Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Wei

[Stain solution(?)]superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating

Wei

I was watching a video on youtube about a superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating : Ultra Ever Dry.

Did/Could someone try to coat a DD body with this ?

baldylox

I've never heard of that one. But last year there was some talk of a German company thinking of releasing a spray that would effectively seal any surface from being able to get wet or stained. It was designed for hospitals and doctors to help keep surfaces free of bacteria and viruses and the like. Some people were saying it should work on vinyl or clothing to seal it from staining but I have yet to hear anymore about it. Not sure if this is a similar thing or not.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

gaiaswill

Ever Super Dry specifically says it doesn't work well with excessive handling with bare hands. The oleophobic-ness of it is for refined oils, not natural oils in the skin.

http://www.ultraeverdrystore.com/how-to-use/instructions.pdf

The specs appear to be safe but I don't feel like spending $53+$35 for one quart of the stuff plus application sprayers.

Poofiemus

I think there's another one, Never Wet, but not sure what the cost is on it.

It may help with stains, but I've got to wonder what the finish looks like. If it's truly matte that's one thing. But if it's even the slightest bit gloss or satin, nope. Pretty sure I'd rather put up with stains now and again than a glossy doll to be honest. ^^;

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

mitsuki
...a (grown up ) child's toy.

haha That is awesome! And accurate.

Keijogirl

Here's a video of the stuff in action :3

It'd be pretty cool if one never touched their dolls xD

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

mayaiincho

If i remember correctly the the Neverwet is a silicone composite or simply silicone itself. But Silicone does magnify UV light degradation on the vinyl. Wonder if the instructions says anything about materials you shouldn't apply it on.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.