Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mk13

Questions about DD eyes

mk13

Hi everyone~

I will soon be receiving my first DD, although I have a few resin dolls already, I wanted to ask about DD style eyes. I regularly see very beautiful DD photos on flickr where the eyes are very crisp and vibrant. I'm not sure how to describe it well but when I look at the standard Volks Animetic eyes they all look kind of dull and blurry. Is this due to the Volks photos and their eyes are actually crisp in real life? Or is this softness just part of their style and I should be looking at other brands for crisp eyes?

Can you recommend any high quality eye shops? For my resin dolls I prefer using resin eyes because I find they are clearer than acrylic eyes, and I'm not sure if such a thing exists for DD styles. I tried to search but the word eyes is too common.

Also are there any tutorials for making your own eyes out there?

And finally nice to meet you all

Leadcrow

If you want vibrant eyes Twin snow should have what your looking for. Many around here love them.

As far as volks eyes, some of the blue(Ruri) colored eyes are fairly vibrant though less so then some others, but most do seem to be duller colors.

And welcome to the forums.

Bloodflower

There's also Ersa Flora http://ersaflora.ipower.com/?cat=36 and Parabox http://www.parabox.jp/eng_new/dolleye_new.htm

Twin Snow have only large eyes(22mm and 24mm eyes) and are high dome eyes(they are hard to pose in the eyesocket because of this). I can't say much about Ersa's or Parabox eyes though(haven't bought any of them).

There's plenty of tutorials on how to make your own eyes and different ways to make them. I think you can both search this forum and google for tutorials.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

mk13

Thanks everyone

Some of the Twin Snow and SQ Lab eyes look lovely~

Ersa Flora and Parabox eyes look nice too but they're not quite the style I'm looking for.

Is Twin Snow currently taking orders? Their website still says 2012 at the bottom.

Shailara

I do believe Twin-Snow still takes orders and Ersa Flora does custom eyes too. I'd recommend one or another, as metallic eyes generally have a nice shine to them irl, although are a bit harder to photograph uAu

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)