Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeynekobutt

How do I mod an Obitsu 60cm to fit a DD head

monkeynekobutt

I've been looking forever for a body for my second girl and I finally got one for a good price, but the thing is it has stains. I'll use acne or zit cream to try to remove it. Ok what I really wanted to know was how do I mod the neck to put on a DD head, i've been looking online for hours and found no tutorials...........please help TAT

monkeynekobutt

Oh I should mention this, it had the old neckpiece

Minuette
Here you are. ^^ K2 knows much about the ways of the vinyl.

monkeynekobutt
Here you are. ^^ K2 knows much about the ways of the vinyl.

thanks........but I don't think that applies to the old neckpiece, does it?

Minuette

He takes the whole thing apart, only way to find out if it would work with the old neckpiece would be to take the old piece apart and see if you're able to follow the directions once it's apart.

monkeynekobutt

Guess I'll have to wait then since I can't find pictures of the old one apart and the body won't be here until next week XD

Minuette

Good luck, I hope that helps at least. ^_^

Highlander

Well, I never like to contradict K2, because he is the master of vinyl, however you can do this without modifying the neckpiece, or adding any hardware.

I'll have to get you pictures when I get home tonight, but there is an easier way than that shown by K2, it depends on the actual DD head. The new style neck piece from Obitsu works nicely.

1. unscrew the retaining screw inside the neck piece to release the spring and retaining peg. The screw will more than likely remain partially in the ball inside the neck piece itself.

2. remove the peg and spring, and the large plastic collar that normally grips the Obitsu head. Discard that piece and keep the spring and peg.

3. remove the head cap on the DD head.

4. place the retaining peg in the spring as it was on the original Obitsu neck piece, and carefully push the circular peg through the mounting hole in the bottom of the head - from the inside outward. You may need to soften the vinyl or widen the hold just a tiny bit.

5. using one hand to hold the spring and peg in-place inside the head, carefully place the main part of the neck piece into the peg, there is a slight squareness to the peg that fits into the top of the ball inside the beck piece.

6. Now, using your third hand, screw the retaining screw carefully back into the retaining peg.

Voila! you just mounted a DD head on an Obitsu 60cm neck piece, and it will have all the movement that an original Obitsu head would on the same neck piece.

Trust me on this, I have Pamela, Kuro Usagi, Shion, Tsumigi, Azusa (Edit: Azusa is not on an Obitsu body, I forgot we changed her) and Asuna (my avatar picture) all put together this way, Misheru also has several a few DD heads mounted on Obitsu bodies.

I'll get a couple of pictures tonight and post them.

The Highlander

~The H side of H&M House of Vinyl~

Highlander

Sadly I don't have enough posts yet to actually put the images into a gallery or post the URLs. I'll try to get Misheru to post them for me...

The Highlander

~The H side of H&M House of Vinyl~

Misheru

Highlander posting via Misheru here, I am the H in the H & M House of Vinyl, Misheru is the M of course...

Here are the images I promised - there are a lot of images, they're all 800x600 or less in jpg format and hosted on my own webspace;

I originally intended to take some pictures of an existing girl, but a better opportunity landed in my lap. I had a Volks Number 1 head awaiting a body. She was to become CyberDoll Kei - a character from the anime Hand Maid May. The Obitsu 60cm body arrived the other day, so I was able to take pictures as Kei took shape.

For reference, here are a couple of pictures of the character herself;

CyberDollKei_crop.jpg

kei_screen_grab_01.jpp

So, back tot he topic at hand, putting a DD head on an Obitsu 60 neck piece and (by inference) Obitsu 60cm body. As I said before I have several of these wonderful combinations, and Kei is the latest addition. There are 13 pictures in total in this sequence;

To begin, I laid out all the pieces to start with, the #1 head, the Obitsu bust disassembled with the upper skeleton piece removed and the neck piece already disassembled as well. The six pieces in the bottom right of the picture comprise the neck piece, there is the main piece, a small ball joint, spring, retaining peg, retaining collar and retaining screw.

cbd_kei_01.jpg

Take the head cap off to reveal the hole for the neckpiece.

cbd_kei_02.jpg

Set aside the 5 parts of the neck piece we will use, note that the collar is the only piece missing.

cbd_kei_03.jpg

Re-assemble the neck piece, place the ball 'joint' inside the barrel of the neck piece and ensure that the squared off indentation is pointing up through the top of the neck piece. gently scree the retaining screw part way into the ball piece as shown, assemble the spring and retaining peg.

cbd_kei_04.jpg

gently ease the retaining peg into the neck piece hold in the head, keeping the spring inside the head and only pushing the plastic part through. The top of the retaining 'peg' will hold te spring in place. You may need to stretch the neck hole on a Volks head, the size of the peg is more or less an exact match of the hole in the based of the head.

cbd_kei_05.jpg

Flipping the head over, you can see the peg, with the screw hole poking through, notice the flat or squared off sides on the peg, this allows it to fit precisely with the rest of the neck piece.

cbd_kei_06.jpg

Now juggle all the pieces, gently place the barrel of the neck piece with the ball 'joint' oriented to match the flat sides on the retaining peg. You may want to recruit a second pair of hands to help with this part. Once it's oriented, gently use a jewelers screwdriver to drive teh screw home into the retaining peg.

cbd_kei_07.jpg

And there you go, all done, except the assembly of the doll. It is a little more finicky than it may sound from my description, but once you have done it once, you will get the hang of it and it will be easy. As you can see, the neck piece sits nicely, the spring comrpesses providing nice tension on th neck piece so you can move the bead on the neckpiece as freely as you would an Obitsu head, or a Volks head on a Volks boddy..

cbd_kei_08.jpg

Put the headcap back on, and assemble the skeleton pieces.

cbd_kei_09.jpg

No longer 'armless, Key begins to take shape. Note that she is on the slim ball jointed Obitsu 60cm body with a medium bust. The only part of the neck piece unused sits on the pad next to Kei.

cbd_kei_10.jpg

Now, how does it look? Well, here is a picture from the right angle to reveal the only deficiency of this 'mating' of Volks and Obitsu vinyl. The Bolks Neck ns thicker than the Obitsu one, so there is a visible difference as you can see - But, only from this kind of angle...lol.

cbd_kei_11.jpg

A more normal angle, and the slight mismatch is much less visible.

cbd_kei_12.jpg

And finally a portrait shot of the completed CyberDoll Kei. As you can see, she looks every inch as if she was meant to be exactly as she is. The vinyl matches well, and only a small blushing is needed to make the match undetectable. I think you have to admit she captures the spirit of the character.

cbd_kei_13.jpg

As you can see, after a little careful work you can use just the 60cm Neck piece and a little manual dexterity to put a DD head on an Obitsu neck piece and body. With Kei, I now have Kei, Asuna, Pamela, Kuro Usagi, Shion, and Tsumugi as Volks Obitsu Hybrids. Each of them is beautiful, Tsumugi, Pamela and Kuro Usagi are all on 60cm Obitsu slim/ball joint bodies with a large bust, the others have the standard slim body and medium bust. All the neck pieces have been installed this way, and all still have mobility in the head and neck.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Misheru

Misheru (posting as Misheru...lol) here, just to note that the same method works to put a DD head on a 50cm or smaller Obitsu/Parabox/Yamato body as well.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)