Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
deadlegato

How long between Obitsu body releases/restocks?

deadlegato

Hey,

I've been looking for an Obitsu 40 for awhile but they're sold out everywhere, and it looks like the last time Junkyspot got any in was in September of last year! (If I'm reading their updates page right.)

Does Obitsu have really limited production? How often do batches of their bodies come out?

I tried searching the forum but only found stuff about Volks restocks.

Misheru

The 40cm is made by directly by Parabox, not Obitsu. They modify Obitsus and create the new sizes.

I checked Parabox last night and they are sold out still as well. They have been for a while.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

deadlegato

Oooooh, I'm a noob to Obitsus lol. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just keep looking. Either the Obitsu 40s or the MDDs have to come back into stock SOMETIME.

Misheru

Oh, no problem at all. They are still Obitsu bodies, based on the 50cm skeleton. Parabox just makes different sizes, including 40cm.

They usually stock them more often, but I think they have had a lot of unexpected traffic from people looking for MDD and MSD alternatives.

They are actually less expensive from Parabox as long as the yen stays low.

Janeway

try www.junkyspot.com for one this is where l get mine from Also you can ask on there FB page as well.

Misheru

Yes, they are very good at getting back to you and they update when they get new shipments on Obitsu products in stock.

K-2

I pretty sure (99%) that Parabox is just an Obitsu retailer and does not do any actual manufacturing. Parabox may do some assembling of their own custom bodies and full sets. Parabox, like other companies such as Angel Philia, Azone, Visuadoll, etc., does design their own custom dolls and parts based on Obitsu's 50cm body and commissions Obitsu to manufacture a "batch" for them. Since each of these companies owns their individual designs, you probably won't be seeing 40cm Angel Philias, or Azones with Visuadoll Sora heads. Since Obitsu manufactures other plastic and vinyl toys besides our dolls, Obitsu's production schedule can vary greatly depending on how many orders come in. I have no idea how big a "batch" of any one doll or part is. It would depend on how many the company which placed the order asks for and most of these companies seem reluctant to say how many dolls or parts are available per batch. I would also assume Obitsu fills orders on a first come, first served basis like most manufacturers so restock times of a specific doll or part can vary depending on how busy Obitsu is filling other orders.

MVSig.jpg

Misheru

That interesting, but makes sense.

I wonder why all of the parts aren't available directly from Obitsu with that being the case, but it suppose it is a commission/license thing involved.

K-2
I wonder why all of the parts aren't available directly from Obitsu with that being the case, but it suppose it is a commission/license thing involved.

I'm sure that's exactly it. Each individual company owns the exclusive rights to sell their own designs.

Fortunately for us most of the "parts that break" are stock Obitsu parts and are readily available (most of the time). Unfortunately, finding that Yamato VMF50 Type B bust or VMF tan wrist joint replacement is going to be nearly impossible since the VMF parts now belong to Angel Philia and they (AP) don't seem to be very committed to making replacement parts available.

Part of this is protecting their product and keeping demand high. If they (AP) have too many of their custom parts (mostly busts and abdomens) available, people will buy a stock Obitsu body (for about $200-$230) and for another $100 add the custom AP parts. Then they'd have the AP doll (nearly) at much less than AP's asking price of $400+ for a body. Same goes for heads. If you want an AP Misa head, you have to buy the whole doll.

MVSig.jpg

Misheru

Yep, we have Obitsu bits of al kinds in a chest of drawers. thankfully most can be made to work.

Janeway

yay so l am not the only one that keeps a bag of obitsu body parts in the flat.

deadlegato

Apparently ask and ye shall recieve- Junkyspot just did a huge parabox/obitsu restock including the 40cm body!

Janeway

Junkyspot had a sale on there obitsu body's for 199.00. Not sure if they sell have them on sale.