Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
redxmaverick

Prepping My First DD

redxmaverick

Good day!

I just received my very first DD today. The lovely Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters.

I hear many things about clothes staining the DD body so my friend recommended the simple technique of using vinegar and water to rinse out any extra dye. But with Mai's kunoichi outfit, its a combination of white and red. I'm afraid the red dye will run off and get stuck to the white. I don't want to use a body stocking because Mai's outfit reveals much of her sexy curves is meant for mobility as she is a kunoichi so the stocking would look very weird.

The bangs on Mai's wig seems to be stiff. Looks like starch or glue? The tips of her bangs are clumped together. Do you think a quick soak in cold/hot(?) water should do the trick like with regular clothes?

Thank you very much for your time.

baldylox

Hey there! Congrats on getting a Mai, she's lovely! I have one too and I agree that her outfit is awesomely sexy... er... fit for mobility.

And her default outfit WILL stain her so do not leave it on her for more than a couple of hours. The red areas WILL leave stains on her for sure. Also, do NOT try the vinegar soaking treatment on her outfit because just as you fear, the red WILL stain the white areas of the outfit. I didn't do it to mine but I have a friend who did and now her default is red and pink.

I don't blame you for not wanting to have a body stocking on her with her default set because that really takes away from the look it's supposed to have. As long as you don't keep her wearing it for more than a couple of hours at a time, you should be fine. So if all you have is her default outfit, you'll need to buy her other clothes to wear while not in the default.

As for her wig, the bangs are set using heat but you can keep them looking like they're supposed to by using Volks Wig Wax. It's a water based wax that helps keep the wig hair in place. Since her character design has her hair set like this, Volks also made her wig like that. If you're wanting to change it, you MAY be able to if you use a hairdryer on it. But I wouldn't risk damaging the wig by doing that. I'm guessing you don't like the look of the bangs on it? I have no idea if the hot and cold water thing will work as I've never tried it but it might be safer than using a hairdryer.

Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Jezrah

If you want to wash her wig, be veeeeeery gentle. Since it's in a ponytail, it can get flyaways easily. Here's a tutorial for washing a wig. You don't have to use Volks brand wig wash though. I got some synthetic hair shampoo from a Sally Beauty and it works fine.

I will say that I washed Neris' s default wig once, which has a braid. I had to rebraid it after I washed it, but it had already been a bit messy beforehand. I can't stress enough that if you decide to wash Mai's wig, you have to be careful, and you may still get some flyaways. So it's up to you.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

redxmaverick

I couldn't wait so I put Mai's outfit on. I thought the the day would be fine. Left Mai it it since this morning, so 7 hours. Then I read badlylox's post and immediately ran to remove her outfit. xD I can see very minor pinkish red on the her back where her upper body and lower body connect. So the area where you would tie around her sash. Nothing very serious. I found some nice outfits I planned on purchasing too.

I saw in a video someone using like masking tape or some kind of tape to line the inside of DD clothes. I might try it.

Not so much the hardness is bothering me but the wig has a hard crease horizontally across her bangs. Like the bangs were folded in half. Doesn't look natural. I'm only looking to fix her bangs to look more natural. So trying to get the kinks out of the hair. But I'll try to wash it, see what happens.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply badlylox and Jezrah~