The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

Volks news 60 (new standard dolls announced)

dreamcore
There are more female Vocaloids too XD

Absolutely! I was just mentioning it as a possibility. Also, since the first release was Hatsune Miku, I have a feeling they have a contract with Crypton and we will only be seeing the CV series. That means female options are limited to Rin, Luka, and Meiko.

Shailara

Well, that's true. So it'll either be they'll release Luka and Meiko only, or perhaps Rin too but alone, or they'll need to create a boy body for the others...hm, with Volks, I can't say which is more likely...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Bloodflower

Considering that Rin and Len are supposed to be indentical there could be a chance that Volks just makes a Len outfit for a Rin doll. At least that would've been a smart move if they release a Rin doll without Len.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

Shailara
Considering that Rin and Len are supposed to be indentical there could be a chance that Volks just makes a Len outfit for a Rin doll. At least that would've been a smart move if they release a Rin doll without Len.

I thought of that too~ Since they make extra outfits for some (all?) of their DDs, that could be a possiblity~ ^_^

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Dollvari

Thank You for the pictures and info Mitsuki & SakuraSylph This puts my heart at ease, the new face ups made it hard to tell.

deadlegato

Depending on how her sculpt turns out I could see myself going for a Luka.

mogaman39

Candy is going to come home for sure. I need a blonde in the family. Love her face and wig.

Petunia

Does Mirai have the big hands in the promo pictures? Especially the picture where she has fisted hands caught my eye. I think in some other pictures it looks like she has the big hands too.

I think they actually look... pretty good. I'm starting to consider getting the big hands for my Mirai. Even if I don't get her at the click-war, I'll get her later when she gets the standard release.

Oni-Chan

Heads up, the candy and mirai memorial versions have been re listed on the volks site ♡

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

foo

For those that aren't keeping track, the Memorial Edition of Mirai at least will still be available. The two of them were coming in and out of stock; Candy now says 'Sold out' but Mirai still says 'Will Be Restocked.' It says on the Standard Version pages that those will be available when the Memorial versions are sold out.

I wonder if they're going to retire Aoi and Yukino, since I don't see the point of producing so many standard DD3 models :/ They have much older & simpler faceups, I wouldn't be surprised if they similarly refresh them in a few many years from now.

Galvatim

Aoi and Yukino just got second versions with refreshed face-ups after the DDIII body release.

Mirai offers a standard model Semi-White skin doll, which hasn't been done before, at least. I think Volks has a pretty decent variety of standard model DDs now. All the bodies and most of the DDIII bust types are covered, plus SW skin. Most entry level fans' needs will be met.

foo
Aoi and Yukino just got second versions with refreshed face-ups after the DDIII body release.

I realize that, but the faceups barely changed with the DD3 releases. The "face" looks the same as in 2007, unlike Mirai & Candy. Like, before & after (and compare those to Mayu or Mirai).

Edit: more to the point, if you want Yukino or Aoi get them while you can (・・')

DJStarstryker

I realize that, but the faceups barely changed with the DD3 releases. The "face" looks the same as in 2007, unlike Mirai & Candy. Like, before & after (and compare those to Mayu or Mirai).

Not sure if they'll actually go away though. Super Dollfies have a LOT of different standard model choices. Maybe Volks is just slowly making more options for DDs and going to keep them all available.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Galvatim

I own both versions of Aoi. They don't look the same to me. Aoi 2nd clearly has a less severe expression. I've never cared for Mayu/DDH-04. I'd go so far as to say I feel almost the same way about Mayu as you do about Aoi.

Not sure if they'll actually go away though. Super Dollfies have a LOT of different standard model choices. Maybe Volks is just slowly making more options for DDs and going to keep them all available.

And that's what they should do. Variety is a good thing. Instead of retiring any standard models, Volks should add a seamless torso DDS, with the 07 head. Save the refreshes for the inevitable DDIV body generation.

Yukamina

I don't see them getting rid of Aoi or Yukino either. 05 and Mirai/Candy are old sculpts as well and they have just recently been added as standards/option parts. Not to mention Rena's very old sculpt... I feel like Volks is supporting these sculpts as standards, old and new, and if you want something fancier, you can go for one of many many limited DDs.

BeyondTime

To keep things on topic in the Facebook thread, I'm going to respond here.

5 hours ago, finnleo said:

A bit veering off topic, but it is a intriguing thing by itself, because Mirai and Candy are sort of the last vestiges of Volks'es Lost angels story, something that they have since pretty much erased from their perspective. (yes, there were actual LAS character DD's, Ragla, Sanjie (0G tan girl), Shino and Marya, but I always saw the original shiny PVC and gothic styling as a contiunation from that series.)

You mean Candy & Mirai were part of a "story" series done with their vinyls like they do with their SD?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Candy & Mirai were part of a "story" series done with their vinyls

Well, Lost angels story was a series of Ultimate figure volks dolls from way back when. I think they are 1/6 scale (but I assume I will be schooled about this in short order).

was there any real concrete storyline going on I have no idea, but the concepts they put out were rather funky (do a search on mandarake for Lost angels story, and you'll get the picture) - I mean there are generic barbie looking things, but we were also talking shrine maindens with bazookas type funky.

Volks was already winding it down when Dollfie dreams came about, Mirai and Candy were not ever mentioned to be actually part of the series, but the whole moonpower plastic, telepathy with the first owner lore, and the black shiny pvc outfits sort of aligned with the whole LAS thing.

So at the very least the sculpts date back to those wilder days.

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, finnleo said:

I think they are 1/6 scale (but I assume I will be schooled about this in short order).

It looks like they were: https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2255

There are Lost Angels DDs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165256256150 , https://myfigurecollection.net/item/18173 , https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/12846

The maid outfit on the first one looks pleathery.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There are Lost Angels DD

mmm, as I mentioned they did four before gratuating the whole chuunibyo thing. (I guess that would explain the "This never happened" approach... and now I want to rewatch love chuunibyo and other delusions again...).

Ragla, Shino, and Marya are fairly shiny pvc coated fabric items, Sanjie is a fairly delicate dancer thing (the 0G tan girl too if I recall correct). But they do have the actual LAS logo with them, and Mirai and Candy didnt. So again I saw them as spiritual successors at first, and the actual cross-overs came later.

10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The maid outfit on the first one looks pleathery

14829122315_c1400b76e6_b.jpg

Yes... yes it does... Did I mention the fake C-strings...? (if you dont know, dont google.)

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, finnleo said:

Yes... yes it does... Did I mention the fake C-strings...? (if you dont know, dont google.)

Like the one that came with Kos-Mos? Clear plastic straps to keep them in place?

48 minutes ago, finnleo said:

mmm, as I mentioned they did four before gratuating the whole chuunibyo thing.

Indeed you did, I tend to hyper focus and my memory for things can be very in the moment. As they say: In one ear and out the other.

I like the outfit styles, but I'd prefer long lasting satin to pleather.

finnleo
23 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Like the one that came with Kos-Mos? Clear plastic straps to keep them in place?

Similar execution, but slightly more skimpy. A bit more pointy at the back leading to the conclusion "They really went there, didnt they?".

23 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I like the outfit styles, but I'd prefer long lasting satin to pleather.

True that. these arent super fragile, but can start to flake if stretched too far. Someone on the forum had Marya's default inner dress in a depressing state, that makes me a bit scared to even check how its faring in its bag, the magical alna set's pants I have started to delaminate, and also the top feel hardened ... and I still have a resurrection project in a holding pattern of reverse engineering an old volks blown up pleather china dress...

Edited by finnleo