Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mew

Halloween Costumes~

Mew

It's quite far off, but I was wondering, what if your favorite Halloween costume to go out trick or treating in? I know personally, I like to make fake sharp teeth and using flesh latex, put them on my face to give a Mileena from Mortal Combat look, adults usually love it, but when I was trick or treating last year, a little boy was staring at me, like I was a decoration, so I waved and said hi, and he said "You scare me!" and ran away. I felt really bad QAQ So, what's your favorite Halloween Costume?

mitsuki

My costumes aren't scary. I usually just use my cosplay outfits for Halloween.

77925_f5affeeced.jpg

6299698895_a117df4cee.jpg

56629686_86e87b24e0.jpg

328804243_f52110cd39.jpg

baldylox

I don't have any pics of my recent Halloween outfits but they've all been Japanese themed in one way or another. But I do have photos of when I dressed up as my own take on one of the 13 Court Guard Squads captains from the anime "Bleach". This is Kenpachi Zaraki's outfit but I'm using Ichigo's sword along with it because it's big, heavy and awesome.

7586532884_4c35a25bf2_z.jpg

kenpachi 069 by balldylox, on Flickr

7586527428_5520910a95_z.jpg

kenpachi 057 by balldylox, on Flickr

BANKAI!!!

7586523902_64e1475c91_z.jpg

kenpachi 053 by balldylox, on Flickr

Holding that pose sucked because that sword is made of solid steel and weighs close to 20 pounds. But it slices thru just about anything! LOL

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PrettyCranium

Mitsuki, you are so cute! And Billy, very manly

Silverwing

I'm not very imaginative with my costumes around halloween. I got sucked into going to a halloween event at camp fife (BSA) in 2009 though. (I was moving at the time and I had nearly all of my Army medical/field equipment still in my trunk.) I had no Idea it was a costume party so I grabbed all of my old armor and uniform and tossed it on. the kids loved it.

l.jpg

l.jpg

I just keep remembering how hot it was for October.

Mitsuki, I loved how you and your girl had matching outfits!

Baldylox, That sword is awesome! the eypatch looks cool too!

baldylox

Thanks guys! I thought the sword was a must have for this. I'd seen many of these online that were made of wood but to me, that's kinda cheap. I wanted a metal sword! So I finally found this one and had it shipped to me, altho the shipping cost me almost a smuch as the sword itself.... a full tang steel sowrd over 4 feet long weighs almost 20 pounds.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun with it at the Halloween party I hosted. If you don't mind a little cussing, near the end of this video, please check me out slicing a pumpkin ( and almost the table it was on ) in half.

Billy

Silverwing
Thanks guys! I thought the sword was a must have for this. I'd seen many of these online that were made of wood but to me, that's kinda cheap. I wanted a metal sword! So I finally found this one and had it shipped to me, altho the shipping cost me almost a smuch as the sword itself.... a full tang steel sowrd over 4 feet long weighs almost 20 pounds.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun with it at the Halloween party I hosted. If you don't mind a little cussing, near the end of this video, please check me out slicing a pumpkin ( and almost the table it was on ) in half.

Billy

Haha, looked like a fun party! That was a pretty clean cut to a pumpkin.

baldylox

We did have fun there for sure. I wish we had video of me using the sword for apple baseball. I'd either cut the apples in half when I connected or I'd hit them broadside and turn them into applesauce.

Two years ago I did more sword tricks with a real katana I own. I trained myself to do the Ruroni Kenshin sword slash from sheathe to cut back to sheathe in one motion, took me months to get it correct. I could then crouch down, set an apple or potato on top of a broom handle stuck in the ground and then slice it in half in one shot. I really wish someone had filmed me doing that, it was really cool to see.

Billy

Anna-neko

woah,.... Billy you just gained +20awesome!

Anyways, i just wear my usual cosplays on Halloween. Which last few years fell on workdays and who doesn't wanna dress up for work! So my least bleepbersome cosplays it was. Basically cute anime school uniform. Occasionally with added cat-ears. Never a bad excuse to wear fluffy cat ears, nope (says the girl who wore, I kid you not, the Naruto headband for a few months....)

8679464354_830c6b89b2_z.jpg

or last couple years it was Hogwarts uniform. That sweater is a godsent on cold days! (and awesomely enough, one year it fell on the Museum having HP Costuming exhibit, and we totally went to that while in our uniforms! ...and I was scolded for improper use of Polyjuice potions)

8686921949_01b4055afe_z.jpg

Being "scary" isn't usually on my list... <_<;; altho couple years back when my hair was purple a couple kids were convinced I was a witch.... Because witches clearly reside in laundromats! (thats why there's always a sock missing)

Edited by Guest

mitsuki

Thank you, PrettyCranium! Baldylox and Silverwing are so cool!!!

Your costume is great, Chise. I think we could use those Naruto headbands here at work for each team. We are split up into teams working on projects so I think the headbands make perfect sense, right?