Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mokonamodoki

Should I Replace Default Eyes ASAP?

mokonamodoki

Hi! I'm a new DD owner and I've been reading a bunch of stuff tutorials online about how to replace a DD's eyes because I have extra eyes and will eventually swap the default ones out, though I don't plan on doing so anytime soon. However, one of the tutorials mentioned that it's a good idea to at least remove the hot glue Volks uses for the default eyes because it leaves a lot of residue in the head.

So, should I bump up replacing my DD's eyes?

Side question: My wallet took a big hit from her so other than the official eye putty, what other materials can I use? I read that kneaded erasers are ok to use, but are there any drawbacks to it? I don't want to affect the head since it's the part that I can't replace.

Thanks!

misskale

Silicone ear plugs are good to use. Macks clear silicone plugs are around $11 for 12 pairs.

I don't think you need to rush getting them out. I've had less of a residue issue from older heads than from the newer ones I have.

Aile

while I'm not sure if this counts, but I asked a similar question over at another forum and they tell me blutak (blue tack? not sure how you spell it lol ) is a good alternative. I'm not sure if it would stain or cause any effect on your dolls tho ;;

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

mokonamodoki
Silicone ear plugs are good to use. Macks clear silicone plugs are around $11 for 12 pairs.

I don't think you need to rush getting them out. I've had less of a residue issue from older heads than from the newer ones I have.

Thanks!

Ah, the one I got is a new one, so should I remove it? Since you said that the newer ones had more of an issue than older ones. The one I got is a KOS-MOS. XD

while I'm not sure if this counts, but I asked a similar question over at another forum and they tell me blutak (blue tack? not sure how you spell it lol ) is a good alternative. I'm not sure if it would stain or cause any effect on your dolls tho ;;

Thank you! ^^ More options are good, since I don't know what's available in the stores where I live. XD

Bloodflower

Any tack other than white will usually stain the head because of the oils in it. So if this is like grey tack then I wouldn't recommend it.

Silicon ear plugs are common use. White tack without any oils that leave residues and stains are also commonly used.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

jadepixel

I've gotten some older dolls who had their original eyes still glued in. The eyes are easy to remove if you place the head in a freezer for about 15 minutes. The glue becomes stiff and you can pop it out easily. I haven't had any residue or damaged eyes this way.

mokonamodoki

Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the silicon ear plugs.

mokonamodoki
I've gotten some older dolls who had their original eyes still glued in. The eyes are easy to remove if you place the head in a freezer for about 15 minutes. The glue becomes stiff and you can pop it out easily. I haven't had any residue or damaged eyes this way.

Thanks, I'll try that when I change the eyes up! I'll probably leave the default one for now.

gaiaswill

Actually, it depends on what kind of eyes you are putting in. If they're also silicone/soft glass themselves, I've heard the silicone ear plugs will kind of meld into them or cloud them or something.

If the eyes are glass or acrylic, then there should be no problem.

mokonamodoki
Actually, it depends on what kind of eyes you are putting in. If they're also silicone/soft glass themselves, I've heard the silicone ear plugs will kind of meld into them or cloud them or something.

If the eyes are glass or acrylic, then there should be no problem.

Not sure what the material is, but it's a Volks animetic pair of eyes.

gaiaswill

Animetics are acrylic. You're fine.

mokonamodoki
Animetics are acrylic. You're fine.

Thanks!

(Yeah, it kinda makes sense that if the eyes also contain silicone that the ear plugs would meld with them. Especially in hotter climates.)