Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Galvatim

MDD3 cracks!

Galvatim

So, I was changing the outfit on Louise last night, and decided to investigate just why her arm always pops off...

8656153715_0c61ac67a1.jpg

009 by galvatim, on Flickr

It's actually quite easy to get the vinyl off the arm joint. You might notice the blue tape, which seems to have been added to keep the piece together.

8657257446_043815e905.jpg

013 by galvatim, on Flickr

You can see the crack. Fell free to click through for a larger size photo.

I'm under the impression that MDD3 cracking hasn't been occurring as frequently as the DD3 cracking was. My current plan is to buy another set of arms, although I've also heard that this isn't the only rotation point in the upper arm, so it could be glued together. I'll investigate further.

shinegamix

lookslike coolcat need to make a ring for these too

making my triumphant return

shinegamix

lookslike coolcat need to make a ring for these too

making my triumphant return

mitsuki

Dude, I put that tape there. This is an old Cirno body. I wonder if the older ones have more problems than the new ones. But a recently enough purchased MDD Rena had the same problem of the arms falling off.

PrettyCranium
Dude, I put that tape there. This is an old Cirno body. I wonder if the older ones have more problems than the new ones. But a recently enough purchased MDD Rena had the same problem of the arms falling off.

Is that the Rena body that I bought?

Galvatim

Ah, I do recall you mentioning something about trying to fix the arms. It's not hurting anything, if anything, it's helping to hold the piece together.

It's annoying that Volks can't seem to fully solve this issue. Hopefully Cool Cats can clean up after Volks again...

mitsuki

No, it is not the same one. I have seen 2 Rena bodies so far. Both were from Japan as opposed to Volks USA. There were arm problems with one body I split with Littlebearries but she solved it by gluing the two parts. The other body on the way to you seems fine.

It is almost like some arm sockets and pegs are too smooth and they can't hold together. Maybe there is a way to increase friction to make them stay. Galvatim mentioned that for the Transformers, you can use Future Floor Polish to essentially add another layer of plastic to the joint and improve the holding of poses.

PrettyCranium

No, it is not the same one. I have seen 2 Rena bodies so far. Both were from Japan as opposed to Volks USA. There were arm problems with one body I split with Littlebearries but she solved it by gluing the two parts. The other body on the way to you seems fine.

It is almost like some arm sockets and pegs are too smooth and they can't hold together. Maybe there is a way to increase friction to make them stay. Galvatim mentioned that for the Transformers, you can use Future Floor Polish to essentially add another layer of plastic to the joint and improve the holding of poses.

Thanks for clarifying. Strange that there is so much variation from one Rena to the next!

PrettyCranium

The Rena body that I bought from Mitsuki arrived today, and it's nice and tight. I wonder why there is so much variation from one to the other? This is my first MDD, but I'm worried after seeing it that it will not be my last . . . It's so cute and small.

Extra special thanks to Mitsuki for allowing me to buy this amazing body. Thank you.

Ashley

hmmm I have a MDD and her limbs fall off constantly..I thought it was just the way they were made. Its not normal?

She is not a MDD3..she is the regular version. Is Mayu Tamano. Maybe she needs new arms too? I cant remember if its her arms and legs that fall off constantly,or just her arm/arms.

Something on her is constantly falling off..LOL

pichu10176

...ouch. I have never heard of a mdd3 body cracking case yet until now. O.o