Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
wildmusings

Greetings

wildmusings

Hello, my name is Jacqueline and I figure I'd better join this forum before another year has begun ^^' Also I enjoy rambling so on that note, story time:

I've been fascinated by resin ball-jointed dolls for a long time, so when I finally purchased my own back in 2013 and started browsing the online community, I stumbled upon Archangeli's website where I became smitten with her lovely collection of Dollfie Dreams.

In 2014 I attended the Dollfie Dream meetup at our local convention (Doll North) where I met so many nice DD owners who were very helpful answering my questions, teaching me new things and letting me look at/handle their dolls to get a better idea of what's involved with owning one.

I also got to attend a summer Toronto meet, which was suppose to be outdoors but didn't quite go as planned due to rain, but after luckily finding the new indoor venue had a wonderful time chatting with them/admiring all the dolls. Followed by meeting more international DD owners at Dollism Plus US, which was great fun!

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to join here as I've been reading posts on the board for a while now (as well as browsing related sites/galleries) but despite some set-backs (and my resin family growing at an unexpected rate) I'm determined to make 2015 the year where I bring home my own Dollfie Dream... so it seems as good a time as any.

At first she was going to be a MDD size, because I own a MSD... but after comparing them in person, I've decided it's best to just embrace their differences and go with the larger DDS or standard DD. Right now I'm working towards saving up for a DDS Mayu because she has such a warm cheerful expression and I want a doll who will suit a more casual country style, wearing jeans/slacks, cozy sweaters and floral prints. That and it's easier than choosing from the long list of limited editions that I've fallen for since XD Let's not even get me started about the Azone bug that bit me recently...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming active around here and getting to know you guys and your dolls a little better

"Treat yourself like you would your most sought after grail doll. You’re limited edition and loved." - Anonymous

Follow me on: Instagram | Please don't buy recast/counterfeit dolls, support the artists and hobby

Razzy

Welcome! We seem to have similar tastes when it comes to doll styles. I am also planning on having my first girl dress in modern, casual clothes. Awesome choice with Mayu! She's such a cute, bubbly sculpt. Can't wait to see her when she's all finished!

wildmusings

Nice to meet you, Razzy and thanks for the welcome

I adore different fashion styles, and owning dolls is an easy and slightly cheaper (at least if you take into account wear and tear) way of achieving different looks at once! Right now my mini wears mainly dark colours (a mixture of gothic/classic lolita and a bit of punk) while one of my tinies loves bright colours and bold patterns, whereas the other honestly just wants to be as cute and playful as possible.

Originally when I was looking to getting a MDD, she was going to wear sweet lolita, but some friends (aka enablers) convinced me that I really do need to have a Yo of my own so the plan is for her to rock the pastels and all things cute. When I decided on Mayu instead, who really was always my favourite of the standards, I thought that casual country style would just suit her so well. I'm looking forward to developing her too, but it might still be a while since money doesn't seem to want to grow on trees for me... only time will tell.

"Treat yourself like you would your most sought after grail doll. You’re limited edition and loved." - Anonymous

Follow me on: Instagram | Please don't buy recast/counterfeit dolls, support the artists and hobby

Talolili

Hi and welcome! I understand how it feels to want to focus on one particular doll yet be tempted by others, but I hope you can add Mayu to your doll family very soon as she's a real cutie.

wildmusings

Thanks for the welcome, Talolili! Yes, it is difficult to stay on track, especially when beautiful dolls on my future wish list show up in front of me within easy reach (be it at local conventions or at friends homes) making them too difficult to pass up on But the Dollfie Dream fund is still in the works, and Mayu should be mine (either new or second hand) this year ... in the meantime I will simply have to live vicariously through you guys and your dolls

AnnePecaro

Jacqueline, Howdy!

I'm looking forward to seeing you again--this time at Doll North! I'm really hoping there will be a DD meet up again this year, as I too have been bitten by the vinyl bug and would love to see some in person Let me know if you hear of any....I've been searching for a thread on here to no avail!