Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nelly19

Vest Pattern and Blouse Pattern help for MDD

Nelly19

I am trying to make a custom uniform for my mdd's, the skirts are 1/2 way done as i am redoing the second one, but i dont know where to start on the blouse and vest. Help please.

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

Nelly19
Yukamina

Blouses and vests are some of my favorite clothing items, I'm drafting some patterns now for these. I'm constantly wanting button up shirts/blouses for all my dolls, this is good motivation to actually make something...

Nelly19

I know, am enjoying sewing but the more complicated stuff like blouses elude me, as soon as i get the hang of patterns i guess.... till then i look at pictures of other clothing for dolls and especially mdd's to get an idea with decorating and details. Hopefully am able to make some cute things for the twins.

Yukamina

I made patterns for a blouse, vest, and pleated skirt for MDD. It's a bit rough, but here's a scan:

img110_zps6d5f8b84.jpg

And here's my girl in the bouse and skirt (ran out of energy to make a vest)

IMG_3088_zpsb7dc7ef4.jpg

None of these have seam allowance included, you'll have to add however much you need. For sewing the blouse, it's pretty much the same as jadepixel's shirt tutorial viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6130 but sew the collar onto the neck line as you hem the neck line. And the same with the cuffs. When sewing the sleeve on at the shoulders, gather it a bit as you sew, so that it fits the curve (this will make the shoulders puffed/pleated). Same with sewing on the cuffs. If you don't want it puffed/pleated, adjust the pattern so that it matches up the same (make the sleeve thinner). I hope that makes sense!

For the pleated skirt, the actually skirt part is a rectangle that is 8cm x 55cm (that includes seam allowance).

This thread on DoA has tips for making pleated skirts http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?43092-Pleated-Skirt-Patterns-tips-techniques&highlight=pleated

And here's a little youtube video tutorial

What else... if you want more details (like darts, pockets, short sleeves, a longer vest, or lining) you'll have to investigate that on your own. I'm no expert either, heh heh. Good luck sewing!

Nelly19

thanks yukamina I will get right on this!

takoninja

Thank you for your helpful post Yukamina. I will definitely use this for my gunslinger girl Henrietta doll project.

Name: Tako Moguchi

Dolls: Yume (DDdy, HDD-02, modded s-bust), Himeko (Obistu 40cm, modded HDD-01), Hitomi (DDS M.O.M.O.)