Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

sleepywolf

At first you weren't interested...now she's your unicorn

sleepywolf

Has it happened to you that, when Volks released a limited DD, you weren't interested in her but later, after seing how others have restyled her with new clothes/wigs/eyes, you regret not getting her?

For me it's Rise Kujikawa. When Volks released her I completely ignored her. It was something about her wig/eyes/outfit that just didn't work.

Now, when I see how others have restyled her,....arghh!

thebobness' version of Rise is soooo much better than the default style, at least in my oppinion

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7456

shinegamix

i have pretty gut insight and imagination so far i got the ones i liked and still love them today.

so that has never happened to me. what did happen was me missing the lottery date for miki

making my triumphant return

Amara77

For me it was Yoko. I generally prefer more mature styled heads. Although I was a Yoko fan ( I actually started watching Gurren Lagann because I loved Yoko's character design) the cute roundness of her cheeks wasn't my cup of tea. I initially liked the doll but thought I was safe. Then I made the mistake of continuously looking at pictures of her. I then started dreaming about her all the time. I NEEDED her to be mine!

Luckily with a friends help I was finally able to adopt her and I absolutely adore her!

She's my favorite girl, and I squee when I see her WAY more than I should

Edited by Guest

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

marionbearmaker

Definitely Melty. I could have tried lottery for her and all (I ordered my first DD from yj instead, which I don't regret on the other hand as I love my Reimu ^^) but I didn't like her at all, and I have no idea why, well probably the outfit that isn't at all my style... Now she is kinda out of reach...

Minuette

Biscotti was that girl for me. I just wasn't interested in her at all when I first saw her, and now she's definitely on my "must-own" list. She's turning in to a real unicorn for me, though, I can never find her, and when I do the price isn't right or I don't have enough. XD

Shailara

Hm, I don't think it has exactly happened as in 'from entirelly uniterested to unicorn'. I first didn't like DDs at all till I got more used to them and there were a few older ones I wasn't originally interested in (Like Rina? was it) and then wish I could own one, but nothing like I needed that sculpt then and there XD;

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Sekitan no Hashira

Mine would have to be Makinami Mari. http://www.volksusa.com/osaka6mari.html The first time I saw her was on the Volks website, when I was very young to the hobby, and I thought her face was sort of ugly. I haven't seen more than two or three owner photos of her, but I saw her on Y!J while browsing there, with no mods and the default faceup, and thought, "Holy crap! Is that the same doll?" So I went back to her Volks page, looked at the pictures more closely, and ended up really liking her. I don't know if my tastes changed or what, but someday, I SHALL HAVE HER.

Specializing in the art of being different, which is a polite way of saying "weird."

I do think I'm too young for this hobby…

galatia9

Saber! She's amazing.

Linda

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

oreii

For me, it's Saber Extra.

I had a choice of Mariko and Saber to buy for my first girl, but the first response I got was from the person selling Mariko's Student version. I just dismissed Saber because I wanted to turn Mariko into a custom girl, but that same night me and my boyfriend bossed through the entire series of Fate/Zero and now, I'm begging for her. I thought Saber was pretty before knowing her personality, but now I find her beautiful! I'll try my best to find a Saber Extra and customise her into Arturia Pendragon in her suit version.

I promised myself "only one expensive dolly"...now look at me. I haven't even finished off the layaway for my first girl and I'm already planning my next