Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SydiaYuki

First DDS -MDD- DD dresses and clothes-work in progress-

SydiaYuki

Hi, i'm making my first EVER dress for Pharaviel's Alba , she'll be my model and main "client" for this little experiment of mine.

I'll udpate the topic with the work in progress photos of the dress, actually it's far from being perfect being my first dress for bjd, i'm kind of seamstress for humans but never sewn myself a dress for a doll in my life for what i can remember, but i hope to be able to do some more and to become better with time.

I've started making a little paper-tape dummy of Alba (a DDS with a M bust) with Pharaviel help, then i've cut ot the pieces of the basic shapes for the bust and traced the pieces on pattern-paper (tracing paper i think it's the best translation) to mod them to create the dress.

After that i've pinned the patterns on a greyish blue cotton fabric i had around from a dress i've made some time ago and started cutting and sewing, adjusting imperfections and changing some particulars ongoing.

So far i got this (thanks to Alba for posing and Pharaviel for the quick shots with her posing)

https://db.tt/iCPybdNk

https://db.tt/g2xbjblW

https://db.tt/AmPHNwPe

There are many things to do still, obviously i'll line the dress with white cotton fabric since i don't want little Alba to get stained, and i'm making a petticoat too to put under the dress (maybe i'll add also sleeves), and much more..

Edited by Guest

****** My Custom DD outfits shop ******My Custom Faceups shop ******

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

Meghan-chan

For your first bjd dress, it's looking pretty good.

I have to ask though, what are the white threads poking out at the base of the dress and the sleeves?

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Mizuki ~ SQ Lab/MDD hybrid

Waiting on: None

LOOKING FOR:​ MDD Ratwuni/Latune (Purple hair and dress)

SydiaYuki

I have to ask though, what are the white threads poking out at the base of the dress and the sleeves?

Thank you very much!

The white thread it's a basting thread it's used (for what i was taught at a course i attended) for sewing pieces before sewing permanently them with sewing machine or handsew them , also i use it to trace the pattern pieces on the fabric (more durable than chalk)

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

Meghan-chan

Thank you very much!

The white thread it's a basting thread it's used (for what i was taught at a course i attended) for sewing pieces before sewing permanently them with sewing machine or handsew them , also i use it to trace the pattern pieces on the fabric (more durable than chalk)

You're welcome

I've never heard of basting thread but it sounds amazing and I will defiantly have to get some

Have you gotten farther on the dress yet?

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

SydiaYuki

You're welcome

I've never heard of basting thread but it sounds amazing and I will defiantly have to get some

Have you gotten farther on the dress yet?

Yeah, i use it widely in my projects, it's a pretty thick , so you don't lose pieces around the house, and it's perfect for basting since is very cheap and comes in big measurements (i needed at least 12-13 human garments, dresses etc to finish my first basting thread ) . Also basting things with thread it's a bit more time consuming but , for me , much more practical respect pinning pieces in place, because they don't change positions while moving , or slip away.

Unfortunately i hadn't time to work on the dress much more, i've prepared a white tulle and polyestere/cotton mix petticoat to go under the dress itself , but in parallel i'm working on a doll carrier for Alba, and since she's been shipped to Bellatrix to have her face-up done i've lost my main model.

In the while i'm also at the moment taking some commissions for human-size cosplay so i think the dress will have less attention, for now Thank you for your interest!

Girls at home:

Meghan-chan

Yeah, i use it widely in my projects, it's a pretty thick , so you don't lose pieces around the house, and it's perfect for basting since is very cheap and comes in big measurements (i needed at least 12-13 human garments, dresses etc to finish my first basting thread ) . Also basting things with thread it's a bit more time consuming but , for me , much more practical respect pinning pieces in place, because they don't change positions while moving , or slip away.

Unfortunately i hadn't time to work on the dress much more, i've prepared a white tulle and polyestere/cotton mix petticoat to go under the dress itself , but in parallel i'm working on a doll carrier for Alba, and since she's been shipped to Bellatrix to have her face-up done i've lost my main model.

In the while i'm also at the moment taking some commissions for human-size cosplay so i think the dress will have less attention, for now Thank you for your interest!

Sounds amazing!! I deff need some!

I can't wait to see the dress, things are always better after having to wait for them , and also your doll carrier sounds interesting!

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

pharaviel

things are always better after having to wait for them

Sydia does't really works this way: I bougth her some present and she asked me the content until I spoilered her one of the two.

The cheapest/smallest, off course

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Meghan-chan

things are always better after having to wait for them

Sydia does't really works this way: I bougth her some present and she asked me the content until I spoilered her one of the two.

The cheapest/smallest, off course

I'm actually the same, although I'm trying to get better at it

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

SydiaYuki

I can't wait to see the dress, things are always better after having to wait for them , and also your doll carrier sounds interesting!

Aww thank you!

I'm curious too to see how the dress will come out, in the meanwhile Pharaviel has bought me a lovely DD2 white body and a 06 head so now i have a new model for my creations and as soon as i finish those urgent cosplay's commissions i will have to provide my girl some dresses and a doll carrier too for her

Girls at home:

Meghan-chan

Aww thank you!

