Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Suzuna

Help resizing those flat-chested, barrel waisted patterns!

Suzuna

Ok, so maybe our DDs are stylized and I'm biased. I've been trying to sew lately, but I cannot make a single thing without a pattern and my alteration skills are utter crap. How DO you alter a pattern from SD10/13 to fit a slim-waisted L-bust DD? It boggles the mind!

fenrir z78

I start by makeing the outfit of white cloth. That will be my protype. See where you need to bring it in or let it out. That can give you a good strating point. But when all elas fails hit it with a hammer.

Suzuna

Time to get a stock of hammers!

jadepixel

I tried it myself, but had a hard time getting the arm holes right again after modding for such a big bust

I ended up working on a new bodice pattern for L-bust - it still needs some work, but might give you some ideas.

dd_blouse_inprog.jpg.83136ccae5c8808fe1afd878a16f33fe.jpg

Poofiemus

I can see it's been a while since the last post, but I figured I'd add this in case it helps someone.

I eventually gave up on using patterns for Agatha in any way other than inspiration/reference myself. ^^; However, one thing that's helped me a ton is using paper towels to make a muslin/mockup. What you could do is take an existing pattern, set it to be big enough to fit le boobies and/or le booty, and cut it out of paper towel. Then you modify the paper towels, taking tucks, adding darts, etc, where necessary, until it fits like you want it to. See, the paper towels behave more like fabric than regular paper, but are of course far cheaper than actual fabric, so you can inexpensively make as many mock-ups as you need.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Saluli

this is a grat tip, thanks for sharing!

Last time I tried to do doll clothes I used masking tape for the pattern. I wraped the doll is saran wrap and them glued masking tape in the format of the dress. After, I carefully cut it to remove it from the doll and carefully cut some pieces of the masking tape dress, to make it flat. Instant Pattern!

I saw this tip in DoA, it really helped me.

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Suzuna

People sure do get creative for all of this! I'm horrible with spatial puzzles like patterns, so I almost NEED one. Thank you for the bodice pattern, that's where I have trouble. For everywhere else I tend to get it eventually. I'll try it out tomorrow, don't want to wake my family with the sewing machine!

btw Jade, that mind green dress with a white top part you made? BEYOND cute. I would buy a pattern of that in a flash!