The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

Volks news 60 (new standard dolls announced)

Yukamina

Also it's nice they're doing option parts in SWS for DDDy and MDD, but I also find myself asking, "What about white?" White predates SWS, and demand ought to be as high for it I'd think. :/

I get the impression that Volks are trying phase out the white skin, I don't believe that it's all that popular due to it being very hard to photograph compared to NS and SWS. Some people also found it unnaturally pale, especially since SWS came along.

No way, I love WS! D: I would rather they phase out NS and just have SWS and WS if I had to choose.

SakuraSylph

My VN60 will arrive sometime this week. At that point we'll be able to see what they say specifically about the Miku alternate hands. Since someone had a question about that.

SakuraSylph

Kumi
I’m pretty happy they are going to make Candy and Mirai standard I've had them on my short list. I wonder if they used the same head mold?

Well, I think that's the whole point, to use the same mold as before

jadepixel
I’m pretty happy they are going to make Candy and Mirai standard I've had them on my short list. I wonder if they used the same head mold?

Well, I think that's the whole point, to use the same mold as before

Sometimes for SD the mold is changed, like making Nono less anime looking or making Tae's head smaller. But so far Volks doesn't change the old mold of DD.

Talolili

I always liked both Mirai and Candy. It's nice to see them finally coming back.

mitsuki

They seem like the same head mold (new version on the left):

15183637775_16488dfee4.jpg

15160610446_e559183df3.jpg

15183637075_e51019e51f.jpg

15183635975_11b1d10d14.jpg

15183259852_5bf9558042.jpg

14996964050_b1c96cb225.jpg

14996866709_1e80232fc1.jpg

Poofiemus

Thanks Mitsuki! That's quite helpful. I'd say yeah, same mold, new, more modern-type faceups and new eye types.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

aiRreyes

Thank you mitsuki-chan :3 Volks really did improved with the face-up, same mold though with a softer strokes :3

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

galatia9

Love the new faceups, wigs and wardrobes!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

SakuraSylph

DD Candy, Standard Ver

Eyes: Animetic K-type Anzu 22mm

Head: Mirai / Candy Standard Ver Original Head

Wig: Candy Standard Ver New-Type original style

Body: DDIII, Normal Skin, L-Shapely bust

Regular Edition: incl. slip dress and pantsu, as expected

Regular Price: 43,000 JPY plus tax

Memorial Edition: incl. white one-piece dress, pannier, and shoes; plus the usual slip and pantsu

Memorial Price: 48,000 JPY plus tax

Release: DD Gathering 2014 (11 October)

DD Mirai, Standard Ver

Eyes: Animetic I-type Ruri-kon 22mm

Head: Mirai / Candy Standard Ver Original Head

Wig: Mirai Standard Ver New-Type original style

Body: DDIII, Semi-White Skin, S-bust

Regular Edition: incl. slip dress and pantsu, as expected

Regular Price: 43,000 JPY plus tax

Memorial Edition: incl. white one-piece dress, pannier, and shoes; plus the usual slip and pantsu

Memorial Price: 48,000 JPY plus tax

Release: DD Gathering 2014 (11 October)

SakuraSylph

Yukamina

Thanks for the info, SakuraSylph!

I definitely prefer the newer style of face-up/eyes/etc to the old, it's nice to see Mirai and Candy in the newer style ^^

Syu_Akagi

I'm so glad that the DD3 and MDD Semi White base body will roll out soon.

Coming Soon ...

foo

I definitely prefer the newer style of face-up/eyes/etc to the old, it's nice to see Mirai and Candy in the newer style ^^

It's great to see how much DDs have changed since then. They started out as straightforward anime-style dolls, but they've turned into something really special.

Bloodflower

I like Mirai's and Candy's new face-up, they've managed to keep their essential details while updating it at the same time. I wish though that Volks could for once actually be a bit more creative and chose more similar eyes than the oval one's that all of the standards seems to use. Type B or E eyes would be more fitting in my opinion.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

creationdss87

Wow, I love the comparison photos of Candy and Mirai; thank you so much Mitsuki for doing that!!

Totally off topic for the new standard girls.... but does anyone know when those new outfits are being released? the idol master vampire and makotos? As well as the new aquarium set in grey and pink??

Innocentsake

It's good to see that Candy & Mirai will be added to the standard line as they are both cuties! Mirai is definitely my favorite of the two by far~ I would love Candy's wig for Seraphina And even though it is another rehash I'm happy to see that they used different fabric for the aquarium sets. I wasn't interested in them before, but I do love the new fabric being used (much more texture). I might try for one of them whenever they comes to Volks USA.

Poofiemus
And even though it is another rehash I'm happy to see that they used different fabric for the aquarium sets. I wasn't interested in them before, but I do love the new fabric being used (much more texture). I might try for one of them whenever they comes to Volks USA.

I agree completely! I thought they were nice but not anything I wanted in their past iterations, but I'm totally digging the tweed. I'm leaning towards the grey, since it gives that classy-but-cute, slightly retro flair that works so wonderfully on Nanoha. But unless I'm visited by the job fairy in the next month exactly, I'll be waiting for USA too.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Eustia

I just want that lovely skirt Mirai is in.

deadlegato

I am praying that this time the promise of semi-white MDDs comes through. Really. I have so many hybrids I'd like to make with semi white DD heads.

Lady Ravenswood

I really love the memorial editions of Candy and Mirai. I'm so, so tempted by Candy...but I'm more partial to the SWS than the NS...blarg. Choices, choices.

Also, to chime in (if a bit late), I really, really, REALLY hope that they are not phasing out WS. I adore WS. Part of why I waffled for so long on getting a DD in the first place was because it was so difficult to get WS dolls and I wanted WS the most. >_>

My other Volks love is their SD16 girls...and again, WS is hardly to be seen. I don't know why they seem to have such a dislike for that skin tone while it is fairly standard in all other doll companies to have NS and WS as the standard choices. Standards in WS would make me so happy!

Haha, anyway...that's my little rant... ^.^

Darkmuse

Mirai is cute! I miss the old time when first version Mirai came out.

dreamcore

On page 82 it mentions that they won't be stopping with Hatsune Miku and that others are being designed. This implies that more vocaloids are incoming. Since it would be ridiculous to release Rin without Ren, and the previous Volks News mentioned a new type of Dollfie in the works, I wonder if they really will release a male DD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5imfhv1ymj0seh/vocaloiddd.jpg?dl=0

Kumi
Since it would be ridiculous to release Rin without Ren, and the previous Volks News mentioned a new type of Dollfie in the works, I wonder if they really will release a male DD.

Maybe it would be ridiculous, but for example Asuna was released without Kirito.

And Yaya without Raishin. Same for Yoko - Kamina would be a killer

So the chances are small... but maybe...

dreamcore
Since it would be ridiculous to release Rin without Ren, and the previous Volks News mentioned a new type of Dollfie in the works, I wonder if they really will release a male DD.

Maybe it would be ridiculous, but for example Asuna was released without Kirito.

And Yaya without Raishin. Same for Yoko - Kamina would be a killer

So the chances are small... but maybe...

I don't think any of those characters you mentioned are associated with each other to the same level as Rin and Ren. They are twins, share the same designation number, and are sold together as "Kagamine Rin/Ren".

Shailara

There are more female Vocaloids too XD

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)