The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kinjiru

Real Life Persocom - Computer inside DD?

Kinjiru

So this may sound a little out there to some of you, but I am a technology and robotics student so it's just how my brain works. I was captured by the anime chobits which presented computers shaped like cute anime girls. So I had the idea of putting a micro computer inside a dollfie dream, installing a speaker and microphone in the head, and running some sort of AI program and speech synthesis so that she could talk and communicate. It may be a little out there, and right now it's just an idea. A computer like a MK802 would easily be able to fit since it's about the size of a thumb drive. The biggest concern would be heat, i'm not sure how hot they get. The end goal would be to convert the DD in to something like a persocom. I would add the jacks to the "ears" and everything, that's where the mini hdmi port would be to plug into a monitor.

Would love some opinions on this, right now it's just been bouncing around in my head.

Oni-Chan

Android /persocom Dollfies seem to be the hype / on the up n up recently. I'd love to see progress of your project as it's amazing to see how different people bring these ideas to life! ^-^

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Kinjiru

yes I am defiantly aware of the progress Danny Choo is making, haha that's actually how i found out about DDs in the first place.

@Oni-Chan you made it sound like there's a number of projects out there, are there others besides Danny Choo? I agree I love seeing what different minds do too!

Oni-Chan

@Oni-Chan you made it sound like there's a number of projects out there, are there others besides Danny Choo? I agree I love seeing what different minds do too!

Well yeah, there's the dancing/ swaying DD on you tube, and I'm sure lot of people attempt to animate DD s themselves but don't advertise it...yet? . ^-^""

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

AntElitist

I would love to lay my hand on this. Once Intel Edison is out, maybe I can see what it can be done too. But so far I will just wait for DC to release his version and probably I also improvise from there.

miamurray

When we finally get Persocom's it will totally make up for my lack of friends that have the same hobbies as me

Hello Dollies! XD

miamurray

I think the movie "Her" might get people thinking in that direct too.

Hello Dollies! XD

shade96

i understand i have been kind of researching it as well with the technology already out there its not im possibul but there mostly focused on making them life sized rather than on a smaller scale