Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Sayomi

ONDORMI?

Sayomi

Do you know another dolls made of vinyl?

like Ondormi? http://ondormi.com

Thay have great heads and bodies which can be hybrid with DD

What are u think about them?

owned: Tibi - DDH03 || Miryoku - DDH06 || Ayame - DDH07 || Pyza - DDH10 || Saya - DDH09 || 2x obitsu (Misuzu , mizusu, Aoi ^___^ my sweet girls

Nakitaninja

They seem fine. From what it says on the website they are not vinyl? It seems they are "regular" BJDs meaning they are made of resin and are internally strung. they seem really similar to the DDs in form though. I'm not certain how you would hyribs them with a DD since DDs use an internal skeleton. I love the eye mechanism (much like Unoa) and I think they are really cute!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though you can buy the dolls, part, etc so I dunno if they are out of business or just not making the dolls atm. I really like Volks because they are established and I can get parts and whatnot if I need them. I love Volks because when you buy them you are, generally, buying something that is well made and really high quality.

I couldn't see how much these ones cost but I don't think I would be willing to pay as much as I would for a Volks doll without knowing more about the quality & the company (i.e. where they are made).

Really neat website tho'. Thanks for sharing!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Sayomi

hmmm it seems that they really are made of rasin ouuu and they cost 350-400$

owned: Tibi - DDH03 || Miryoku - DDH06 || Ayame - DDH07 || Pyza - DDH10 || Saya - DDH09 || 2x obitsu (Misuzu , mizusu, Aoi ^___^ my sweet girls

Lizik-chan

I bought the Ondormi doll when the site was still up. And Nakitaninja is absolutely right these are made from Resin not Vinyl and are strung like BJD dolls. Besides their scale is 1/4 so they won't be compatible with regular DD at all.

However their body is one of the most pleasant bodies in the scale of ¼ and they are cute. Though I get rid of the eyes-moving mechanism I was so excited about at first. Either due to my lack of skill or to the construction matters Ondormi eyes gets distorted all the time when I try to put the wig on. Their make-up is rather plain so I still have plans remaking it to be more like DD make-up. But I’m both left-handed so I don’t know where to start.

I’ll make some comparison shots of DD and Ondormi for anyone who could be interested today’s evening when I’m back from work.

Milk
I’ll make some comparison shots of DD and Ondormi for anyone who could be interested today’s evening when I’m back from work.

I'd definitely like to see some. So, if you find the time please share with us.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Lizik-chan

So I'm back and here goes the pictures. I'm really sorry for the quality and the loose background but currently I don't have neither special doll photo-place with proper light nor good enough camera. So the pictures are... well let me say poor (as I don't want to be banned from this awesome place for swearing).

First of all take a look at the scale comparison:

IMG_0242_exposure.JPG

My Ondormi - Miri - is in the middle, left - Mayko (Asahina Mikuru Azone 50cm), right - Haru (DD Haruhi Suzumiya)

Next goes some Ondormi anatomy:

IMG_0215_exposure.JPGIMG_0213_exposure.JPG

Back of Miri head with eyes moving mechanism and the hole in her wig which supposed to be used for it adjustment. But from my own experience I can say that the wig is rather tight and it's hard to make everything in place. And while doing so Miri makes some scary faces and rolls her eyes

Approximately like this (the range of the movement is left-down-right and straight but it almost impossible to make her look up):

IMG_0225_exposure.JPGIMG_0223_exposure.JPG

And now the scary inner secrets - the eyes moving device:

IMG_0227_exposure.JPG

As you can see because of the construction she can take only round eyes with "stems"

IMG_0228_exposure.JPG

Eyelids you can see on her faceplate can be adjusted down manually to make her a sleepy face like this:

IMG_0232_exposure.JPG

Some more things I would like to add for those interested in BJD. First of all she supposed to have eyelashes but these were attached so poor they came off while the doll was transported to me. Second her make-up seems to be poorly coated. Her lower lip was partially rubbed of when I got her already. Overall I think she need pro repainting to show all her potential to the public. From the other hand her body is one of the greatest bodies in that scale. Poseable, tightly strung and with beautiful proportions. Next all regular wigs don't have holes for some strange devices. So trying to put some regular wig on her is rather frustrating and time consuming event at least for me. And finally Ondormi is banned at DOA due to their maniac "real BJD" doll criteria. So it's hard to find any mentions about her in the community.