I'm curious too to see how the dress will come out, in the meanwhile Pharaviel has bought me a lovely DD2 white body and a 06 head so now i have a new model for my creations and as soon as i finish those urgent cosplay's commissions i will have to provide my girl some dresses and a doll carrier too for her

You're welcome ^_^

Sweet! It's always nice to have diffesrent body types, gives you a chance to work with multiple styles

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

SydiaYuki

Since i'm working on various projects i changed the topic name in a more "generic" one and today i'm showing my first MDD underwear , expecially created for Pharaviel's Bianca , waiting for some photos of the petticoat i created for his Clara

Bianca seems pretty happy of her new pair of panties

hgugDPGC

i1SYikVO

Girls at home:

Rumiko

She's showing her underwear!!!!!!

Lol

Cute undies *__*

SydiaYuki
She's showing her underwear!!!!!!

Lol

Cute undies *__*

Yeah she wanted Pharaviel to see the result since she's at my home at the moment

Thank you, i have to adjust the pattern a bit but it's not THAT bad

Girls at home:

Amara77

You did a really good job! I have trouble getting those small edges to look nice. Any tips?

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

SydiaYuki
You did a really good job! I have trouble getting those small edges to look nice. Any tips?

Thank you!

Maybe i can help, what do you mean exactly with "I have trouble getting those small edges to look nice" ? If you mean the edge/hem is not regular probably it's cause of the fabric, i used a medium weight white lycra for the panties , so that the fabric doesn't fray when cut, and i added at least 4-5 mm of seam allowance cutting the piece , more than the pattern edge so that when sewing the hem (folding the excess fabric in the inner part of the garment) the edge would be clean on the outside.

I've seen some tutorial online (like the one Jadepixel has in her wonderful blog http://www.jadepixeldoll.com/pattern-for-mdd-panties/) and to sew these i used the same walkthrough:

1) placed the pattern on fabric, pin it

2) cut the fabric adding 4-5 mm all around, sign the edge of the pattern and then remove it (i use basting thread to trace the patterns on fabric)

3) folded the fabric on the 2 sides of the panties (to create the hem) , basted them and then sew with sewing machine (i used a straight stitch and not a zig-zag one since my machine was not cooperating on doing zig zag on a such little space )

4)fold the garment to match the 2 sides, basted and sewn

5)fold the fabric to create the superior hem, basted and sewn

5) created the little ribbon and hand-sewn it to the panties

It's pretty easy i would say

Girls at home:

SydiaYuki

Here we have and update!

Got to finish this little gilet for Pharaviel's Bianca (MDDII) , based on some tutorials and patterns found on the forum and online.

Blue 100% cotton (pre-washed before working) with little 3mm white buttons and white thread (the garmen has not been lined with white linen since will go on a dress/shirt).

Bianca always very cooperative on posing as model and happy for new things to be added to her wardrobe

4fFrZNwM

jEXCrEfs

n4xzJAgd

U5oGBNi7

Girls at home:

SydiaYuki
Bianca is so spoiled

Well , i would say loved

Poor little she has near to no outfit, so at least i'm working on my spare time between commissions to dress her properly, this time i added a little white plain dress, with lycra, which i'll add more particulars soon , i hope

2Qm5C0n1

Girls at home:

Fayoka
Bianca is so spoiled

Well , i would say loved

Poor little she has near to no outfit, so at least i'm working on my spare time between commissions to dress her properly, this time i added a little white plain dress, with lycra, which i'll add more particulars soon , i hope...

Did you do this using the pattern you helped me find? I must say, it looks really good! Congratulations with your success here~ ^^

SydiaYuki

Did you do this using the pattern you helped me find? I must say, it looks really good! Congratulations with your success here~ ^^

Yes, both the dress and the blue vest , i altered it a bit the vest pattern in some points , while for the dress there are major changes obviously , i'm a seamstress for "humans" so it's not that difficult to alter a pattern once the base pattern is good Thank you for your compliments!

Girls at home:

Fayoka

Yes, both the dress and the blue vest , i altered it a bit the vest pattern in some points , while for the dress there are major changes obviously , i'm a seamstress for "humans" so it's not that difficult to alter a pattern once the base pattern is good Thank you for your compliments!

I don't supposed you've saved the changed pattern? If you have and don't mind sending it my way I'd love to see it! ( I would still be making changes in the long run anyway. ) I just need something to be more form fitted at the top like in yours rather than lose! If you aren't comfortable sharing/didn't save it, it's completely fine and I understand! >W< I already appreciate the tons of help you've given already!

SydiaYuki

I don't supposed you've saved the changed pattern? If you have and don't mind sending it my way I'd love to see it! ( I would still be making changes in the long run anyway. ) I just need something to be more form fitted at the top like in yours rather than lose! If you aren't comfortable sharing/didn't save it, it's completely fine and I understand! >W< I already appreciate the tons of help you've given already!

Unfortunately i was really in a hurry when i sewed the vest and the dress so i lost the altered patterns while working. However the vest has been changed only to add 5 mm on the front to have the fabric to overlap and close the vest with small snaps buttons and minor mods here and there, so it should be not loose on the top even straight from the original pattern

Girls at home:

Fayoka

Unfortunately i was really in a hurry when i sewed the vest and the dress so i lost the altered patterns while working. However the vest has been changed only to add 5 mm on the front to have the fabric to overlap and close the vest with small snaps buttons and minor mods here and there, so it should be not loose on the top even straight from the original pattern

Thanks then! Sorry to bother you~ I'll give that a try! xD