Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Shiaoran

Dollfie Dream wrist articulation

Shiaoran

The fact that you have only 2 points of articulaton on the wrists really bothers me, a rotation and a horizontal axis aren't enough, a vertical axis really is needed, and I wonder if anyone has ever customized that.

I suppose it'd be easier to create a rotation point on the hand, reshaping that square part the hands slide over, but that wouldn't make for strong articulation.

I'm not really surprised that there aren't third party joints, because most of the doll collectors don't seem to care much about poseability, but as an action figure collector who enjoy these "1/3 action figures", I'm pretty much bothered that I can't even pose Saber Extra thrusting her Aestus Estus in a Break move, for example. But I see a change in the doll scene in the past years (even though I didn't actively followed it) where people are really serious about customization, so I really expect old and new "dolltaki" to go from the "it just needs to look cute" to a "it's a 1/3 human!" in terms of expectancy of perfection in posing. It's all about intricate skeleton engineering, no "as long as the strings hold it together" business anymore. (Though being old fashioned is valid and I respect people who appreciate the classic ways)

mitsuki

I have seen someone do a wrist modification but I can't find the link. I don't remember the details but there were step by step photos. It was a post I saw on figure.fm years ago. The owner made his own guns and other intricate items. The photos were always so lovely.

battrastard

I recall the same mods that mitsuki posted, but a quick search on the 'net gives me no results, dammit!

it required a small screw and a kip or two, a simple mod, really...

Ah, wait, here's a link from my twitter account: http://t.co/cVU0Lle0SS

I think this might be the one, try Google Translate and go back thru his archives, maybe?

Another possible link? http://www.flickr.com/photos/haku1923

Hope this helps...

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

AnimatorAR
Shiaoran

So there ARE third party parts! Thanks for all the info.

Maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys could make a database topic here.

Shiaoran

Apparently wersaze sells by contacting via email, so I'll try that!

AnimatorAR

Can you let me know how that goes? I would love to order some form him too. What is the email?

Innocentsake

Can you let me know how that goes? I would love to order some form him too. What is the email?

Ditto! I'd like to know this information as well since I've always wanted to get these parts for my girls

Kochan

Aaand I know what I'm ordering next...

14078037054_cd075b0817_o.png

Shiaoran

Sorry, I didn't see the question earlier. His email is wersaze at yahoo com

I've told him about this forum, saying he should make it clear that he does deal with foreigners, so it's possible he'll open up a sales topic.

Aside from wrist joints, he also makes feet for high heels, soft waist for increased leg and spine articulation range, soft torso for more realistic breasts (I bet they make all kinds of clothing look as they should), and a display stand that looks like Obitsu's Multi Stand Large, but also has a crotch grip.

If he doesn't post here, I'll ask if I can share the files.

Innocentsake

Shiaoran this is great news! Many of us would love to purchase his items and knowing he is willing to ship internationally has made my day. Does that mean he has gone ahead and completed your order for you? Would love for you to continue to update this thread with how the process of ordering goes with Wersaze

Shiaoran

Yes, my order has shipped already

Innocentsake
Yes, my order has shipped already

How much did it end up costing? And now I think I need to shoot him an e-mail as well

Shiaoran

I've ordered 4 pairs via airmail. The total was $111. Expensive, but when I think I'll be able to make the poses I've always wanted, $50 per Dollfie in an awesomer pose is a justifiable price.

I intend to use the joints on Saber, Saber Extra, Saber Alter ver2, and Yoko for better sword/rifle posing.

Innocentsake

For 4 pairs via airmail that isn't a bad price at all~ You'll have to take pictures of your girls wearing/using them once they arrive to you!

AnimatorAR
I've ordered 4 pairs via airmail. The total was $111. Expensive, but when I think I'll be able to make the poses I've always wanted, $50 per Dollfie in an awesomer pose is a justifiable price.

I intend to use the joints on Saber, Saber Extra, Saber Alter ver2, and Yoko for better sword/rifle posing.

Thank you for updating us on it. I look forwards to your photos, which will help me decide on purchasing some too.

Kochan

I sent him an email the other day. How long does he take to respond?

14078037054_cd075b0817_o.png