The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Obsidian_Shadow

What body suits and wig caps should I buy?

Obsidian_Shadow

Hi there,

I am extremely new to the community, and I don't really know where to proceed with getting body suits and wig caps. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Asuna, my first Dollfie! I've been doing some research as to stain protection, but there are a lot of options. I am planning on getting a body suit for Asuna (probably a full body one from Coolcat), but I don't know whether to go with a white one or a skin color one. Which ones do you prefer? I'm kinda leaning toward the white, but I don't know how it'll affect the way her outfit looks.

I also don't know what to do about a wig cap. Is Asuna's wig prone to staining? Are cloth or silicon caps better? Is there anything else I should look in to for protecting my new girl? I'm really excited about getting her!

Thanks in advance!

Amber

I think the color of the body suit should be chosen by what kind of style of clothing you have for your girl. For example if you have a lot of "revealing" outfits, you'd probably want to go with the nude/skin colored body suit. It would make it look a bit more natural and not so noticeable. However if a lot of your outfits have a "layering" kind of look, then perhaps the white body suit would just look like one of the layers... Such as a sweatshirt or an undershirt type of effect.

Silicone wig caps do not prevent staining, the color goes straight through them. However the cloth wig caps do help to prevent staining. They've actually saved me a few times with my darker colored wigs. I do not have an Asuna, but I believe she has fairly dark hair... So I am going to assume that her wig cap will be dark-ish as well. I'm sure someone else can say whether or not her wig stains, but I would just go under the assumption that it's very likely.

Obsidian_Shadow
I think the color of the body suit should be chosen by what kind of style of clothing you have for your girl. For example if you have a lot of "revealing" outfits, you'd probably want to go with the nude/skin colored body suit. It would make it look a bit more natural and not so noticeable. However if a lot of your outfits have a "layering" kind of look, then perhaps the white body suit would just look like one of the layers... Such as a sweatshirt or an undershirt type of effect.

Silicone wig caps do not prevent staining, the color goes straight through them. However the cloth wig caps do help to prevent staining. They've actually saved me a few times with my darker colored wigs. I do not have an Asuna, but I believe she has fairly dark hair... So I am going to assume that her wig cap will be dark-ish as well. I'm sure someone else can say whether or not her wig stains, but I would just go under the assumption that it's very likely.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I honestly might just get both types of each...

Bloodflower

I may add that silicon wigcaps are good to keep the wig on the doll without the risk of it slipping off. The caps may also help if the wig is slightly too big but still fits the doll. Some people(including myself) uses the combination of both cloth and silicon cap on their dolls. Please notice though, that silicon caps makes the wig look more "fluffy" since they are pretty thick compared to cloth caps.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

Amber
I may add that silicon wigcaps are good to keep the wig on the doll without the risk of it slipping off. The caps may also help if the wig is slightly too big but still fits the doll. Some people(including myself) uses the combination of both cloth and silicon cap on their dolls. Please notice though, that silicon caps makes the wig look more "fluffy" since they are pretty thick compared to cloth caps.

This is very true, but you could also get this: http://www.volksusa.com/matlst0004.html which also helps with preventing the wig from moving around. I think that the silicone would probably work better since it'd be a lot thicker, but that might make the wig look differently than you wanted.

Obsidian_Shadow

I'll definitely be getting some of that! thanks for the tip!

Amber

No problem. ^__^ Looking forward to seeing pics of your girl~

Obsidian_Shadow

No problem. ^__^ Looking forward to seeing pics of your girl~

I'm looking forward to taking photos of her! I'm a fairly scrub-tier photographer but hopefully I can learn some things when she arrives.