into the fountain.

Dragging the resin boy along with her.

We were NOT happy.

>_<

Just reading that made me feel bad! I'm glad nothing was too damaged.

Looks fun otherwise though, it's cool that you got cosplayers to pose with your girls.

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

baldylox

Thanks again for all the nice comments!

We actually saw a Beatrice cosplayer there in full dress! She had on the default outfit and was looking good. We also saw someones Beato DD but she was not in her default set. Still very pretty in person.

The fountain sucked and yes, my heart skipped a beat. But I stayed unually calm during the incident. Maybe I was in shock...

Having cosplayers pose with my girls was SO cool! I was really hoping to find people and was so happy when I did! Best part of the whole event to me, especially Ryomou.

Billy