Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Winterplane

First face-up!

Winterplane

So I got this head on ebay, I didn't really want her cheeks to have any blush and if I had to put any I wanted it to be a pale pink, but it was just kind of stuck there from a previous face up...

I kind of think I made the eyeliner super thick and I kept looking at her and I was like..your such a scene girl! XD I don't know why I made her eyebrows red it just kind of happened and I kind of like it, but the end s of them are uneven. Ahhh, I'm asking for critique and then blab on about what I think sorry!

[album]819[/album]

[album]818[/album]

[album]817[/album]

[album]816[/album]

[album]815[/album]

Even with all the drawing I've done creating a face I like, actually having the 3D object is so different!

Sorry that last one is blurry. I can't get over how huge her ears are XD

Edited by Guest

Amber

Aw, I wish the pictures were bigger. Maybe it is on a setting that makes the pictures small?

From what I can see, she looks really cute! I like the eyes they're very vibrant. I think her thick eyeliner is cute and kind of makes me feel like she just has really nice dark eyelashes, hahaha.

Winterplane
Aw, I wish the pictures were bigger. Maybe it is on a setting that makes the pictures small?

From what I can see, she looks really cute! I like the eyes they're very vibrant. I think her thick eyeliner is cute and kind of makes me feel like she just has really nice dark eyelashes, hahaha.

I just uploaded some bigger pictures if you click on them they should open in a tab. ^^

Thank you so much for your thoughts! She will be a head for a really long time, which is funny because I've made so many skirts for her XD

HimeNeko

Hi, so first of all, I must say that I'm sort of a perfectionist so please don't let me upset you xD Also, I am no proffesional faceup artist.

So.... Now I shall start. xD

Well, for starters, you did a pretty good job with your faceup. But I personally would make the eyebrows somewhat thinner, because if you notice for example Volks faceups, the eyebrows are always considerably thin. But that's just a matter of personal opinions. (But once again, eyebrows are usually the hardest part of a faceup for me.)

Anyway, moving on. The eyes are ok, but definitely practise drawing lines on paper and dolls. Once you get your hand steady, it'll go much smoother, and I can guarantee as much.

On to the blushing. I would make the blushing slightly lighter but covering more space. But once again, that's a matter of opinions and how you want the overal appearance of the doll to be.

For the mouth I don't have anything to add, because there really isn't much to a DD mouth, unless you want her to have a dose of lipstick on her mouth or something xD

So to make long short, this faceup is definitely good for your very first one, and above I only listed a short long list of things that could make your faceup even better next time. Also, remember, practise makes perfect.

On temporary hiatus.

Home: Charlotte (DDS Mayu)

Saving: currently none

Winterplane

Thank you for your tips HimeNeko!

Yeah, the eyebrows are pretty huge but to me I like how they can have more shape because its not just a thin line.

The eyes were hard for me to make even, when I first received her I was like wow, vinyl is a lot harder than I expected and then drawing on something that is not flat like paper felt weird xD.

The thing with the blushing is that my plan was for her not to have any or just have a blush that was maybe a little more pink or a light tan color, but she had a previous face-up from the person I got her from and the blush they did was lines and it got stained on some so I had to put some over it, so that's why its all in a little circle.

muzzimitsu

A very cute littel face up , for your first I think its reallly pretty.

The eyebrows are a bit too thick, but that said, the previous speaker already .