Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DivinitaAria

Animetic Eye Questions

DivinitaAria

Hello all, I'm in need of some new eyes for my dolls.

I was wondering, and note I have no idea how the eye making process goes, if glass animetic eyes exist?

Better question is if anyone has any prefer shops on Taobao to get eyes? I found one, but I'm not completely sure about the eyes.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Cauldroness

I've never seen animetic eyes made out of glass. My impression was that the process for making glass eyes only produces round-ish shapes, because you spin the glass as you heat it. However, there are urethane eyes that could be made in any shape, but I've never seen animetic eyes made of out those urethane, either. Good urethane eyes in the 20mm-24mm range would likely cost $60 or more.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Minnake

I suppose I can make use of this same thread... (・_・ヾ

Has anyone seen animetic eyes in brown color?

Not like the apricot color from Volks, but something darker and actually brown. I just can't seem to find any brown animetic eyes, does any even exist or do I have to order custom ones of something? (・ヘ・)

If I can be picky, the ideal would be something like chocolate brown, with a tiny hint of red shade. xD

Probably I'm too picky... :D

Any good custom eye makers to suggest? (´∀`)

// Edit: Thanks to Anouc I was introduced to a Twin Snow limited ones that had nice reddish brown color.

These, to be exact: Clicky

I don't suppose I'm able to make over 100$ order to Twin Snow to get those beatiful limited eyes... :D So all information about similar colored ones is welcome! Twin Snow had some other briwnish eyes too, but they didn't have the red shade with them.. Or they were completely red!

Edited by Guest

Minnake

Hmmm yeah, maybe those would do too! :D At least they look better than the Apricot color ones... ^_^'

So they are from Volks? Thanks for sharing! Maybe I can consider those if I can't find anything better. :D

*goes back to look at eyes on Volks site*

Poofiemus

You know, I have to wonder. . . It may be possible to make animetic eyes out of Dichroic glass rather than the blown glass you usually see doll eyes made of. This stuff is made by layering the dichroic stuff in thin sheets and then fusing it in a kiln, rather than the molten work traditional glass is made with. You'd end up with the most insanely sparkly eyes ever, though! They'd also come out flat-backed instead of full round, but that's pretty typical with acrylic and resin animetics anyway.

If you don't feel like tracking down a dichroic glass artist and annoying the snot out of them, there's the Pupa Paradise D.Eye.Y bases. They're acrylic, and each eyeball comes in two parts: a white and a clear lens. You either paint or glue a print of your iris design directly onto the lens, let it dry, and pop the lens into the white. Both my girls have eyes on these bases.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

DivinitaAria
You know, I have to wonder. . . It may be possible to make animetic eyes out of Dichroic glass rather than the blown glass you usually see doll eyes made of. This stuff is made by layering the dichroic stuff in thin sheets and then fusing it in a kiln, rather than the molten work traditional glass is made with. You'd end up with the most insanely sparkly eyes ever, though! They'd also come out flat-backed instead of full round, but that's pretty typical with acrylic and resin animetics anyway.

If you don't feel like tracking down a dichroic glass artist and annoying the snot out of them, there's the Pupa Paradise D.Eye.Y bases. They're acrylic, and each eyeball comes in two parts: a white and a clear lens. You either paint or glue a print of your iris design directly onto the lens, let it dry, and pop the lens into the white. Both my girls have eyes on these bases.

I like this idea Thanks for the link because I think these would be a nice investment and completely one of a kind!

Also, regarding brown eyes, Twin Snow has a pair that looks brown, but they may have a tiny bit of apricot My monitor compared to my phone's screen yield very different colors though, so it may actually be more reddish

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Minnake

That is a nice option to know, that I could do them myself. o3o Maybe someday I'll try! But at the moment I don't think that I have enough skills to design the eyes myself! xD

I'm starting to lean towards those Twin Snow eyes. All of them look so pretty in owner pictures!

Sadly my favorite pair is limited, but I found another pair too that could work, so I'll probably try to order them for starters. ^__^ (Or my starters where those Volks Apricot ones... But seconds!)

And I can hope that I could get those limited brown ones too someday, they are so pretty and perfect! ;_;

Thank you all, you are so helpful!

Ofc if someone still comes up with some brown eyes, do link them!

This is rather interesting why there is so little brown ones. o3o

And maybe someday my future girl can have the perfect pair of brown eyes. x)