Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Dannayi

Nendoroid Vs. Figma? Whihc one should i get?

Dannayi

Ok. So I have been saving up (not my dollfie savings, that's another savings) and was going to get nendoroid first but then I found figma and was thinking about getting one, but then I thought about how lonely she would feel so now I have to get like 4 of them If I choose figma's. Figmas are cheaper and I can get more for my money, but nendoroids are just so cute!!!! Figma's, they are cute but not compared to nendoroids.... it just so frustrating trying to pick between them . What do you guys think I should get? Figma or Nendoroid. Thanks!

UPDATE: Thanks Guys!!! I have made up my mind (mostly) and decided to get both. I really like both of them, so I'm think about getting three figmas and two nendoroids and that should be good. Thanks again everyone!!!

Edited by Guest

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

☐ Nendo

☐ Figma

☑ Both

A motivational quote from a person whom I respect greatly:

do work; buy dolls.

It can of course be modified to suit whatever purchases I am, or, you are, considering at the time.

What characters are you looking at?

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

Ayuuya

If buying both will make you happy, I say buy both ;D

That being said... I personally prefer Nendos. I've bought both in the past, but I like the look of Nendos more. I did like the Persona Figmas though.

^^ Don't feel like you have to get friends immediately for whichever figurine you get... They won't be lonely, they have you! /dragged away for corny-ness

Poofiemus

I'd use the same rule as I do with dolls: Get whichever one you love more. And it sounds like you prefer Nendos. (I personally prefer Figmas, but that's largely because I've just never gotten into the whole chibi thing; once you change the proportions they just don't feel like the character I love anymore to me. But it seems I'm in the minority with that one.)

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Dannayi
☐ Nendo

☐ Figma

☑ Both

A motivational quote from a person whom I respect greatly:

do work; buy dolls.

It can of course be modified to suit whatever purchases I am, or, you are, considering at the time.

What characters are you looking at?

I have several in mind but some of the options I choose for both of them are sold out. So I guess we will just have to see which ones I CAN buy and like because im shopping from AmiAmi.com and they don't really have a "Don't include sold out" section or button or anything. But hanks again for the help. This made deciding SOOO much easier!

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

I prefer using Hobbylink Japan wherever possible for purchases. Their prices are often cheaper as they don't charge consumption tax on international orders and their postage tends to be cheaper. The only problem is sometimes they don't have something Amiami-chan does in which case I have to bite the bullet and buy. Their search engine is better too.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

yokha

I'm a figma collector, and love this line more than any other 1/12 action figures line, but I never buy a nendo before but my first nendo would be cardcaptor sakura and aoba since I already preordered them. I'd say just get both, Which figma character you gonna get?

Fenris

I own some figmas. They're pretty easy and fun to put in different poses. Nendos are a bit more limited in the things you can do with them. If you like messing with the figure a lot or would like to try to be creative with them in photography or even making a comic, figmas would be better, since they'd be more fun to play with. If they're just going to sit on your desk or shelf as decoration, then go for whatever that look better for you.

VisceralOne

BOTH. BUY BOTH. OF THE SAME CHARACTER.

mizunotsubasa

I have both of them. It actually depends on if you like chibi figure or not.

mizunotsubasa

I have both of them. It actually depends on if you like chibi figure or not.

Victoria

I don't have any Figmas b/c I dislike to see these joints, but I don't care that much about movability anyway. ^^' And I don't think they are cute either. xD

If you like the design of Nendos more, my vote goes to them. They are more expensive but it's worth it. Or is quantity more important to you? I prefer to buy less but then I have at least things I really want but people are different.

CharBrass

I own a over 60 figmas but I only have about 10 nendos, I enjoy the articulation of a figma and I'm not too fond of chibis, however some characters really suit the style or it's the only decent figure you can get of them. So it depends on the character for me, but it's entirely down to your own tastes

At Home: Yoko, Asuna, Nanoha, Kos-Mos, Nia, Fate and Kurisu

Incoming: Saber Extra

katzilla

Both - Nendoroid for all that adorable chibi goodness and figma for all that poseable fun! Couldn't possibly choose one over the other ^^

If you are looking to have fun with props and posing from a photography perspective, or if wanting a fully poseable drawing reference tool for a favourite character, however, then I'd say go figma first. However, on the flip side, you can have so much fun playing with the extra After Parts pack extras for Nendoroids too, and they're also a great drawing reference if you likd chibis like I do!

bubblefox

First I had figmas before I got nendo's. If you're looking for posability, realism of the character go for figmas. If you like the cuteness/chibiness and don't mind that they are not as posable, go for nendo's. Or try both haha

DDs at home: Makise (DDS DDH-06 (magical Ruby), Momo (DDS M.O.M.O), DDH-10 head, DDH-08 head

My Flickr:https://www.flickr.com/photos/73854785@N07/

sklurk

nendos are a lot more fun to look at... they're just so cute when you start changing their faces around. Also.. if you've ever seen any of the games that feature nendos... they're just so funny when they run with those giant heads.

sklurk

so true.. I've almost bought that saber with the scrunched up screamy face several times because I find that expression hilarious