Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Bubbles

New Anime Style Doll Company - 2D Doll

elsii
Forgive me, what is the issue with the leg you have? Looks like the v.2 body has different knee joints to the v.1 so maybe it is something to do with that?

Well it's not really a problem, I just notice it more since my boyfriend keeps pointing out her legs bend back a lot at the knee. The legs are very beautiful to me, but from the side it can look kinda odd, as her legs curve back a bit (very similar to the Fairyland Minifee's cutie legs).

Sadly I don't have a photo of it and she's currently in another location. Here's a couple maybe that can give you the idea?

18762290966_72ef3f12df.jpg

18788913885_e5bf87ac6e.jpg

Ah I think I see, that's not a bad thing at all! I was thinking something more major. Thanks for sharing your cutie pie ❤️

gingerchu

I am quite taken with these dolls and just found out today that 2D Doll is running a special where if you buy a 1/3 or 1/4 doll you get a nude 1/6 for free. That's BOGO for dolls!!! My only hesitation is I can't find a lot of 2D Doll owners. Anyone here have the new version 2 body? If so, how does it pose? From the body measurements it looks as though it's similar in size to a DDy.

crappyshappyshaw
I am quite taken with these dolls and just found out today that 2D Doll is running a special where if you buy a 1/3 or 1/4 doll you get a nude 1/6 for free. That's BOGO for dolls!!! My only hesitation is I can't find a lot of 2D Doll owners. Anyone here have the new version 2 body? If so, how does it pose? From the body measurements it looks as though it's similar in size to a DDy.

While I don't have the new body (though I soon plan on getting one!), I believe they are smaller in stature and size than the ver1 body. The first body doesn't fit DDdy measurements that well other than in the butt area, so I assume ver2 would fit best in regular Sd13/10 sized clothes.

Aquarina

I´m -lurkerly- waiting impatiently for new owners of 2D girls sharing pictures (especially of the first body, I´m dying for getting a doll with that body). I must say that I´m not a huge fan of anime faces, but Brownie is slowly stealing my heart.

Gunter

If anyone is ever ordering Mumu and is like "I don't want to order the axe" Please by all means contact me. I am so sad that I can't buy it separately!

Funny thing is I like I'm just not wanting to throw the funds out for the full doll right now though.

crappyshappyshaw

18824502839_b836f9e5f3.jpg

UPDATE for that side shot

I was looking through their stock pics and comparing my standing front, back, and partial side photos and mine's knees seem to go in a little more than their photos, so maybe she's just in need of a restringing? :0

yokha

Actually brownie was perfect for sonico custom base, I kinda want her now.

I'm really digging their Dora. I love the eyes.

ChuChuGuru

I really like Shaya. Her face is really odd looking but in a cute dopey way

DD Family:...

On the Way Home:

Saving for: ???

crappyshappyshaw

Reviving this thread because I need to see more of your 2D cuties!

I gave my girl a new faceup this March, just keep forgetting to post here >_<

25996625001_d5540c03d3_z.jpg

25459813874_34b8739df4.jpg

28297761331_6df78440ae_z.jpg

28297737521_ab9057f3a8_z.jpg

27760768743_9b87edaa8a_z.jpg

Her second year with me just passed, and I'm so happy to have kept her Feels much longer than it actually is, lol!

• Like 2

Ajahli

aww!! I love seeing different anime style dolls. I love their legs too!

Does anyone know the head cirbleepference of the 1/4 dolls? It isn't listed so I wasn't sure if it was the same as the 1/3 dolls or if they were smaller?

Shailara

Considering how it looks on the body, I'm going to guess it's a regular MSD head 7-8 inches.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

doll-mage

I just found this thread! XD

I currently have a 1/4 boy and a 1/6 (chibi?) from 2D Doll. I did a mini review when I got them, and took lots of photos and did a resin comparison with the NS Pink: http://attlebridge.tumblr.com/post/131118450023/doll-review-2d-doll

I have a 1/4 girl on the type 2 body on order. I'll do a review for her when she arrives.

Starwaia

2D Doll is discontinuing most (all?) of their anime style dolls at the end of this month!

http://www.acbjd.com/2d-doll-event-discontinue-on-dec31st-c-394_1218.html

This is Big Sad, I had kept a couple in mind and one I definitely would have wanted, but I already have a layaway going for a Frappzilla doll so I should probably keep it to just the one. Always wanted to make Miu a terrifying subversion of the catgirl concept and Pakhar was going to be a butch trickster of sorts... guess I have til the 31st to consider tho.

The problem with the more obscure companies (like Doll-Love, another one with fairly unique sculpts and a distinct style- RIP) is that any discontinued sculpts probably aren't super common on the secondhand market if not many have bought them in the first place. Also catch me kicking myself I didn't support them when I could- the discontinuations may be due to aforementioned unpopularity ^^; at the very least had I known I would have rearranged my priorities a little.

Edited by Starwaia
clarification

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

crappyshappyshaw
18 hours ago, Starwaia said:

2D Doll is discontinuing most (all?) of their anime style dolls at the end of this month!

http://www.acbjd.com/2d-doll-event-discontinue-on-dec31st-c-394_1218.html

Nooo! This is so unfortunate. I sold the body of my Xiao Ai a while ago and was starting to regret it. I guess this is a sign? Maybe I should get another sculpt too, so she has a company friend. I just wish the joints weren't so slippery.