The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DivinitaAria

Best substance to repair a broken skeleton piece?

DivinitaAria

Hello all,

I have a DDII body that suffered from a loose washer and screw within the thigh piece. I took apart the leg, managed to get the upper thigh piece out of the vinyl shell, screwed the thigh to the lower leg and then I tried to push and pull the skeleton back through the knee, which was difficult. I got advice from a friend (tsunamidelta) to take apart the knee and it'll make it easier to push the skeleton through the knee. Well, me being stupid tried reassembling the piece a couple more times before taking off the knee resulting in the shin skeleton to snap (like a twig...surprised that hasn't snapped when I took off the shin shell). Tsunami's advice was a life saver though. If only I listened earlier, the leg would be fixed!

My question is, what's the best glue/substance to repair this break?

Legbroke_zps1e9be62f.jpg

Rise - Rise // Rise #2 - Rise // Ritsuko - 2B // Momo - M.O.M.O. // Nayuki -Mikuru // Romi - 09 // Makoto - Sailor Jupiter // Mikasa - DD07 (WIP)
Wishlist: DDH-25 for custom Akechi 🥰

shinegamix

epoxy glue

making my triumphant return

baldylox

Yep, epoxy is the best for this repair. I've repaired many DD skeleton pieces using this:

http://www.permatex.com/products/product-categories/adhesives-sealants/epoxies/permatex--permapoxy--5-minute-plastic-weld-detail

It works likes a champ as long as you follow the directions and let it dry for 4-6 hours.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DivinitaAria

Thanks for the advice and link! I think I'm going outside of campus for once and hopefully I can pick up that product. I'd like to have this body working again!

Rise - Rise // Rise #2 - Rise // Ritsuko - 2B // Momo - M.O.M.O. // Nayuki -Mikuru // Romi - 09 // Makoto - Sailor Jupiter // Mikasa - DD07 (WIP)
Wishlist: DDH-25 for custom Akechi 🥰