Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

DD Cameras

MaxArcher

Let's talk about cameras of various types for our DDs.

The Takara Pentaxes are the most popular right now, and generally the best bang for the buck. They're quite affordable on eBay, usually under $15 shipped, and come in a wide variety of colors and two models. (The older K-x and the newer K-r.) Searching for "Tomy Pentax" or "Takara Pentax" is the easiest way to find them. They have a clear plastic attachment on the bottom that allows them to slip into the flash "shoe" on a real camera and sit on top, but this attachment can be removed, and reveals a round hole that can be enlarged with a round file or an X-Acto knife and will then screw onto a real tripod attachment.

Here's mine on a "bendy" dollar store tripod. It fits fine, but the legs are obviously far too short for DDs.

5816686401_23ab1bd72a_z.jpg

1/3 Pentax K-r tripod mod by MaxArcher, on Flickr

There are similar tripods available that work like full-size ones, but at a small scale. They're too short as well, but I think it'd be easy to replace the legs with longer ones made from plastic, brass, or carbon tubing.

Here's the camera being used by a DD. The size is dead-on. (The K-r is a very small SLR in real life.)

5817687006_0fd6d6b560_z.jpg

Beato Photographer 10 by MaxArcher, on Flickr

Let's see what everybody else has!

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

Galvatim

I have one of these Pentaxs too. It's the gray model. Didn't know it was from Takara-Tomy though.

PlasticFantastic

I'll have to take some detail shots of my Canon DD Camera tonight now ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

baldylox

I've got quite a few different types of cameras for my girls. Some I got from ebay, others I got at a bookstore and some were given to me by my Mom. One is even a working vintage miniature video camera!

I had them in a post over on Figurefm but I'll uplaod individual pics here soon for yall to see.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

baldylox

Ok, since I had some time and I love playing with MY new camera I took some pics of the girls cameras with Manami as my model.

This camera is a tourist trinket from Canada. It's like a mini Viewfinder and has pics of Niagra Falls on the inside!

5861433531_0aed8a630f_z.jpg

On the back you can see the hole you look thru to see the images. The tall, black push button on the top right is what you hit to advance the slide inside. This camera was bought back in the 70's by a friend of my Mom's and given to her as a present. And then she gave it to me.

5861979850_18ea2c1d99_z.jpg

This next one is really cool. My Mom also gave me this and she got it as a gift from a coworker way back in the late 60's or early 70's. It's an actual working video camera made in Japan. This is the little leather case it comes in.

5861982354_25d37605f2_z.jpg

This thing is too cool. It's made of almost all metal!

5861436025_5c7393741d_z.jpg

Here is a close up of the front.

5861956014_7a091c4a56_z.jpg

And here is the back all opened p. It actually did short runs of video! Maybe 2 minutes long at most.

5861958694_7c8a148424_z.jpg

And what's also nice is that it's almost the perfect DD size! Here's Manami taking pics of me.

5861961224_4d2ab5b3d1_z.jpg

"Don't forget my cell phone Papa!"

5861963752_d8187bb988_z.jpg

"It has a camera on it too! It even has one on the inside! See up here?"

5861968288_851ea2c316_z.jpg

This camera has no brand name on it and I have no clue who makes it. Mitsuki showed me an auction on ebay that had this camera, a scrapbook and some small scissors for $7.00 BIN. I snagged it fast too. It's really detailed and looks nice.

5861970768_b2dc85a7c1_z.jpg

Here's a close up of it from the side.

5861965754_2a8767aaa2_z.jpg

And lastly I have this other no name camera I got at a bookstore. It was sold as a keychain and is actually cool.

5861975386_a72d0ba3a8_z.jpg

And why is it cool you ask? I know it's bland looking but check out what happens when you push the button on top.... it flashes and makes camera clicking noises!

5861973160_3fa4eb7717_z.jpg

And they were cheap too! THREE BUCKS! Ha ha!

"Papa! Say cheese! Tee hee!"

5861977880_8e57314aae_z.jpg

So those are all the cameras I have for my girls.

Billy

mitsuki

I love those cameras, especially the one that looks like you can load film into it! Manami looks like an angel in that lacy outfit.

baldylox
I love those cameras, especially the one that looks like you can load film into it! Manami looks like an angel in that lacy outfit.

I agree that the little metal one looks way cool. Plus I like its retro style.

And thanks so much for saying Manami looks like an angel in her dress! Jun97 made it for her anniversary. He's really talented and does great work.

Billy

MaxArcher

The little metal one is actually a functional still camera, you can find some info on them if you search for "HIT Cameras". They're pretty cool. They used 17.5mm movie film, which was popular in Europe. I believe it's still possible to shoot these, but it'll be a lot of work. I'd wondered how they'd go with a DD, and now I know!

How about this for the discerning DD who's a vintage camera enthusiast? http://cameraquest.com/mighty.htm It's like a HIT camera, but with a little bag and accessories and everything!

cgivisionary

My cameras for my girls:

IMG_1839.jpg

Plus, I also have two styles of the flashing LED light and shutter sound effects cameras in baldylox's photo post below; one in the same SLR style and the other as a TLR (twin lens reflex) style. Very cute.

I have a few more in the black colored Olympus interchangeable lens cameras, but they are back in Canada awaiting my return in September.

MaxArcher

I came across this beautiful Leica on Futaba Channel. From what I could gather, he's planning to offer them as kits and as finished products. Maybe it'll be possible to get one on YJA.

Thread here: http://dat.2chan.net/45/res/208715.htm

5971427214_3ec6195bf3_z.jpg

1310915990637 by MaxArcher, on Flickr

(I uploaded it so that I'm not stealing bandwidth.)

How cool are all the accessories it has?

cgivisionary

Wow! That's amazing. I bet it won't be cheap!

baldylox
Wow! That's amazing. I bet it won't be cheap!

I agree on both counts. It's awesome and very detailed. But I fear the price to come.

Billy

Oni-Chan

Bumping this thread ^v^

Here's the most common camera I've seen on my Prop shopping trips

14690031095_02c2f56118.jpg20140719_134044 by Princess-Oni, on Flickr

I also have one in pink. The pink one I got from Target Australia (photo processing Area) and the Blue one I got from a $2 variety/bargain store. I've also seen them at the Reject shop Australia. Also comes in a Black and dark blue version

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Eustia

I bought some supposedly 1/3 cameras from ebay, but they are much smaller than 1/3. Maybe 1/6. I don't have a complete girl here to test it, but I can tell at a glance it is not the right size. Dannychoo's Mirai shots often show her with a nice camera around her neck. I'd like something similar.

Saba

I got this 1/3 key chain camera from a discount store in Australia- it does the 'click & flash' effects, I added the neck strap:

13970313276_9aa14f2a8c.jpg

13990235361_515889c248.jpg