Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Minuette

Bag Rant/Recommendations?

Minuette

I've been hankering to take Annie out in to the city for some awesome photos, but I live in a fairly large city, and would prefer to keep her safely hidden for obvious reasons. I love everything about the Volks carrier bag, but it's quite sold out, so I went looking for alternatives that were both functional and fashionable. Every other bag on the market has a black interior! What were the bag makers thinking? The Dollmore bags are lovely and I would get one in a heartbeat if it weren't for the fact that the interiors are black!!

Can anyone make some recommendations for a bag that has a white interior but still looks nice? I don't really like the Coolcat bags, but I LOVE the Volks and Dollmore bags, like I said above. I'd like to stay in that price range ideally, as well. Storage space is important, but less so than aesthetics of the bag.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oni-Chan

I dont have anything to offer but if you want to think outside the box you could try like i did :

i have a huge travel bag I picked up cheap from aldi's (Australia). It has wheels on one end and a long retractable handle so I don't have to carry it and it it fits my (current) 6 girls all flat and standing up.

It's black lined but I wrap my girls up in soft blankets either way. The base is good because of how it's made, It has 3 slight dividers where my girls lie nicely. There's also pockets on 3 sides and room above their heads for extra bits :p

Good luck!

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

AnimatorAR

Dunno if this will help, one time I was at Goodwill and I found a yoga mat bag that works great for carrying my two DDs. I just put my girls in that plastic bag they came in with or wrap them in a white blanket/towel and then put them in the yoga mat bag. On the bag it even says "Toyoga" like in Toyota. Lol. So it looks like I am carrying a yoga bag or a car dealer bag. It is a super cheap way to carry my girls in and easy to pack up without taking any space in my closet.

Minuette

AnimatorAR, that is actually a bit of genius I'm surprised I didn't think of, in my frustrations. There are some cute ones on Amazon with cargo pockets, too...

I'm still very open to suggestions, but I admit that yoga bag is genius haha.

Dollvari

You can wrap them in a towel and use a tripod bag. I saw someone use an old violin case, and redo the inside.

Saba

I have a doll bag with black interior, but I use a white pillow from a resin doll box which wraps around my DDS when the bag is done up, so no probs. re staining

Wintergrey

I purchased a cheap violin case second hand and half filled it with bean bag beans then glued in a piece of fabric to cover them.

The top half of the case was padded with foam with fabric on top.

This lets me change the size and shape of what I'm carrying without having to worry about sacrificing protection.

pharaviel

The violin case is a really cool

I was trying to find a more manly bag and I think I'll use an aluminium case...

image.jpg.64de1cb936ebe6aa4325f85902f4f10f.jpg

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Tieren

When I'm doing photo shoots around the city that I have to bike or bus to I just put my camera and the dollfie dream into a normal backpack. I bend their legs so they're sitting in my backpack and have them lean forward and I put a hand over their hair while I do up the zipper. I've also carried dollfies in a gym bag with their legs and knees bent to fit. I can fit two of them if I lay them in opposite directions.

Poofiemus

Yeah, I sit my girls seiza-style in a backpack too usually. I may have to change that though; it was fine with just Ags and Nanoham, but I'm not sure I can get a DDII, a DDDy, *and* an Obi50 into that thing all at the same time, especially with stands. Even if I can, I'll still have to devise something different after Miku shows up, unless I want to start only bringing only a couple of them to any given "sedentary" or "house" meet. :/ (That's the kind of meet where we don't take dolls very far, usually hosted at someone's house. There's also the "out and about" or "wandering" meet, where we're in public and often end up meandering; for those I find it much easier to stick to wrangling just one girl. Also, I think I'm probably the only one who bothers nicknaming the two meetup types. )

I probably could get all four into my duffle bag plus Pancake, but the thing's getting old enough it's shedding black flakey bits of synthetic fabric on the inside. Wish I had enough tags to get another of the same kind, that thing is awesome save for its age and that it's missing the shoulder strap.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Minuette
Yeah, I sit my girls seiza-style in a backpack too usually. I may have to change that though; it was fine with just Ags and Nanoham, but I'm not sure I can get a DDII, a DDDy, *and* an Obi50 into that thing all at the same time, especially with stands. Even if I can, I'll still have to devise something different after Miku shows up, unless I want to start only bringing only a couple of them to any given "sedentary" or "house" meet. :/ (That's the kind of meet where we don't take dolls very far, usually hosted at someone's house. There's also the "out and about" or "wandering" meet, where we're in public and often end up meandering; for those I find it much easier to stick to wrangling just one girl. Also, I think I'm probably the only one who bothers nicknaming the two meetup types. )

I probably could get all four into my duffle bag plus Pancake, but the thing's getting old enough it's shedding black flakey bits of synthetic fabric on the inside. Wish I had enough tags to get another of the same kind, that thing is awesome save for its age and that it's missing the shoulder strap.

So would an "in the park" meet be a "sedimentary" meet? |D You can tell me if that was dumb, really!

I think I've decided to go for a yoga mat bag for now, though everybody had really awesome ideas!! Maybe if Volks releases the carrier bags again I'll go for one of those, but for now $20 on a nice yoga mat bag will do hahaha.

Though, if anyone has only MDD girls... I actually used a Mary Kay Starter Kit bag to carry my Obitsu and Minifee. It was great for MSD sized girls. Though the design of the starter kit bag has changed since I got mine so I don't know if it will work anymore!

redxmaverick

This is what do. Split dollfie in half, wrap in a towel then place inside a backpack.

Poofiemus

So would an "in the park" meet be a "sedimentary" meet? |D You can tell me if that was dumb, really!

If there's sandstone it will be. Besides, sediment makes me sedimental. /rimshot (I'm sorry, I know I probably shouldn't poke at a bit of word confusion. I have a pun addiction problem. ^^; )

Judging by our last AZ meet at the lake, they can be either--it seems to depend on a combination of the weather, who turns up, and how many interesting-looking things are at the park in question. Meets at the Friendship Garden are usually "wander" type, since the weather is fairly cool in the months of the year when it's open, and there's so much photogenic stuff there. But at the lake meetup, Somunul and I were really the only ones that wandered much, and most everyone else stuck pretty close to the bench/table we initially set up at, making it pretty sedentary for most of them. Think it's because it was 90F that day, and some of the objects you had to be a bit creative to get attractive shots with them. (Especially that sculpture. Seriously, who decided a stack of three white cylinders was a good idea? Still got some good shots of Nanoha on it, but that's partially because most the sculpture showed up as nearly abstract stuff in the background.)

Splitting in half in the torso does sound like it'd be helpful, Redxmaverick, so long as the outfit accommodates it. Ones that require tucked-in shirts would be kind of a pain to put back together, but untucked shirts or dresses that don't involve separate petticoats would probably be just fine.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.