Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Riceballalien

Customizing a limited run doll

Riceballalien

How do you guys feel about it? I really like the sculpt of Imogen (Airy) but I was thinking about getting a new face-up done, and I'm wondering if there's a taboo with that, or not. I haven't changed much with her yet, just her eyes.

(Not sure if there was another post in here about this.)

Syu_Akagi

i'll never change the face up of limited doll. If i want costume head ,no matter revising the shape or face up, i'll choose DDH-0X serise head.

Coming Soon ...

Yukamina

If I'll enjoy the sculpt more with a different face-up, then I'll definitely change it. The first thing I did when I got my Alice was change the face-up... It's my doll, why should I worry about that when I don't plan to sell her? Mind, I wouldn't use a limited head for practice or anything too careless >_

Amara77

I agree with Yukamina.

It's your doll, do what will make you happy. Mostly when I get dolls I am using them to shell a character so the face-ups are not right. My Sakuya is patiently awaiting her turn for a new face-up. I will miss her old face-up because she's very pretty, but it isn't what I want.

You're not going to be happy with her if she doesn't look like the image you have in mind. I have no intention of selling so I'm not worried about pricing. However I've seen quite a few girls that sell for the same if not more with a new (well done) paint job.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Riceballalien

Thanks! I was a bit worried about it, and will really miss her current face-up, but I have no intentions of ever selling her, and will probably have someone that does it professionally do the new one for me, just because I'd rather learn on a blank head that I won't cry over (As much) if I goof it up.

DivinitaAria

I had my Rise repainted and I am so happy about it! She stands out now and it surprises people when I say, "Yes, this is a Dollfie Dream Rise!"

Rise - Rise // Rise #2 - Rise // Ritsuko - 2B // Momo - M.O.M.O. // Nayuki -Mikuru // Romi - 09 // Makoto - Sailor Jupiter // Mikasa - DD07 (WIP)
Wishlist: DDH-25 for custom Akechi 🥰

UsagiTeatime

I also have Airy. ^^

I will be buying her a new faceup pretty soon here. Its not nearly as blushie as she needs to be!

I say do what you want and what makes you happy. Screw everyone else's opinions.

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DDAiryChie  DDAmahaMiuMegumi  DDH06Emi  DDRibbonMaya  ImomoRubyMira  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost
DC24Yukiko Amagi  DC23Chie Satonaka  DDH27Nanako Dojima

Ravendruid

Sisterkyoya has bought more than one limited doll just for the unique sculpt and not for the character or faceup. If you're not concerned about re-sale value I think it's silly to feel like you "have to" stick to the default if that's not what makes you happy.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg