Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
darkrevyhyde

Best cheap clothes and shoes for my dd3

darkrevyhyde

Im planning on getting my first dollfie dream (after thinking about it for so long) and im about to shell out the almost $550 dollars to get her by next year(XMAS GIFT TO ME), Ive decided on Yukino which has a dd3 body, which is easier than getting the parts on line separately. I have an art kit i havent used with acrylics and pastels and im an artist mostly so im not too worried about that part, i also can travel to chinatown in Ny where ive seen some dollfie items, so that might possibly work. but i would love some advice on what to get, i want to get a body stocking, a stand, and of course clothing, eyes, wigs and anything to make her the goth loli i want to work on. I would so appreciate the help!

shinegamix

coolcat is where you should start looking for the basics

making my triumphant return

darkrevyhyde

lol ironically im actually there looking for some of the simpler stuffs, like the body stocking. question is does the color of the stocking matter? i see nude but im considering white since my dollfie will have mostly black or darker clothing and im scared to death of having stains on a brand new doll!

shinegamix

color doesnt matter. go for thickness. i have a body wearing the skincolor bodysuitfor 2 months now and the bodysuit hasnt stained the body

making my triumphant return

Poofiemus

Color on body stockings doesn't affect stain prevention. It's just for aesthetics--either to better go with a particular outfit, or to blend more closely with the DD's skin tone.

Try Alice's Collections for clothes, too. A lot of their SD girl stuff fits M bust girls, and some of their more expensive line can be custom tailored to measurements.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

As the others have mentioned, Cool Cats and Alices Collections both have pretty nice clothing at good prices. Here's a link to Alices, it's the main girls clothing page:

http://www.acbjd.com/clothes-girl-outfits-c-3_28.html?zenid=9mvhdlu1adg3nqtdaao3uqoi54

AC will have some expensive stuff too but like Poofie said, you can have them tailor most of these clothes to fit specific dolls. I got a maid uniform thru them and asked to have it sized for the DDII L-bust. They didn't charge me any extra for that and the fit of it was great on my girl.

If you're in the US, you can find similar clothing to AC thru this place in Michigan:

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=58&name=Large+Girls+58+-+60cm&cbh=75

They also have cute shoes for cheap too:

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=50&name=Large+7+-+7.9cm&cbh=81

You can also get VERY nice stuff at good prices thru Jessica here:

http://nightfallwalker.web.fc2.com/frame.htm

Jessica's stuff is limited tho so if you see something you like, it's best to jump on it before it's gone.

Hopefully these will help you out some!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

darkrevyhyde

thank you so much everyone! im pretty new to it and as i said im trying to get alot of the supplies before hand. im trying to think of other things to ask, like is a stand needed for the first few weeks i have her? or a carrying case? lol sorry im just trying to get into the loop of things, none of my friends in the bronx have them, though they have an interest lol

Poofiemus

A stand would be nice to have, but isn't something that will keep you from enjoying her if you don't have it. She'll just be sitting often until you get one.

A doll-specific carrying case is something you can definitely wait on--these girls can fit in lots of bags besides dedicated carriers. A lot of people use yoga-mat bags with great success, for instance, or tripod bags. Since I only have two complete girls still (third's just a head in a jar), I've been posing my girls seiza-style and put them in my regular backpack facing each other. That pose will also let you get a girl or two into a tote bag, though I don't recommend that variant if you're walking much further than from a parking lot to your meetup position--with a girl or two in there, putting the bag over your shoulder makes you hold that arm out chicken style and it gets tiring quickly.

This reminds me, actually, of another piece of advice: when you get wigs, save the hair nets! And bags if they come with them. Those nets really help a lot in keeping wigs fairly neat and tangle-free when you store the ones your girl isn't wearing, and I personally find it much easier to transport the wigs in their nets rather than on my girls when I'm taking them out and about.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

babytarragon

Personally I find cool cat a little expensive..

If you have patience there are some really good deals to be found on taobao, just search 'DD娃' and you can find nice quality wigs for $10 and full outfit sets for $25. Use chrome to auto translate web pages. Look for the word 'spot' which means 'in stock' but for some reason chrome translates it to spot.

darkrevyhyde

You guys are awesomeness!!! That will be my homework this weekend! I might actually switch from yukino to Aoi since I find her face so adorable lol. I just want to make sure I'm prepared with everything I needed.

darkrevyhyde

Thank you so much everyone! its going to take a while for me to get her but at least it will be worth it and ill be prepared. Now last question, im debating between dd3 yukino and Aoi, i personally find Aoi's face adorable, since she looks grumpy lol but she comes in a L bust size. would that be an issue with finding cheaper clothing? alot i see fits M and L but certain ones seem to come in a M sizing and im a little worried on that