Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
oceanumbrellas

Finally Posting...

oceanumbrellas

So, I joined back in February but ended up getting all awkward about writing an intro post/posting period and just lurked a lot. I'll be getting my first DD this year though and after attending the DD panel at our local convention I finally decided to put on my big kid pants and actually you know... post here since I'd wanted to join and learn more about DDs and chat with other collectors.

Anywayssss... I'm Riley, I'm from Canada, I like long walks on the be-- err, wrong website. Yeah... I am an awkward kid who likes dolls, cameras and super heroes. So hello?

Bouncing_Tigger

Hi!

Canadians are the best! No store or anything where we can buy doll stuff, but we still hang in there! It took me a while to work up my courage to post anything, too, so I know just how you feel. I finally took the plunge this morning and its been great! Everyone is so friendly and supportive that now I wonder why I stressing out over it. I haven't got my girl yet, either, but it is great snooping in all the different areas, isn't it? Have you looked at some of the photo story stuff yet? They are incredible! (Now all I have to figure out is how to set up a story, how to take pictures, how to get them onto to my computer, how to get them on here so people can see them, what my story should be about...etc. etc. etc! I'm sure you get the idea! Talk about a techno dummy, that's me. But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.) As soon as you get your girl, be sure to send pictures!

oceanumbrellas

Glad to see I'm not the only one waiting on my first girl The pre-order wait for my Momo feels like forever, but I'm glad for it at the same time. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford her if she was shiping out before the fall. I will definitely be posting plenty of pictures I'm sure, especially since I promised my friend PlasticFantastic I would bring Momo to her place for a box opening video since she does love to do those. I saw you're waiting on a DD-04. She's such a cutie! It will definitely be worth it to figure out the photo thing to post some pictures. If you need a hand with anything photo or face-up related it seems like there's a ton of people here who can definitely give you a hand, and you can always send a PM this way as well. I've been painting dolls since about 2008 and did two years at college for photography, so I'm always happy to share what bits I do have knowledge of.

Harleyquinne

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! I'm still quite a bit new here myself. I'm awaiting my first girl as well. I'll be picking up her body from the post office tomorrow, but I still have quite a bit to work on - such as her face up!