Despite all minuses I like this doll. I suppose she could have had some great potential. I'm pretty sure kind caring hands and good photography would make her very appealing to the public. Just like a Blythe doll she needs her "This is Ondormi" photo series to be promoted.

My plans for Miri are to get rid of eyes mechanism so that I can use other wigs for her. Find her some animetic eyes in scale (16mm are needed) and find the proper artist to redo her make-up. I guess in that case Blythe and Pullip customisers would be even more proper than BJD artists. But I'm not familiar with these dolls hobby scene so I'm not sure whom and where to apply for a face-up.

wow... Hope this post will be as helpful as it is long post

IMG_0244_exposure.JPG

Miri: Have you both heard - I'm still cool though I can't count for you your gigantic stupid DD lady

Haru: Nah... sorry but you can't

Mayko: Ah... Eh... Thanks for reading everybody... Ermmm (whispering - girls don't you both quarrel in public)

Milk

Thank you for sharing. Her head and eye mechanism really does remind me of a Blythe or Pullip. But her body seems to be double-joined..? At least her arms look like it.

And finally Ondormi is banned at DOA due to their maniac "real BJD" doll criteria. So it's hard to find any mentions about her in the community.

I don't understand that. Why are they not considered as a real BJD? They're strung and all.

My plans for Miri are to get rid of eyes mechanism so that I can use other wigs for her. Find her some animetic eyes in scale (16mm are needed) and find the proper artist to redo her make-up. I guess in that case Blythe and Pullip customisers would be even more proper than BJD artists. But I'm not familiar with these dolls hobby scene so I'm not sure whom and where to apply for a face-up.

Unfortunately I only know two Pullip customiser: Requiemart and Miema. They're both really good. Though I'm not sure how often Requiemart does commissions, neither do I know if they're also open for commissions other than Pullips.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

OtakuDepot

Thanks for the info Lizik-chan, very interesting. It reminded me of a post I saw a long time ago on a Japanese site. It seemed to be a guy showing off a similar mechanism he made for his Super Dollfie.

You couldn't change the eye direction from behind the head but it was on a pivot of some type that moved both eyes at the same time. It looked like you could gently touch the eye and move it left or right, I don't remember if it went up and down as well. Unfortunately I didn't save the page.

I've wondered if anybody has tried doing something similar with a DD before?

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Sayomi

Thank You for photos and discription! Ondormi is so slim as 1/4 she have a teenage body. Face could be make-up'ed in anime style. Her skin is so orange O___o the eye mechanism is really interesting :>

Lizik-chan
It reminded me of a post I saw a long time ago on a Japanese site. It seemed to be a guy showing off a similar mechanism he made for his Super Dollfie.

You couldn't change the eye direction from behind the head but it was on a pivot of some type that moved both eyes at the same time. It looked like you could gently touch the eye and move it left or right, I don't remember if it went up and down as well. Unfortunately I didn't save the page.

I've found something like this at YJ - here

neichi_ia-img428x600-1253664869qhexbe52659.jpg

Seller's original site is called Earhart's rubbish factory. Had to say that mostly they have adult stuff I don't like at all.

OtakuDepot
Seller's original site is called Earhart's rubbish factory. Had to say that mostly they have adult stuff I don't like at all.

That's very interesting, thanks for the link. It's a bit different than what I remembered but it's the same idea. I was a bit surprised to see the page with "adult" modifications to dolls, that was a bit too graphic for my tastes. haha

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Nakitaninja

Of course curiosity got the better of me, although I sincerely wish now it hadn't.

O_o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; + *gag* = "adult" modifications

It's cool to play with your dolls.....

just don't play with your dolls.

or whatever- but I don't wanna know about it! lol

Time to go bleach my brain, brb.

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

PlasticFantastic

Omg dolls with pubic hair! 0_0

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!