Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Bubbles

Iplehouse Wigs

Bubbles

I just got 2 wigs from Iplehouse which are supposedly 8-9 size, but when I took a closer look at them they seem like they are smaller than that (closer to 7-8 size). I compared it to a 8-9 size ForMyDoll wig I had and the Iplehouse ones are indeed smaller.

Anyone else notice the same thing? I'm wondering if its just a difference in brands or if Iplehouse just sent me the wrong thing. The 2 wigs I got ended up being too small for DD's. I could only fit it on Yukino's head barely with no wig cap, which I heard DDH-03 has a really small head.

Talolili

Maybe they sent the wrong size. The Iplehouse wigs I have fit all my DDs very well.

Bubbles

Maybe. The tag on the hair net says its the right size. Bad luck for me.

I'm going to stick to getting Luts 9-10's.

Talolili

Good luck. Lots of wigs fit DDs since their heads are a standard size.

Lady Ravenswood

Hm, were you able to figure this out?

I have my girl (a Mariko) wearing an Iplehouse wig. It is a very old Iplehouse wig though, and I know they've changed wig manufactures since they produced that one. It might just be that their wigs run smaller since the heads on their dolls also run more around 8" and their 8-9 wigs are made specifically for that size. I tend to buy 7-8 wigs from other companies to fit my EID women. I know the styles of their wigs vary by size range, so if you look through their 7-8 wigs, the style you got might not even be available in that size and then you could be sure if they run small or if the wrong one was sent to you.

Bubbles

I figured that the situation is exactly as you said. Iplehouse dolls have small heads so their 8-9 is slightly smaller than those made by other brands. The problem is compounded by the lack of stretchiness of the iplehouse wigs. The wigs I got have a tag that says "large" which corresponds to 8-9 on their website, so it is unlikely they sent the wrong thing.

I tried putting the wig on a vmf50 doll and it was way too big. These dolls usually can wear 7-8.

I have found some other brands I can stick too for DD's that have good size and stretchiness such as Luts, ForMyDoll, Crobidoll, and any misc brand that uses DD's as the wig models.

I just have 2 extra wigs don't fit on any of my dolls, but oh well.

Lady Ravenswood

Aw, well maybe someone will come along that can wear them in the future? ^_~

Amara77

I had the same thing happen too. Tag said 8-9 and I could barely get it on Beatrice's head. It was meant for my 07 and that was NOT happening.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Talolili

The wigs I have are also older ones and I didn't know they changed manufacturers.

You could resell the wigs you can't use.

Bubbles

Yes the quality is not as good. The hair strands fall out more easily than some other brands.

I just ordered a SID doll from Iplehouse, so I guess I will put my 2 extra wigs to use.

Talolili

Congrats on the new doll. Hopefully the wigs will look good on your SID.

I was thinking of ordering more IH wigs awhile back but I think I'll pass now especially hearing about the quality.