Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nelly19

Custom tanned DD bodies...I learnt something new

Nelly19

Ok so i tried dipping my girl and i got over zealous, am a perfectionist at heart so i asked my friends for a critique. Basically they were Lobster fresh out the pot red, and they are not martians!!!!

Here is what i mean:

This is a few days after the color set in:

8973047508_aa810b6877.jpg

IMG01694-20130605-1308 by dolladdict92, on Flickr

So i decided to tone their color down, turns out its not impossible and they can be re dipped, once your trying to achieve a possible color, dont think your gonna get one color if its outside the range of changes you can make. I used Rit dyes color wheel to get an idea of the possible colors i can create when mixing their skin tone of cocoa with another color. I choose yellow to tone the red down knowing i would get anywhere from a dark shade of orange to possible browns. I did not use a yellow from rit dye, i cant find them anywhere over here, however i did find a brand named dylon in golden yellow here are the results:

8973041238_8fd1497e29.jpg

IMG01696-20130606-1627 by dolladdict92, on Flickr

8971848609_98e620701c.jpg

IMG01698-20130606-1704 by dolladdict92, on Flickr

An honest to goodness FLESH TONE, so now instead of tanned i have black girls, HAHA YESSSSSS !!! Look out for spam

Note the chest piece took to the re dye differently both times, idk must be different vinyl type, but who cares its still flesh toned.. NO MORE LOBSTERS!!!!

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

Keijogirl

Oh wow that's awesome! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing some spam as I want to do my girl Tiar one day but I'm so scared of her turning out too red for my own good. I wanted a flesh toned girlie or at least what Semi's girl Mocha came out to be :3

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Semienigma

Ah ha! Lookin nice lookin nice! I love how they came out!

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

Bouncing_Tigger

I'm really impressed! This looks terrific! You are soooo brave. Here I am worried about doing something wrong with just making a face and you 'dipped' your entire doll. Please be sure to post some pictures once you put her all together again because maybe some day ... in the way far future ... I might like to give this a try!

Nelly19

Haha Thanks guys Actually its not her it "them" Thats two little gals in pieces. Makayla and Mckenzie (yes M&M) are all together and currently wig-less as i m ventilating wigs for them both. I will definitely be posting them sooner or after the hair is done for both ladies. However they have HEAVILY modified obitsu gretal heads so thats the section they will be bouncing around. The took the dye excellently!

I'm really impressed! This looks terrific! You are soooo brave. Here I am worried about doing something wrong with just making a face and you 'dipped' your entire doll. Please be sure to post some pictures once you put her all together again because maybe some day ... in the way far future ... I might like to give this a try!

Dont worry you will build up the courage I loved my girls pale skinned so a different color made it no different its just no i can identify with them. Hope you like them and i cant wait to see what you come u with in the distant future. (this can get addictive)

Oh wow that's awesome! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing some spam as I want to do my girl Tiar one day but I'm so scared of her turning out too red for my own good. I wanted a flesh toned girlie or at least what Semi's girl Mocha came out to be :3

Well they dont have to be red, rit dye offers a variety of colors and you can mix them (before hand) and get the tone you want the base color would be cocoa but the additional color would tone it down so they dont get too red, dyeing them after the fact is ok too it seems once you use the correct color Always use test pieces before you use your doll! it saves you the guessing game

KATOE

Wow that's amazing you can really tan a dollfie dream like that

misskale

Very nice! I love the color they came out with.

What's your plan on dying the armature?

Nelly19

well the plan is to get more cocoa brown and actually let them dye, i got lazy and impatient one of them took perfectly....and i looked at the others and was like "aint nobody got time for dat" lol

In the meantime viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7474 thats Makenzie she has the dyed armature but this is one example of what my dyed parts turned into.