The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Bellatrix

Problem with DD2 inner skeleton (thigh part)

Bellatrix

Hello there,

today my Melissa fall on the floor and after it her left leg was a bit floppy (I was taking some pics).

After a while the lower part of the leg got to be detached from the upper, and I wasn't able to put it back to the original position.

I kind of disassembled the leg part, and this is what I got:

1) I wasn't able to disassemble the thigh from the lower torso part

72889_10200941891698440_378622028_n.jpg

2) This is how the inner part of the thigh looks at me

547523_10200941891658439_470602238_n.jpg

292289_10200941891618438_1328386130_n.jpg

3) the leg part

558059_10200941891778442_1811342330_n.jpg

DETAIL of the part that got disassembled *I FOUND BOLT 'lost' THE IN THE THIGH*

484045_10200941891738441_427646150_n.jpg

Some advices, please? >_____<

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

shinegamix

you will have to find the screw and put it back together. you will have to remove the thigh for that. time to break out the hairdryer

making my triumphant return

Bellatrix
you will have to find the screw and put it back together. you will have to remove the thigh for that. time to break out the hairdryer

I pictured the screw, but I don't understand where does the plastic part go... it isn't broken, so I don't think it goes between the other 2 plastic parts left in the thigh, an the metal part of the screw it too little to allow to put it on that... @.@

shinegamix

afraid that it should go in between see number 14 of here: Standard Dollfie Dream Base Body 2 internal frame components

maybe you have magical powers and its slipped in between after it got phased out

Bellatrix
afraid that it should go in between see number 14 of here: Standard Dollfie Dream Base Body 2 internal frame components

maybe you have magical powers and its slipped in between after it got phased out

So strange! As what i see everything looks fine here o.o

shinegamix

or maybe the nut was loose from the beginning and the shock of the fall popped the screw out dislodging the part and when the vinyl bounced back it pushed the screw into place

DivinitaAria

Oh, the same thing happened to me early this year!!! I'm going to try and explain how to attach it in this post, the only problem is my dolls are at home and it's difficult trying to remember how I did it.

What I did was:

1) Take the whole leg off of the body. This was really tricky and it felt like I was going to break it, but in order to fix the knee/thigh connection you need to pull off the thigh/leg from the body.

2) The next step is to detach the knee joint so you're left with two seperate pieces. I didn't do this and I ended up snapping the shin skeleton. It disconnects at that screw where the knee bends.

558059_10200941891778442_1811342330_n.jpg

3) So you have the thigh piece separate from the body. This part is irritating. Thread though the top of the thigh skeleton two ribbons. You'll need something to pull the thigh piece up out of the vinyl shell.

leg_zps5ddcb572.jpg

4) Now you can connect the thigh piece that you pulled out with the top of the leg joint from step 2. Make sure they're really tight and that the bolt is completely in the space hollowed out for the bolt.

5) Now that the top of the thigh joint that connects to the torso and the mid thigh skeleton are connected, you need to push the thigh joint back into the vinyl shell. When you push it in make sure to heat the bottom knee hole because you'll be squeezing the disk shaped piece through it.

5) Once the thigh piece is back in the vinyl shell and the bottom of the thigh disk is sticking out, you can reconnect the shin piece to where the joint bends.

Also, a hair dryer comes in handy for most of these steps. I ended up shaving some vinyl off of the thigh hole where you pull the top of the thigh piece out of the body. Only like... 1 millimeter from the cirbleepference.

So basically, you need to take out all the skeleton pieces; take apart the shin/lower thigh piece, pull the upper thigh piece throw the vinyl shell, screw the upper thigh back to the lower thigh -> pull your now connected pieces back through the vinyl thigh shell -> reconnect the lower thigh/knee joint to the shin/knee joint -> pull the shin vinyl shell back over the shin skeleton and done!

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Bellatrix
1) Take the whole leg off of the body. This was really tricky and it felt like I was going to break it, but in order to fix the knee/thigh connection you need to pull off the thigh/leg from the body.

It's embarassing that I'm still at step #1, but the fact is that I still wasn't able to detach the leg from the hip... the pvc part don't move! I shot another picture for you, any tip? It looks like I'm going to break it T__T

166745_10200952058032592_911075272_n.jpg

DivinitaAria

just seems to take a lot of wriggling and pulling that was definitely one of the hardest steps!

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Kumi

It was probably less scary than pulling the leg with all might

Mind You, the end of the hip rod has a split and additional edge to prevent the leg from disjointing. This is probably much harder to take apart than to assemble

most guy will find it is difficult to take the leg out, so I use cutter to shave the joint

http://www.figure.fm/en/post/34209/Fine+tune+on+Kanu+body.html#image-298507

So Bella, either You're using too little force, or You should take the Hololo's route and remove the vinyl from skeleton first. Maybe it's better way because if You do this, You can connect the rest of the skeleton and then slide the vinyl back in place.

shinegamix

no all type 2 bodies are like this. here you can see how to minimize breaking/scraping plastic off the peg. open it all op squeeze the ends together and it slides out easy. if you use too much force you can break half of it off

Bellatrix

Thank you everybody for all the kind suggestions! I easily disassembled the legs of my MDD, so I could try it on the DD body with more faith. I'll try both disassembling and, in case of me not being strong enuff, Hololo's method. I'll post here if I have any kind of updates >w

blackmercury

i also have the same trouble - i have Aoi's body (1st ver.) and cann't disconnect thigh part ( hairdryer did not help. but I am afraid to use Hololo's method )

At home: Natali [1/3 BJD from Doll-Love] Aya [DD Natsuki 2nd ver.] Ami [DD Moe ver.1] Miho [DDH-06 pre-painted + DDS body], Haruka [DDH-07 pre-painted + DD2 body]

Sorry for my bad english ^_^

shinegamix
i also have the same trouble - i have Aoi's body (1st ver.) and cann't disconnect thigh part ( hairdryer did not help. but I am afraid to use Hololo's method )

yes the hairdryer isnt hot enough to soften abs plastic. . i have used hololo way of disconnecting the thigh before. making thesamemod for the dddy1 body. its really nothing to be afraid off. the vinyl is easy to peel down. you take off the screws. even if you lose one. they are pretty standard electrical screws/nuts you can get at any hardware store. and for the split peg part i did not use the knife. i just squeezed it and then pulled of the thigh

Bellatrix

I disassembled it super easily (Hololo's method) softening with hair dryer and some liquid neutral SOAP.

My problem now is to assemble the thigh part back in the hip joint. It's so dark I don't really see anything.

shinegamix

that part doesnt matter. you can close it up and then pop the whole leg in. it will automatically click into place at the end

Bellatrix
that part doesnt matter. you can close it up and then pop the whole leg in. it will automatically click into place at the end

No it doesn't..

shinegamix

have you tried working the hololo way backwards?