Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Nakitaninja

World of Warcraft?

Nakitaninja

I'm a casual WoW player. Just curious if anyone around these parts played?

Alliance/Druid... though I started on the Horde side so I am kind a "new" alliance player. ^^

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

littlebearries

I do! Alliance Hunter XD

I'm on Runetotem... I believe... although I have a Horde Character on Thorium Brotherhood.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Averis

I played for a couple years off and on. I moved around a lot, though. My favorites were probably my NE Druid and BE Hunter.

I haven't played in a long while. My account is still active, though. I think I was on Bloodhoof and Wyrmrest Accord.

Lizik-chan

I'm a casual care-bear player. I have Ally hunter at Terokkar and well... a goblin lvl. 85 hunter also. I prefer playing hunters above all. And after all I came to prefer Horde over Alliance. But since that spring I've switched from WOW to Rift actively. So no I have my account frozen.

Nakitaninja

I actually started playing with Caty and then froze the account because the servers were insane! Now I am back and just sort of messing around... trying to finish out my professions and whatnot. I'm over on Hydraxis, Mal'ganis, Sargeras, and some other server..... I have a few characters but not that many at 85 ^^.

Ohhhhh Trade Chat. How I missed the irrational trade chat.

My better half was playing Rift but he's kind of a hard sell on the MMOs? Without people to play with they're not that much fun. We've almost always been console people so MMOs are fun but, of course, COMPLETELY, different.

Lizik-chan
My better half was playing Rift but he's kind of a hard sell on the MMOs?

Rift subscription numbers are not that impressive comparing to WOW of course. But they hit over 1 million less than in half year. And I'm pretty sure they will have more. I'm playing at RP server there which is not crowded at all but I can't say it has not enough people for me. Though I'm planing to switch to the regular one for it has more population after all...

Still miss WOW from time to time but unfortunately I can't handle more than one MMORPG at a time due to work, dolls, family and common sense

Averis

I tried Rift for a while when it came out. It's not bad, certainly better than most of the recent new MMOs. My regular MMO playing friends and I are going to play Star Wars: The Old Republic when that comes out. I'm also personally looking forward to Tera (I was a big Lineage 2 fan) and Guild Wars 2. Lots of good gaming coming up... I'm so not going to have any free time anymore. Oh! I forgot about Skyrim (not an MMO, but...)! Ugh...

Lizik-chan mentioned an RP server, does/did anyone RP in WoW or some other game?

Nakitaninja
Oh! I forgot about Skyrim (not an MMO, but...)! Ugh...

Lizik-chan mentioned an RP server, does/did anyone RP in WoW or some other game?

SKKKKKKKYRIM!!!!! Man, I spent 400 hours on Oblivion. No lie. Looks like small potatoes compared to Warcraft tho'. ^^;;; I am super excited about Skyrim. (Can you tell?) I really want to play with an RP group- I just can't find one. Also I have never rp'd on WoW so I might be really terrible at it. I LOVE listening to people RP though... so much fun.

Lizik-chan
I are going to play Star Wars: The Old Republic when that comes out.

Same thing here . But I'm anticipating “Secret World” from Funcom most of all currently.

OtakuDepot

Oh my.... WOW, how you have eaten so many days of my life.

I have a number of characters but my main is a L85 Horde Blood Elf (Belf!) female mage. I started playing that character a few months after WOW went live. Last time I checked I have about 170 "DAYS" of play time.

I actually just closed my WOW account this week. I hadn't been logging in over the last few months. I got burn out after the last expansion and I think it's time for another break. I started Aliance and played that for years. It wasn't till I heard about the Alea Iacta Est guild on the Earthen Ring server that I switched to Horde about 2 years ago.

The AIE guild was formed by some "famous" podcasters and their fans as a fun family guild. It grew and grew and grew and now is the largest WOW guild in the world. Last I heard we had over 3,000 members. We actually had to split the guild into 10 smaller guilds on that server. That guild is a wonderful group of people and even has it's own podcast now. If you ever want a good guild, go horde and transfer to Earthen Ring. You will find a ton of people who you would like to hang out with in game.

I do have a ton of fond memories from WOW and can't see ever quitting the game for good. Well, not till Blizzard comes out with their next big MMO. I have a personal blog that doesn't get updated much anymore but I have a bunch of wow memories there such as this happy day:

turtle.jpg

It was amazing fishing that up and then getting about 40-50 "Congrats" pop up in guild chat!!!

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Averis
Oh! I forgot about Skyrim (not an MMO, but...)! Ugh...

SKKKKKKKYRIM!!!!! Man, I spent 400 hours on Oblivion. No lie. Looks like small potatoes compared to Warcraft tho'. ^^;;; I am super excited about Skyrim. (Can you tell?) I really want to play with an RP group- I just can't find one. Also I have never rp'd on WoW so I might be really terrible at it. I LOVE listening to people RP though... so much fun.

Oblivion is still one of my all-time favorite single-player games. I would just run around and explore for hours. I love to explore, which is why I like games like that and MMOs.

I've been in a couple RP guilds over the years. It's fun, but takes patients and practice.

Nakitaninja
Last time I checked I have about 170 "DAYS" of play time.

First, you can check that? OMG. I don't want to know. I will be sad- I've been playing WoW like it is a job recently. To be fair I've had guild people I can actually run the new stuff with so it makes a difference. I also got my first good set of PvP gear so it's been Tol Barad as much as I can. I looooove PvP. Didn't think I would but I do. lol

I have a personal blog that doesn't get updated much anymore but I have a bunch of wow memories there such as this happy day:

turtle.jpg

It was amazing fishing that up and then getting about 40-50 "Congrats" pop up in guild chat!!!

**James

That.... IS SUPER RARE! Congrats from the present to your past- that is unbelievably lucky! I'm been trying to get the Reigns of the Raven Lord for 4 months to no avail. T-T

Here's Mehet:

5880536583_cfdf7412f9.jpg

MEHET by dollflip, on Flickr

She was originally a Hordie Tauren so that's why she has that name. ^^;;;

as for Oblivion... I just loved to go in and mess with people. Steal from them and then kill all the guards, etc. I think I just like being a bleep in Oblivion. >_< It entertains me to upset the NPCs. I will be happy for better character models, though I never felt the old ones were HORRIBLE.

Suzuna

I don't play WoW anymore. Levelling got too easy, and they added so much stuff that you felt like you HAD to do daily. I play Aion, it's got lovely character models. I rp there as well!

Averis

I played Aion as well. I was greatly involved with the RP community too. Been tempted to check it out again.

Till Troll

I stopped playing WoW over a year and a half ago now... but am so tempted to go back. I was a casual player, happy to do professions, grind solo and run low level dungeons solo once I was a high enough level. Mostly, I liked following quest lines and the story, and raiding never appealed to me. Because of this, my main never got above lvl ~68, and I have several lvl 20-30 alts.

Now I am really tempted to return, as Phantasy Star Online 2 is unlikely to be released in the west til next year, minimum. I followed all the cataclysm hype last year religiously, despite not playing. Now they have introduced free starter packs, where you can make as many alts as you can to play up to lvl 20 for free with no time limit, and even with the restrictions on those accounts, I am really tempted. Although, not before my viva :s

I love afflic 'locks. Are they still getting love? I heard about the shard change, which made me a bit sad, because nothing warmed the cockles of my twisted black heart more than sucking the souls out of my enemies and saving them to preserve my own life. I hope they have something to replace that.

Suzuna
I played Aion as well. I was greatly involved with the RP community too. Been tempted to check it out again.

I knew your name was familiar! You were the ARP admin! Too bad you're Asmodian, I'm Elyos~ Same server though (former Lumiel, now Israphel).

Asmodian Aion is mostly Symphony of Storms now, and Elyos side is Tempus Irae. We sometimes get our cross faction on, but not frequently.

Averis

I knew your name was familiar! You were the ARP admin! Too bad you're Asmodian, I'm Elyos~ Same server though (former Lumiel, now Israphel).

Asmodian Aion is mostly Symphony of Storms now, and Elyos side is Tempus Irae. We sometimes get our cross faction on, but not frequently.

Haha, yup, and I still am the admin. My RP Legion fell apart, unfortunately. I know the guy that started SoS, but not whomever is running it now. I'd probably start over and make an Elyos Ranger, but I'd have to delete all my Asmo characters to do it on Israphel. I probably shouldn't start another game, though. >.

Maybe we should start an MMO thread so we don't derail this one.

OtakuDepot
First, you can check that? OMG. I don't want to know. I will be sad-

HAHA - I know what you mean. Sometimes it's better not to know but if your interested I think the command is /played It only shows the time on that one character though. They do have mods that you can install and will run it on every character you play and give you a total time played - now that is very evil.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo