MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mokonamodoki

Greetings from Atlantic Canada ♪

mokonamodoki

Hello everyone!

I recently got my first girl, KOS-MOS.

I've been thinking of getting a DD for a year or so, but haven't seen one that I really liked. Then I somehow saw the announcement that Volks was making KOS-MOS. A year later and she's home with me!

Being a first-time owner is a bit daunting. I didn't really know what to do after I opened the box. I wanted to put her outfit on immediately, but remembered that dark clothing can stain her. So I tried searching for stores, wanting to get an outfit that I could leave on her (at least most of the time), but I didn't know what size would fit her best. I eventually found my way here and found my answers. I also asked a couple of questions in some threads. Got fast and really helpful replies. ^^

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm really liking it here and I hope to get to know you guys!

Amber

Hi~ Welcome. Congrats on getting your first girl, KOS-MOS. She's a really pretty girl. ^__^ I'm glad you found this forum useful to you.

chiseen

Welcome!

Congrats on your first girl! I would love to see some photos of her ^^

Yes, the staining thing can seen quite scary as stain removal can be a pain and not always take out all the stain completely.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum~

mokonamodoki
Hi~ Welcome. Congrats on getting your first girl, KOS-MOS. She's a really pretty girl. ^__^ I'm glad you found this forum useful to you.

Thank you! Yeah, this forum has been such a great help! ^^

mokonamodoki
Welcome!

Congrats on your first girl! I would love to see some photos of her ^^

Yes, the staining thing can seen quite scary as stain removal can be a pain and not always take out all the stain completely.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum~

Thanks!

Yeah, I wanted to play it safe. XD

I'll take some pictures once her new clothes arrive. I don't have time right now to put her in her full outfit. Also, I don't have access to posting images yet so I'll have to wait for that too.

I'll definitely post them when I get a chance to! ^^

mokonamodoki

Got some pics of her on my tumblr (daily-sahja.tumblr), but I can't post them here yet because img is still disabled for me XD

(Can't post URLs either, even if it says is ON on the sidebar...)

Katiazza

Hello and welcome to the forums ^_^

Everyone is really friendly here and there's lots of info available. I'm pretty new to the DD world myself (had my first girl for roughly 8 months now ) but I'm loving every second of it!

By the way, what area are you from? I live in Halifax myself. There's so few people from the area that share an interest that it's exciting to see new people joining the fun

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

mokonamodoki
Hello and welcome to the forums ^_^

Everyone is really friendly here and there's lots of info available. I'm pretty new to the DD world myself (had my first girl for roughly 8 months now ) but I'm loving every second of it!

By the way, what area are you from? I live in Halifax myself. There's so few people from the area that share an interest that it's exciting to see new people joining the fun

Aww, thanks! I'm in Halifax too!

I'm really enjoying having my DD, but I wish clothes aren't so hard to find and aren't so expensive. There are so many outfits I've found online, but they're mostly for Super Dollfies or similar dolls, and I have no way of knowing if it will fit KOS-MOS because of her Shapely-L bust.

Guest Aurea

I'm really enjoying having my DD, but I wish clothes aren't so hard to find and aren't so expensive. There are so many outfits I've found online, but they're mostly for Super Dollfies or similar dolls, and I have no way of knowing if it will fit KOS-MOS because of her Shapely-L bust.

First off congrats on Kos-Mos

Second for clothing:

This is where I was having issues outside of custom tailored stuff name brand stuff can be pricey. Try checking out:

http://nightfallwalker.web.fc2.com/frame.htm

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=185695&Part=bjd08

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=dollfie%20dream&order=most_relevant&ship_to=US

http://www.acbjd.com/

These were a few sites with nice affordable clothes(some even custom tailored to fit) and were recommended by friendly DD users here

Ayuuya

Aa~ Hello fellow Canadian~

Congratulations on getting KOS-MOS! She's a gorgeous girl~

Katiazza

Hmm well I can't help with the fit issue since I only have medium chested girls, but I know a lot of Super Dollfie clothes will fit DD's. I definitely understand the expense issue for clothing as well. I've spent a small fortune on just a few outfits. But I guess no one ever said it would be an inexpensive hobby! I think my biggest issue for the expense of clothing comes from shoes (since most cost doll shoes cost more than what I pay for my own...).

If you ever wanted to meet up I could bring some of my clothing along for your Kos-Mos to try out And I have a few wigs if you wanted to see what other colours or styles were like. I never actually thought I would find someone else local so it would be kind of cool to meet you

Also, did you give Kos another name? Or will she keep Kos-Mos? Have you given her a character at all? I know a lot of people do but some don't. I fall somewhere in the middle.

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

mokonamodoki

Hmm well I can't help with the fit issue since I only have medium chested girls, but I know a lot of Super Dollfie clothes will fit DD's. I definitely understand the expense issue for clothing as well. I've spent a small fortune on just a few outfits. But I guess no one ever said it would be an inexpensive hobby! I think my biggest issue for the expense of clothing comes from shoes (since most cost doll shoes cost more than what I pay for my own...).

If you ever wanted to meet up I could bring some of my clothing along for your Kos-Mos to try out And I have a few wigs if you wanted to see what other colours or styles were like. I never actually thought I would find someone else local so it would be kind of cool to meet you

Also, did you give Kos another name? Or will she keep Kos-Mos? Have you given her a character at all? I know a lot of people do but some don't. I fall somewhere in the middle.

Yeah. I can probably make dresses for her, but shoes are another thing. The dress she's wearing now was something I made over a couple of days. I still need to put a zipper on it, but the ribbon does the job for now. I bought a pair of shoes from Leekeworld, but I haven't really them on her because of two little black things inside the shoes that I'm afraid might stain her (I guess they hold the sole to the shoe?).

Meeting up would be fun, but I'm really scared of bringing her anywhere and am overly protective (no one in the house gets to touch her and I wear gloves, lol). Maybe when I get a carry bag for her. Thank you though! It'd be awesome to see her in other outfits!

And speaking of wigs, this sculpt has another problem: her tiny head. Even her default wig goes over her ears when I put them on. I've been able to figure out a way not to do that and not have her bangs cover her face, but it's a delicate balance most of the time. XD I've seen some solutions and the one I'd like to do eventually is to swap the headcap... when I have some spare cash to buy a blank head... XD Which won't be for a long time because my priority is shoes and clothes. Haha!

I'm kind of in the middle too. I've named her Sahja after my FFXIV:ARR character... because coming up with names is bleh, but I still call her KOS-MOS most of the time.

Edited by Guest

mokonamodoki
Aa~ Hello fellow Canadian~

Congratulations on getting KOS-MOS! She's a gorgeous girl~

Hello! ^o^/

Thank you!

mokonamodoki

First off congrats on Kos-Mos

Second for clothing:

This is where I was having issues outside of custom tailored stuff name brand stuff can be pricey. Try checking out:

[Edited to remove links because I can't pose those...]

These were a few sites with nice affordable clothes(some even custom tailored to fit) and were recommended by friendly DD users here

Nice! Thank you So far the ones I really want are all Volks, expensive, and more importantly... out of stock... >.> I'll try these sites out though!

mokonamodoki

Yay, I can finally post images! ^^

Here is my girl:

tumblr_n3daj7BkUA1tvjmz6o1_1280.png

Katiazza
Yay, I can finally post images! ^^

Here is my girl:

tumblr_n3daj7BkUA1tvjmz6o1_1280.png

Oh I really love Sahja in that blond wig! I normally prefer fantasy colours but I like the blond even more than her original blue colour ~

I think Sahja is a nice name for her, very different and original. And if it doesn't ever end up sticking, oh well, she'll be Kos-Mos after all

I've made a lot of clothing for my girls but so far nothing comes close to the quality of Volks' outfits. They're so expensive but they're worth it to me. The details and fit are just so perfect that I couldn't imagine making something quite that good myself even though I've been sewing for a while (and have made my own cosplays before). I don't mind paying top dollar for the outfits but I'm still trying to come to terms with the shoes

Speaking of shoes, if you put socks on with the shoes from Leeke that should prevent any stains. I've made socks myself and so far they are the only thing I would make before I bought them (unless I can't find a certain pattern). I think that dress is very cute as well, did you knit (or crochet?) it yourself?

I forgot about her small head! I remember seeing the new head cap fix on the boards here. I'm surprised even her default wig is too big!

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

Ayuuya

Oh wow, Sahja is gorgeous in that blonde wig ♥

mokonamodoki

Oh I really love Sahja in that blond wig! I normally prefer fantasy colours but I like the blond even more than her original blue colour ~

I think Sahja is a nice name for her, very different and original. And if it doesn't ever end up sticking, oh well, she'll be Kos-Mos after all

I've made a lot of clothing for my girls but so far nothing comes close to the quality of Volks' outfits. They're so expensive but they're worth it to me. The details and fit are just so perfect that I couldn't imagine making something quite that good myself even though I've been sewing for a while (and have made my own cosplays before). I don't mind paying top dollar for the outfits but I'm still trying to come to terms with the shoes

Speaking of shoes, if you put socks on with the shoes from Leeke that should prevent any stains. I've made socks myself and so far they are the only thing I would make before I bought them (unless I can't find a certain pattern). I think that dress is very cute as well, did you knit (or crochet?) it yourself?

I forgot about her small head! I remember seeing the new head cap fix on the boards here. I'm surprised even her default wig is too big!

I love both colors but this wig seems to fit the outfit more than her blue hair. ^^

I'm considering getting something from Volks, but I'm trying to balance timing (since they go out of stock real fast) and finding something I really want (to justify spending that amount).

Haha, thank you, I did make it (crochet) ^^ I'm thinking of making socks, but I'll have to figure out how, since it will be more form fitting. The dress I just made up. It was more or less gotta make it wider for the bust, narrower for the waist, oh, gotta widen it again... XD Probably made a bunch of mistakes, since the last time I ever made anything was years ago, lol.

mokonamodoki
Oh wow, Sahja is gorgeous in that blonde wig ♥

Thanks! I knew I wanted something light because I didn't want to worry about staining, but you never know how it will look until you try it on so I just crossed my fingers and hit add to cart. Haha!