Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

initial

Repairing Eyes

initial

Decide to start this topic as I searching for help to repair 1 resin eyes that come with my custom DDH-06. but feel free to discuss about problem on other types of eyes also.

anyone know how to repair coating on this eye?

8531664944_3b27a5cc06.jpg

scratched resin eye by cstoe83, on Flickr

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

XOHimitsuOX

Depending on how deep the scratch is it's hard to say.

If it's not so deep you can use a cloth and whitening toothpaste to polish it out, but i use tamiya polishing compounds.

Else you might need to sand it out, try using 1000 grit sand paper, then 1500, then 2000. Followed by a polish with toothpaste (or tamiya polishing compounds)

initial

thanks!

i was thinking about something that can polish it but no idea what can be used for it.

should look into more on what you suggested.

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

Kimochi

You could polish it with sandpaper first to get the scratch removed, then use a dremel with the polishing wheel attachment on it to polish out the rest. I use the polishing wheel attachment for my resin dolls and it makes them shine a bit TOO much sometimes. Alternatively you could coat it in a clear lacquer or high gloss sealer if you can't get it to buff up the way you want it.

initial

thanks!....seem like there are quite a few ways to try repair the eye

PlasticFantastic

Let us know how it goes, I have a few resin eyes that could also use this fix ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Shailara

Hello~!

I wanted to ask help ;A; My Lucy's eye's top part cracked (badly, almost all across it), I think when my brother was trying to push it in so we could remove them from the head (I even left it in the freezer for 10 minutes like with my Millhi OTL but nope). Is there a way to fix it? ;;-;;

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

initial

while I may not able to help, but perhaps a pic will be easier for us see what advice we can give

Shailara

I can't seem to be able to photograph it, but there are deep cracks on the transparent part of the eye. There are some scratches that I am sure some fine sanding could deal with, but the cracks run deep....

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

PlasticFantastic
I can't seem to be able to photograph it, but there are deep cracks on the transparent part of the eye. There are some scratches that I am sure some fine sanding could deal with, but the cracks run deep....

Acrylic eyes generally can't be repaired the same way as resin ones. I've yet to see anyone come up with a solution for any of the acrylic eyes.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Shailara

Mmmm >: I see...Thanks...;3;

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

mangaemi

I recently got Akira's eyes that are in need of some light repair. The less important repair is the clear dome starting to separate from the white insert on the side. Thankfully it's not out to the color part of the eye -- so it's not super important I get this fixed, but there is also a weird kind of rough spot above the dark green/color part of the eye that I want to get rid of.

Are DD eyes made of standard acrylic? I've been checking out some youtube videos on how to repair acrylic windows/boxes/etc -- if it's all the same, I'd think there could be a way to fix surface scratches as long as you don't sand so much you wear down the dome with high grade sandpaper and metal polish - or heck even toothpaste - which seems to do a lot for cloudy/scratched headlights and cds.. just curious if anyone has done that?

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Subaru

Could you try wiping it clean and glossing it? I think the gloss should be able to fill in the scratch and make it nearly invisible. I have done this with a few acrylic doll eyes.

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy