Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lita_Blanchimont

Vocaloid outfits?

Lita_Blanchimont

Hiya, I have plans to make a Vocaloid Dollfie sooner or later, I remember seeing the outfits on eBay a while ago, I think they were called Ginger Tea or something, but I'd quite like to know what they're called, any information would be appreciated!

aquilla429

If I remember rightly Ginger Tea sell their sets at doll events in small quantities. They normally sell out pretty quickly die to their popularity and the small quantity.

You can often get the outfits on yahoo japan auctions, this seller currently has a few for sale http://openuser.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/usa20081104

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

SakuraSylph

Cherry Milk / Ginger Tea (two related dressmakers) have indeed made various vocaloid outfits, to include: Regular Miku, Sakura Miku, Racing Miku, Rin/Len, and Luka. All their outfits are created with the appropriate licensing in place, so they're not even look-the-other-way doujin outfits. These are sold at WonderFest, i-Doll, and Volks Dolpas, with about 10 copies of each outfit available per event.

They go fast and GT is one of the only dealers with a gargantuan line for their table. Chance of getting one of these outfits at an event is near zero (if you're "counting on it"), just like a limited doll at Dolpa. I tried!

The most realistic (but horridly expensive) way is to use Yahoo Japan. These outfits will go there at 200-400% markup the day after the event.

Even despite that, you may want to get them sooner rather than later. Ginger Tea recently posted a complaint about that scalping practice on their blog, saying it makes it harder (for whatever reason) to get official licenses when items meant to be event-only show up on internet auctions.

Aside: Athough CM/GT makes a lot of Vocaloid outfits, they also make clothes from other licensed properties. In fact, they make anime/game clothes exclusively, which I think is great. (Few dealers do.) I haven't been able to get any of their vocaloid stuff personally yet, but I have gotten Kaleido Ruby, Deathsmiles Casper, Alice Caroll, and Akari Mizunashi costumes made by them over the years.

SakuraSylph

Xiongmao

Thought I'd resurrect a very old thread just in case anyone is curious about the Ginger Tea outfits.

There are quite a lot of them on YJA (non-Japan residents can buy them using the Buyee proxy service).

I didn't realise they're officially licensed but I guess they are. I believe they're licensed to be sold at particular events. They're often highly sought after and there aren't many made of each outfit.

Here's my Miku Kirika wearing the Ginger Tea Project Diva School Module outfit. I paid 23,600 which is quite a bit more than the original price of 13,900. I'm guessing this outfit was made many years ago though.

It's a pretty nice outfit although it's a shame it doesn't come with shoes. The leek hairpieces are really cute although they're in a bit of a delicate condition. I'm not sure what they're made of but I could always make some more. I also like that all the fasteners are poppers and none of those annoying thread loops Volks are huge fans of.

Unfortunately the jacket has a green stain on the front. It's not really noticeable in photos. It might have come from the hairpieces, although they were wrapped in cellophane. Maybe they were loose at some point. It might also have been from the patch on the jacket sleeve.

Another grumble is the jacket's front button popper could have been placed a little better. Maybe I'll get somebody to move it for me.

Finally the socks are made from a really nice stretchy spandex material but they don't stay up that well.

Speaking of making stuff, I 3D printed Miku's square hair pieces. They're the first object I've designed from scratch. They're only a version 0.1 but they fit perfectly and I think they look pretty nice. I'll upload my model somewhere if anyone fancies making their own. They're not a perfect match for the Project Diva outfit but I've seen Miku wear plain ones with other outfits.

A little off topic but this was a brand new Miku wig as our last one got wrecked. This one was a really tight fit on Kirika, whereas our original one was a brilliant fit on everybody's bonces.

All in all it's quite a nice outfit and doesn't Kirika make a fairly good Miku? The outfit is mostly white lined (except for the socks and some parts of the shirt) and of course Kirika is our unlucky girl so here's hoping she doesn't have yet another life catastrophe 🥴.

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Anyalecter

I'm really hoping to pick up Miku's default outfit sometime.. 

Xiongmao

Full body photo of Project Diva Miku Kirika.

Ginger Tea did make a classic Miku outfit but I understand there are less than 30 of these outfits in the entire world, so it is a hugely rare grail.

There are a few other Miku outfits currently on YJA, but they're not nearly as popular.

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.